Kendricks (olb) cal.

Jenkins (wr) ill.

Childes (wr) ark.

Leary (og/ot) memphis

hampton (rb) s. Ill.

Trevethan (olb) kentucky

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rams 2012 7 rd. Mock

Yeah... that draft would make me very unhappy.

diehard99 is offline Registered User

Player evaluation has been awful in this town for years. From rams management all the way down to the fans. Finally, though, we do have a real head coach now that actually knows how to find and develope talent for himself. My gut tells me all of you guys out there will be sad after we see who Fisher actually drafts. The differance will be that he knows what he is doing, unlike you guys.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Tired of drafting average WR's with 3-7 round grades very rarely do these guys produce consistently.We need a legitimate #1 and 2 not a bunch of 3/4 depth WR's.Rather than keep using 3rd n 4th round picks on WR's we hope can become a #1 or 2 year after year lets use some high picks and get it over with.The chances of a 1st round WR producing are much higher than a 3rd or 4th and beyond.Obviously a good player can come out of any round theoretically but at this point we have spent to many picks on average wideouts.This is a passing league WR's are very much a huge need for us and we need to address it with the highest probability of success which isnt rounds 3-7 its 1-2.I hope Fisher is thinking the same thing Sam needs help bad he will never reach his potential with this terrible Wr corp we have lets get serious.Peyton Manning wouldnt be who he is without Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison ect guaranteed,its a mutual success both QB and WR benefit from the other,time to get Sam some talent around him if not we wasted a #1 overall pick on a QB with a bunch of terrible WR's to work with that a lesser QB could of accomplished or lack of actually.

None of us can be certain of any of these prospects. Blackmon looks like a west coast style wideout. Sort of like Crabtree, and look what he has done in the NFL, the 49'ers are still looking for more help, just like us. Why is everyone so enamored by only the highest rated skilled players. Pittsburgh seems to know how to find skill in the middle rounds. Dont be surprised if Fisher drafts differantly than you expect. Also, Hampton out of Southern Illinois is a Iowa transfer with good skills and speed.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by diehard99 View Post
    Player evaluation has been awful in this town for years. From rams management all the way down to the fans. Finally, though, we do have a real head coach now that actually knows how to find and develope talent for himself. My gut tells me all of you guys out there will be sad after we see who Fisher actually drafts. The differance will be that he knows what he is doing, unlike you guys.
    Hmm, that's an interesting approach you're taking. Let me see if I have it straight.

A) Jeff Fisher's approach will be different than the fans.

B) You are a fan.

Therefore......Jeff Fisher's draft will be different than the choices you have laid out.

Furthermore.....as your mock is much different than what most other fans have laid out, and we have already established that Jeff Fisher's draft will be different than your mock, it sounds like the common thought around here may be closer to Fisher's draft than yours.

Tortured logic? Yes, of course......but it certainly seems fitting for this discussion.
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

As HUbison has already pointed out the extreme flaws in your logic, allow me to address the other obvious problem with your retort...

Who the Hell are you?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Fisher will draft playmakers for the def. line not big fat sloppy guys like you CLAN members have wanted the rams to draft over the last five years or so. How many highest ranked or big name receivers has Fisher had on his teams? I remember one draft he actually drafted three def. linemen in that draft how many of you would advocate that? But that kind of draft might actually at least strengthen one part of the team instead of just adding players you think can help us. How about those 6 elite players at the top of the draft, do you really know for sure that all of them will be pro bowlers? Look back at previous years and youll see that if even half of them are productive youll be lucky. Think about Smith, what do you suppose happened with him? I remember hearing Warren Sapp call him a "dancer" and not a good choice for us to have drafted, he turned out to be the only one that was right. Alot of these higher rated players get pushed up draft boards after their final season and apon completion of the combine. Blackmon and Floyd wont be good enough players to draft #6 overall.

My mock isnt that much different with a few mocks that have been submitted only with yours. The same guys I have argued with about the direction of this team as far as player personel for years. Alot of you think you know it all but your coments about youre wants of prospects have been wrong in the past and I expect theyll be wrong again.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Please teach me more about how us fans know absolutely nothing about football or talent evaluation at all, and how every single clanram member has the exact same opinion about every player, and every single one of us is slobbering over Blackmon as a sure fire superstar, and likes giant DTs, and everything else that it is in 100% unison.

Seriously, get over yourself. Did you expect people to fall on their knees and cry out that finally someone has shown them the light? You back up your arguments with stuff that reads "You all are idiots" instead of, oh I don't know, defending your choices. It's like if I advocated taking Tannehill and when questioned about the reasoning behind my pick I respond with insults about the intelligence of others instead of why my pick is the right pick. Maybe you should try actually reading the boards before responding with generalized comments that you apply to every member of the boards, which is completely ridiculous.

Jeff Fisher once drafted three defensive lineman is the reason Cox makes sense? Can you come up with a somewhat more logical reason, such as why Cox is actually a better choice than Blackmon/Claiborne/Richardson. One that doesn't involve claiming everyone is dumb, makes bad draft choices, and is not actually Jeff Fisher.
    FestusRam likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I've always found that the best way to present your mock as a fan is to suggest any other fan who doesn't like/agree with your picks has always been horrible at player evaluation and knows nothing about how things really work. Definitely gets them on your side!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    As HUbison has already pointed out the extreme flaws in your logic, allow me to address the other obvious problem with your retort...

Who the Hell are you?
    Alas, AV, we remain without elucidation.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Think about Smith, what do you suppose happened with him? I remember hearing Warren Sapp call him a "dancer" and not a good choice for us to have drafted, he turned out to be the only one that was right. Alot of these higher rated players get pushed up draft boards after their final season and apon completion of the combine. .
    i was against the Smith pick for a long time before the draft and until we made the pick i called him lady legs. if you know us all aswell as you claim, you`d know that.
    don't recall you making your views clear on him prior to the draft tho.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

double post
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -04-14-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: double post

My mock isnt that much different with a few mocks that have been submitted only with yours. The same guys I have argued with about the direction of this team as far as player personel for years. Alot of you think you know it all but your coments about youre wants of prospects have been wrong in the past and I expect theyll be wrong again.
    Allow me to be clear, then. Your mock is laughable. Nobody is buying your claims of past demonstrations of wisdom.

If your goal was to come here and alienate people, mission accomplished. How proud you must be.