eric2810 is offline Registered User

Rams Add Kreider

Rams Add Kreider
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008

By Nick Wagoner

Senior Writer

With training camp a couple of days away, the Rams made some roster moves to get the appropriate number of players in camp.

At the forefront is the addition of fullback Dan Kreider, who agreed to terms on a contract Tuesday.

Kreider, 31, had been with the Steelers since 2000, working as the lead blocker for one of the league’s most successful rushing attacks. He has paved the way for the likes of Jerome Bettis and Willie Parker in recent years though he has been slowed by a knee injury.

The 5’11, 250 pound Kreider appeared in 10 games in 2007 before suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament which ended his season.

The addition of Kreider to the back field gives the Rams more options for a fullback spot that has been used in variety of ways in recent seasons.

Brian Leonard handled the role last season along with Richard Owens and both are back on the roster this season. But Kreider is more a true blocking fullback and could have a shot at landing a roster spot if he proves healthy.

In an effort to clear some roster space, the Rams released four young players and a veteran. Receiver Eric Fowler, punter Sean Douglas, tight end Dedrick Harrington and cornerback Justin McKinney were waived as well as veteran tackle Rob Petitti.

Petitti suffered a serious knee injury in the offseason, ending his hopes of landing on the roster again in 2008.

As for me, I'm glad on we added him. Yes he can be considered a risk because he's injury prone, but we do get a hardnosed fullback to lead the way for Jax.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Add Kreider

I hope he does a good job. I don't know who will be starter, but I'm glad we have some kind of depth at the position.