Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Can't Ignore Defense on Day 1 of Draft

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    What does it matter....Curry needs his own Dos Equis commercial. I mean he has to be the greatest rookie alive as some of you are making him out to be. There is no other rookie to even consider. Weak O line? Forget it, it's Curry. Weak pass rush? Forget it, its' Curry. Weak running game? Who cares, it's Curry. No QB? So, it's Curry. Most of you aren't even thinking about what a team may or may not need, you've watched him maybe once in your life, and are rallying around all these "experts" who say he's the best. No one knows anything yet. I hope the Rams don't even consider him at draft time, it's a waste to draft a LB that high. OT is becoming the most important position on the O line and seeing how our O line has more holes than any economic package that would come out of any congress and to have the chance to take one of the best two in the draft is a blessing.
    Why does Vernon Gholston come to mind when I read this post?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I mean he has to be the greatest rookie alive as some of you are making him out to be. There is no other rookie to even consider. Weak O line? Forget it, it's Curry. Weak pass rush? Forget it, its' Curry. Weak running game? Who cares, it's Curry. No QB? So, it's Curry.
    Well tx, until the day comes that a rookie enters the draft with the ability to play several positions at once, EVERY selection will be made to the detriment of other positions.

Weak O line? Forget it, it's Orakpo. Weak running game? Who cares, it's Monroe. Weak pass rush? Forget it, it's Stafford. No QB? So, it's Smith.

They have to pick somebody, tx. And that somebody will play, at the most, ONE position at a time.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

What does anyone think of Antonio Appleby ILB, Virginia in the 3-5 rounds?

Go Rams!

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru2012 View Post
    Why not wait till after the draft when the second wave of FA picks up and sign a Vet to a 1 or 2 year deal, and get a 1st rounder next year. Is that a viable option? I'm not totally ignoring our need I know it's a big hole and one of the most important positions, I'm just not that impressed with this years OT's. Especially Jason " Bird legs" Smith. If Andre Smith wasn't such a loof I'd be all up on the OT bandwagon. If we do get a OT i hope it's Monroe from what I've seen on film he's the best all around. ( besides A. Smith)
    Hmmm, sounds risky Nibiru. 2 reasons:

1) We don't know which OT's are going to be available after the draft, if any. Will there even be a vet OT of starting caliber available who's willing to sign with the Rams? dunno.
    2) Rams have very little cap cash to use. Starting OT's do not come cheap and there's no guarantee that if a startable vet became available in the "second wave of FA" that the Rams would even have the checkbook to make it happen. There's more than a few other teams that need OT and have more cash to throw around than the Rams.

I don't research prospects very deeply, but like you, i'm also not overly impressed with the crop of OT talent this year, but i do think its viable at the top... that's why i think its a problem going D with both first picks. I think the talent drops off and there won't be a startable OT by the time the Rams pick in the 3rd. I'm usually in favor of BPA picks, with BPA picks that fill a Need getting an advantage...

having a stud mlb and DT sounds like a dream for the Rams rebuild, but it just feels like the Rams have painted themself into a corner. Hopefully, Bell makes the transition to RT with no problems and the Rams are free to go D on both picks. I'd be cool with that. It just worries me when a team experiments with moving a player like that. But if Bell can really succeed there, then i'm fine if the Rams go D with the first day picks. I just don't think anyone will know if he'll be successful there, until long after the draft is over.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

This is my opinion on how we should approach the draft:

Round 1: Monroe or Smith
    Notes: Should solidify the o-line with this pick.

Round 2: Brace, (Lauranaitis)
    Notes: We need a big guy, and Brace is it. If Lauranaitis is here, we take Mr. Ohio State instead.

Round 3: Robiskie, Barden, Murphy, Iglesias
    Notes: We need another offensive weapon for Bulger, and these receivers should add much needed talent to our receiving corps. Whoever is the best receiver left here, we take him.

Round 4: Mckillop, [Jason] Phillips, Holtzclaw, Appleby, Sammie Lee Hill
    Notes: If we took Brace in round 2, we take the best middle linebacker available. If Lauranaitis is our guy in round 2, we go with Hill.

Round 5: BPA

Round 6: BPA

Round 7: BPA

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

RD 1: Monroe or Smith OT
    RD 2: Hood DT , Brace NT or Ayers DE
    RD 3: Robiski WR , Brinkley MLB or Gilbert (DT) San Jose St to play DE (BPA)
    RD 4: Mauluga MLB , Mckillop MLB or Barden WR
    RD 5: Hill NT or Branstater QB
    RD 6: A. Boone OT or A. Kelly WR
    RD 7: Pitman DE or Moore RB

Always (BPA)

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

RD 4: Mauluga MLB
    Is this Rey Mauluaga you're referring to or someone else? Cause I would doubt Rey M. falls this far.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'd be tempted to take BJ Raji in Round 1 also.

thoey is offline Registered User

I agree with Hub's post of BPA's across the board. But I would not escalate a certain position over another due to the drop off of that same first position in later rounds. Best player available every time. (Yes, this should be limited only to positions of need. We don't need 6 BPA TE's now that Losehan is gone.)

As I mentioned earlier, one draft is not going to fix the Rams. Multiple drafts of BPA's will make this team young and solid for a long time.
    This space for rent...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123