Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rip32 is offline Registered User

Rams 1,2,3,4,5th round picks

These are just my opinion of what I think the Rams should do on draft day having seen and heard about this years draft class.

(1st Round)
    Michael Huff-Texas-Safety:
    I have seen a lot of Texas games in the 4 years he has been on the Defense and I cant think of one where is individual performance was'nt at least good if not excellent or superb,Great tackler,very good in coverage,has a nose for the ball,Can play all the secondary positions.Good size at 6'1 205.The nextcoming of Ed Reed if you ask me,A no brainer if he is on the board when we pick.

(2nd Round)
    Dominique Byrd-USC-Tight End:
    A very well rounded Tight end can catch very well,very soft hands creates good seperation at the line of scrimmage also a fantastic blocker who can immediatly come in and start at tight end.

(3rd Round)
    Cedric Griffin-Texas-Corner Back
    Really impressed me this year with Texas and in the Senior Bowl,showed great instincts and broke on the ball well to pick off a ball in the end zone in the senior bowl
    Great size at 6'2 193 solid build just what the rams need to toughen up that secondary,is not the fastest corner but he plays real fast and did you see his socks at the senior bowl this guy is a character.

(4th Round)
    A.J Nicholson-Linebacker-Florida State
    Should be a day one pick but some off the field issues may make him drop.Reliable tackler,good in coverage,very good speed running a 4.60 at Florida State,ok size at 6'2 235.

(5th Round)
    Pat Watkins-Safety-Florida State
    I am hoping he is on the board because his size and range are very impressive 6'4 200 has long arms and could easily add more weight to his frame,great leaping ability,just needs to be more reliable in run support,if he were to fall to us I would love to add that size to the defense.

:clanram:

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Rams 1,2,3,4,5th round picks

it should go like this
    defense
    defense
    defense
    defense
    defense

possibly a tight end somewhere in there

Rambos is offline Registered User

Huff would be the answer for a great FS, if he is on the board. I would love that pick.

DaRamsBaby is offline Registered User

that would be a good draft day for the rams, i think, well hopefully it works out

chiguy is offline Registered User

No help on the line and only one backer? I don't think this is going to happen. And, I'd be angry if it did.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Sorry RIP32 but that is too many DBs. I like the first one and picking up a corner in the draft wouldn't be bad, but two safeties would be an unwise decision considering the youth we already have at the position. Your first four rounds look solid though.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I wouldn't be as disgusted as I have been with some of our more recent drafts If I saw this after a couple of days in April. Nice thoughts Rip32..................

Wouldn't take a TE that high though, and I'd like to see a LB in round two. Huff's a good pick.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Sorry but I don't think Huff is the answer we need to go LB. Ryans or Greenway.
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Sorry but I don't think Huff is the answer we need to go LB. Ryans or Greenway.
    You make it sound like Huff is a poor pick. No individual player is "the answer," but the bottom line is any of the three names you've mentioned - Huff, Greenway, or Ryans - will be a good step toward improving this defense. And let's face it, Joe Vitt pointed out how poor the play was at the safety position this season in multiple press conferences, if I remember correctly. That needs to be addressed just as much as the front seven.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If Huff is the next Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed or Sean Taylor (w/out the criminal charges), I'm all for him.

If the Rams take him, though, their second round strategy should be BLBA (Best LB Available).

Hodgins is offline Registered User

1) huff/jimmy williams/ tye hill
    2) abdul hodge/demeco ryans/Dquell jackson
    3) domonique byrd
    4) cedric griffon/darrell hunter
    5) rob simms/tatusi latui/ someone to help with the interior line
    6) marcus green/montavius stanley/ a big project at dt
    7) best de availiable

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    You make it sound like Huff is a poor pick. No individual player is "the answer," but the bottom line is any of the three names you've mentioned - Huff, Greenway, or Ryans - will be a good step toward improving this defense. And let's face it, Joe Vitt pointed out how poor the play was at the safety position this season in multiple press conferences, if I remember correctly. That needs to be addressed just as much as the front seven.
    No Huff isn't a poor pick I just think that we need to get the Runningback stopped before the line of scrimmage not in the secondary. Thats all and Huff isn't the next Reed or Taylor whoever. I"ve never seen him lay a hit. Jimmy Williams hits harder.
    RamsFan16

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

We are going to go offense and select Vernon Davis and settle for a DB in the 2nd round like last year. Davis is too gifted an athlete at TE to pass up and is compared to Kellen Winslow Jr. He can do pretty much everything. Linehan is exactly like Martz and he wants a new toy to play with.

chiguy is offline Registered User

On the off chance we actually draft a TE in the first round, under no circumstances will our second pick be a DB. It will be a LB or DL.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I just think that we need to get the Runningback stopped before the line of scrimmage not in the secondary.
    I agree, which is why I'd like to see us take a LB in the second and maybe even D-line in the third. But that doesn't mean we don't need to address poor play at the safety position as well, and Huff is a stud safety in this class.

Thats all and Huff isn't the next Reed or Taylor whoever.
    And you know that because....?

Let's not pretend Ed Reed was a top ten prospect in his class. He was drafted 24th overall in 2002, and was rated below Roy Williams.

I"ve never seen him lay a hit. Jimmy Williams hits harder.
    Nevermind that Williams will miss tackles because he's going for some of those hard hits, and Huff is widely regarded as a great tackler, which is something we need at the safety position.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast