Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Optimistic Lamb Guest

Re: Rams acquire a new safety

I think the Rams FO are dangling OJ out there to show him that he isnt worth the kind of cash he's wanting. And if he did get an offer, I think the Rams would match it. I think they really like him. But buisness wise OJ is being unreasonable. No teams are biting because he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money.

And it goes to show how crazy rams fans are, wanting to pay whatever it takes to get "their guy".

bigtiger737 Guest

Re: Rams acquire a new safety

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    OJ's RFA tender is like 6.7 million dollars, and we put him out there with no tender, meaning if someone offered him a deal and we didn't match it we would have received nothing in return.

What is odd is that he didn't receive any bites. No one went after him, and all of us thought it was crazy that we didn't put a 2nd or 3rd round tender on him.

I think the Rams know something we don't, otherwise we'd have this guy under contract and wouldn't be trading for another safety.

Secondly, we don't trade away draft picks for guys we don't think will make the team. There is a reason behind this, and safety is not a spot where you need a whole lot of depth. Safeties don't shuffle in and out with one another like a RB or WR might.
    I agree completly.. I also seem to remember that he wouldn't be able to do a physical till some time this month.. and that physical could be very important,, I like Otog's.. but hey if he is gonna lose a step and become mondain why pay him almost 7..mil.. I think right now as much as it sucks were all better to just be patieant and see what happens.. June might actually be exciting this year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12