Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Rams agree to trade #2 pick according to Jay Glazer

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams agree to trade #2 pick according to Jay Glazer

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Y'know, you always take these "league sources" stories with a grain of salt. But having said that, if Manning really did rule out the Redskins as a destination as has been reported in the last 48 hours, then it would explain why Washington would want to jump on a trade for the second pick now before someone else does later on. They don't want to be caught without a dance partner.

EDIT: Something else to keep in mind when it comes to these future draft picks is how versatile they can be. Sure, the Rams could keep the four combined first round picks over the next two years and draft some good players. But think about the Browns this year - those two first round picks have made them an intriguing trade target in terms of a team that may be willing to move up. If there is a stud prospect at a position of need next year or in 2014, the Rams will have the ammo to make a move if they want to.
    I may just be feeling greedy, but how about a trade down from #6 for someone after TRich? Add a few more selections, moving back to reasonable range to start addressing DL or OL.
    Rambos and Shan the Ram Man like this.

Semper Fi!

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    I may just be feeling greedy, but how about a trade down from #6 for someone after TRich? Add a few more selections, moving back to reasonable range to start addressing DL or OL.
    I'd actually like that idea. Drop down to #17 (Bengals) and grab their #21, and #53, and next years 2nd.

2012: #17, #21, #33, #39, #53, #66, #96, rd6, rd7
    2013: 1,1,2,2,3,4,5,6,7
    2014: 1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7

If Claiborne or Blackmon is available at #6, I'd sit there and take either of them. If neither is there, I'm definitely thinking about dropping back again, but only for a deal that'll get us extra picks this year and possibly 1 next year.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -03-10-2012 at 01:06 AM.

opps. somehow a double post.
    Semper Fi!

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

People shouldn't sleep on the possibility of Richardson going to Tampa Bay. That has major legs so he might not even make it to #6.

Things just got crazy.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    People shouldn't sleep on the possibility of Richardson going to Tampa Bay. That has major legs so he might not even make it to #6.

Things just got crazy.
    That is fine. #6 is still a decent spot for a team looking to jump Miami and grab Tannehill or even Coples.

It's not far until Poe or Cox is a possibility for the Rams and if grabbing more upper end picks is something that can happen, then with a team with as many needs as the Rams, I'd slobber all over myself in moving down some more. I like the OTs, DL and WRs in this draft. And those just happen to be major needs.
    Semper Fi!

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I would like to point out some interesting facts about what lead up to this deal:

We all know that the Rams leading suitors for the #2 overall pick were Cleveland and Washington. If not for a Week 10 victory against the Browns, the Rams would be picking 1st which means they could've netted in excess of three 1st rounders for Andrew Luck. But the Rams also wouldn't be picking second if not for the Redskins losing to the Vikings in Week 16. So, the Browns could've potentially had a chance at Luck had they lost to us, but their win essentially cost them when the Redskins lost to the Vikings, gained a higher draft position, and proceeded to out bid them in a trade to move up. Now I'm left wondering what could have been had we picked 1st, but a great haul nonetheless.

RG3? Forget that. He's now known as RG31sts.
    SWFCRAM likes this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

I got what I wanted!!! A ton of picks!!! Wow!!! I did not think the Rams would get it done before the draft that's impressive, now we can focus on what to do will the picks!

I told you Nick toss the chart baby!!!

It's like I say we all will pay 3 bucks for a cookie at the mall! In this case three ones!!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

EDIT: Something else to keep in mind when it comes to these future draft picks is how versatile they can be. Sure, the Rams could keep the four combined first round picks over the next two years and draft some good players. But think about the Browns this year - those two first round picks have made them an intriguing trade target in terms of a team that may be willing to move up. If there is a stud prospect at a position of need next year or in 2014, the Rams will have the ammo to make a move if they want to.
    Good point Nick, we can also be like the Patriots moving out of the first round and stock piling second and third round picks, from teams that have to have a certain first RD player to fill a need.

general counsel is offline Registered User

The ironic part of the deal (which i love) is that Rams fans have just gone from being the biggest RGIII fans in the world (ie cheering for him to have maximum value) to being fans that should be cheering awfully hard for him to do poorly (as that would greatly enhance the value of the two future first round picks)

Ramming speed to all (and he is to hoping that somehow clairborne or blackmon is there at 6.

general counsel
    viper and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    We just hit the jackpot!!!!!!!

I would gladly be happy with M. Claiborne, J. Blackmon, T. Richardson, whom most likely we will have a shot at. Not to mention any of the stud DT's that are gonna be there. We might even rip off another trade if someone wants one of those players that are left. Because quite frankly I'd be happy happy with some of the mid round projections (Brockers, Upshaw, Hightower,). Shoot!!!!! This is so exciting.

So basically we got an instant starter with who ever we pick up in this years 1st rd., an extra 2nd rounder this year, and quite possibly a top ten pick the next three years. Holly Molly!!!!! I'm totally stoked.
    It's just the next 2 years, not 3.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I want to retract any negative thoughts about this trade I made earlier. Just hearing out loud... "They only had to drop 4 spots to get all of this" really made me go wow.

This truly is a great day in Ram Nation. : )
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

All I can say is

cfh128 and ZiaRam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    It's just the next 2 years, not 3.
    This year has not happen yet so it's three years.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I was out tonight, and came home to see this. I was in total shock and legitimately couldn't even concentrate on reading anything pertaining to it for a half hour. Amazing. Thank you Les & Jeff...and Washington, your fruit basket is on the way courtesy of Tholtfan81!

AHHH LETS GOOOOOOO

Claiborne or Blackmon....Be there at 6, and make this deal even sweeter than it is.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I told you Nick toss the chart baby!!!
    Actually, the point difference of the Rams' pick versus the Redskins' package isn't substantially different on the chart, depending on how you value a 2014 first round pick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast