Buccaneers is offline Registered User

Rams Currently have the #2 Pick

From TBBB (The Buccaneer Bulletin Board)

"After Monday, the current opposing team records will be:

STL: 94-75
    TBB: 93-76

That puts us slightly in the lead, but here is the remaining schedules

STL: HOU (6-7), ARI (8/9-4/5), SF (5/6-7/8) (20-19)
    TBB: SEA (5-8), NO (13-0), ATL, (6-7) (24-15)

Assuming we both lose out, we will both lose to two more division rivals, adding 4 more wins to our schedule, but that will cancel out. The good news is that losing to SEA puts 2 wins on their strength of schedule but only one on ours, since SEA is their division-mate."

The Buccaneers have a worse strength of schedule, which gives them the #1 overall pick, while the Rams have the #2 pick. That means that right now we're in the lead to get Suh, but it doesn't look like you guys are far behind.

shroomysoup is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Currently have the #2 Pick

So basically if Seattle beats the Bucs, the Bucs get the #1 pick? (assuming both teams lose out)

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneers View Post
    The Buccaneers have a worse strength of schedule, which gives them the #1 overall pick, while the Rams have the #2 pick. That means that right now we're in the lead to get Suh, but it doesn't look like you guys are far behind.
    Not sure who did your calculations, but it's not accurate. You have to factor in all 16 games when measuring strength of schedule. By the end of tonight, the Rams opponents will be 3 wins behind the Bucs. The strength of schedule will be:

Rams - 0.5481
    Bucs - 0.5625

...and the Rams will still be the current #1 selection holder.

And now I feel just a little worse that this season's victorious moments have to come from winning a "strength of schedule" calculation battle.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

From TBBB (The Buccaneer Bulletin Board)

"After Monday, the current opposing team records will be:

STL: 94-75
    TBB: 93-76

That puts us slightly in the lead, but here is the remaining schedules

STL: HOU (6-7), ARI (8/9-4/5), SF (5/6-7/8) (20-19)
    TBB: SEA (5-8), NO (13-0), ATL, (6-7) (24-15)

Assuming we both lose out, we will both lose to two more division rivals, adding 4 more wins to our schedule, but that will cancel out. The good news is that losing to SEA puts 2 wins on their strength of schedule but only one on ours, since SEA is their division-mate."

Did you forget we played the Saints earlier this season? Your loss to them would help us as well.

max
    max is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Not sure who did your calculations, but it's not accurate. You have to factor in all 16 games when measuring strength of schedule. By the end of tonight, the Rams opponents will be 3 wins behind the Bucs. The strength of schedule will be:

Rams - 0.5481
    Bucs - 0.5625

...and the Rams will still be the current #1 selection holder.

And now I feel just a little worse that this season's victorious moments have to come from winning a "strength of schedule" calculation battle.
    I got the Rams 3 game up on the Bucs as well. I think if you play a team twice then you count their wins twice. For example, the Bucs play the Saints twice, and if the Saints go 16-0, that's 32 wins that count against the Bucs SOS.

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    I got the Rams 3 game up on the Bucs as well. I think if you play a team twice then you count their wins twice. For example, the Bucs play the Saints twice, and if the Saints go 16-0, that's 32 wins that count against the Bucs SOS.
    That is correct.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RockinRam is offline Registered User

We get Suh! We get Suh!

ludairv is offline Registered User

no question if Bucs get suh... they should get the next best talent ...and thats Eric berry!!!!

Buccaneers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Agreed. Best of luck to both of our teams next year, but at the moment I guess I'll be rooting for the Rams and you'll be rooting for the Buccaneers.

Agreed. Best of luck to both of our teams next year, but at the moment I guess I'll be rooting for the Rams and you'll be rooting for the Buccaneers.
    I even have a Testaverde throwback jersey on order.

My gosh, how far we've both fallen since that NFC Championship battle a decade ago.