View Poll Results: What is the Rams biggest need in 2012 NFL Draft?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • WR

18 69.23%
  • DT

4 15.38%
  • OLB

2 7.69%
  • RB

0 0%
  • G

0 0%
  • OT

2 7.69%
  • CB

0 0%
  • QB

0 0%
  • S

0 0%
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By tomahawk247
  • 3 Post By berg8309
  • 2 Post By tomahawk247

Thread: Rams biggest need in 2012 NFL draft?

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Rams biggest need in 2012 NFL draft?

The Rams biggest need in the 2012 NFL Draft?
    1 WR
    2 DT
    3 OLB
    4 OT
    5 G
    6 CB
    7 RB

Re: Rams biggest need in 2012 NFL draft?

I want to be first to reply to poll. The Biggest need is 1st DT, 2nd OLB & 3rd WR.

I know everyone on Clan wants atleast two WR's drafted. I want that too. The Rams drafted two WR's last year. Remember the Rams were crippled with injuries last year. Most WR's that come into the NFL take a couple of years to really learn the position of WR. Not many come into the NFL as a rookie and become a star.

I think the Biggest need is DT. The Rams cut three DT's from roster. Not much on roster as depth or starter qaulity.
    I hope WR Blackmon or RB Richardson is there at six but if not trade down and draft DT Fletcher Cox or DT Brockers.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I don't think there is a BIGGEST need, i think we have a few BIG needs, such as WR, DT, OLB and OG. But we could use players at every position. It's not like the Rams are one WR or one DT away from the Superbowl.
    MauiRam likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

NFL quality players.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    NFL quality players.
    It was asking for it, I know.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Our biggest need is playmakers with speed.... Position really doesnt matter.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Its never a good feeling when you could realistically choose four positions for a poll such as this...

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    NFL quality players.
    Yes NFL quality players at what position of need!

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I don't think there is a BIGGEST need, i think we have a few BIG needs, such as WR, DT, OLB and OG. But we could use players at every position. It's not like the Rams are one WR or one DT away from the Superbowl.
    I disagree the Rams have no starting caliber DT's other than newly signed DT Kendall Langford which played DE in a 3-4 defence. What Rams OLB from last year that can start and play for Rams this year? The O-line, WR and CB positions were decimated with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Its never a good feeling when you could realistically choose four positions for a poll such as this...
    I know but what position is the greatest need in your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    It was asking for it, I know.
    I know, but don't know how to fix thread like you can edit a reply to thread! Thanks for catching that Typo or misquote.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I disagree the Rams have no starting caliber DT's other than newly signed DT Kendall Langford which played DE in a 3-4 defence. What Rams OLB from last year that can start and play for Rams this year? The O-line, WR and CB positions were decimated with injuries.
    So out of two starting DT positions, they have one starting quality player (Kendall Langford).

There is no Rams OLB from last year that will start, but they signed a starter in Jo-Lonn Dunbar.

At CB we have Cortland Finnegan, but we can't rely on anyone else on the roster except for Josh Gordy, as we don't know how Fletcher or Murphy will be after their injuries.

On the OL, we have maybe one Tackle spot filled, with Rodger Saffold, and we don't know how Jason Smith will play. We have one Guard spot filled, with Harvey Dahl. That leaves us with potential holes at G or T.

At WR, we have NO starting quality players. Sure, someone like Greg Salas may line up outside, and Danny Amendola is likely to be on the field on most pass plays. But it's not like we have a Calvin Johnson, or even a Mike Williams.

WR, CB and OL were decimated by injuries, but it's not like we lost top quality starters to these injuries. These guys being healthy doesn't suddenly mean the positions aren't needs.

We also have a massive hole at backup running back that never seems to be filled. There are also questions about TE as Kendricks didn't exactly set the world on fire last year. And we don't currently have any backup QB.

So yeah, we don't have a biggest need at all. We practically need help everywhere
    THOLTFAN81 and SWFCRAM like this.

I agree tomahawk247

The Rams have needs at every position. As I said I agree. The point I'm trying to get people to think about is the WR position isn't the most dire need that the Rams have to use 2 out of the first three picks at WR.

I think the WR position is deepest in this years draft. I think the Rams can pick up several qaulity undrafted freeagents after the draft.

Think best player available that feels a need. I wouldn't just draft four WR's in a row because they were the best player available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I agree tomahawk247

The Rams have needs at every position. As I said I agree. The point I'm trying to get people to think about is the WR position isn't the most dire need that the Rams have to use 2 out of the first three picks at WR.

I think the WR position is deepest in this years draft. I think the Rams can pick up several qaulity undrafted freeagents after the draft.

Think best player available that feels a need. I wouldn't just draft four WR's in a row because they were the best player available.
    I don't think they need to use 2 of the first 3 picks to get a WR, but if we pick Blackmon in the first and somehow someone like Floyd or Hunter are available at the top of round 2, then we should grab them.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Hi, i'm gonna travel against traffic on this one. but biggest need is OLB.

how many times did we see de-line pick up or angle their blockers only to have the linebackers (or inexperienced cb) whiff on the tackle. I think Stewart is coming around at safety and the cb's healthy with Finnegan can support in run d. the remaining weak link is olb and is the difference between a 1-3 yard rushing play and a 4-8 (put the 8 on its side if your really skeptical) yard play. Also, OLB type players are very much needed for special teams. Rams got nothing right now in that dept.

obviously, despite that being the biggest need, you don't use a first rd pick on one when there's gigantic needs at WR, OL, and DT as well. But from a depth stand point, i feel it's the biggest need right now. FA is thin, and while the Rams picked up Dunbar, he's a suspension (and talent) concern and loss of Chamberlain will hurt OLB depth and ST's.

Saw a "report" that talked about how Rams have been in need of OLB since Witherspoon departed. That's hogwash! Ever since Pisa got hobbled by thigh and back problems (advanced onset of aging due to him playing tougher than his body size allowed) Rams have been needing OLB. Chris Draft came up short, but filled in next to Wither as much as he could... there's a reason a 7th rounder like Chamberlain has been gettin good playing time last few years, but the OLB need preexisted his arrival. It's why the Rams picked up him and Vobora in the draft that year in round 7.... praying that one of them could project up and contribute.

It's my hope the Rams pull the tripper on a good lb if one of the top prospects fall to rd 3 or 4

diehard99 is offline Registered User

I agree with the Ram Man. Although I dont say WR is any less of a need just that how we go about getting them. Lets build a wicked defense that can finally stop the run you know its been since 2001 that we actually could stop the run consistently. Strong interior line play both on def. and off. When our big guys beat up on their big guys well win!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Our biggest need from an overall position stand point is without a doubt OLB. From a talent standpoint we have the worst set of OLB...yes we signed Jo Lonn Dunbar but he was a 1 year starter similar to Brady Poppinga who was also a 1 year starter before coming here and playing horrible...

But the question is biggest need in the 2012 draft and that is Offensive playmaker (non-QB)... im not saying its a RB or a WR im saying any non-qb offensive player that can score TDs