Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Day 1 Mock Draft 12/28

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    i would not be shocked if linehan goes after demarcus russell QB of LSU...he'll need to sit and learn for 2 or 3 seasons but he is reminiscent of daunte culpepper with a better arm...

bulger is a player but he is one hit from going down for the count and we really don't have anyone to pick up the torch except fitzpatrick...ferotte is not getting any younger either...
    I'd be very suprised. Linehan showed last year that he's more for improving needs instead of drafting wants.

Last year he could have drafted Cutler, but traded down and got a stud in Tye Hill!

RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jsramer View Post
    Maybe, I personally don't like the idea of trying to make Spoon a SLB, when he is a natural WSLB. Don't get me wrong I think Willis is a top notch player just not sure how we make him work with our current people. Maybe Willis has potential as a SLB?
    Willis definitely has potential as a strong side linebacker, but it'd be wise to try him out in the middle first with Spoon moving outside to the SAM position. I think it would be easier for WW from a coverage standpoint to be outside, especially if we're going to ask him to cover tight ends which we have quite a bit this season.

i would not be shocked if linehan goes after demarcus russell QB of LSU...he'll need to sit and learn for 2 or 3 seasons but he is reminiscent of daunte culpepper with a better arm...

bulger is a player but he is one hit from going down for the count and we really don't have anyone to pick up the torch except fitzpatrick...ferotte is not getting any younger either...
    JaMarcus Russell is an interesting prospect, and there have been some talks of him going high in this draft on potential. Simply put though, I'm just not convinced Linehan is in a position to really consider a first round quarterback at this point, especially after the season Bulger has had and the statements he's made. Barring a total contract impasse with Marc, I would be surprised to say the least to see the Rams draft a QB in round one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    I have a question for you nick. Why did you say that we should pursue a DE in the second. I understand the need for a DE but do you think that it would be worth a second pick when we could pick a DT/NT instead. In my mind I think it might be better if we went with

Patrick Willis
    DT/NT
    DE
    Where did I say we should pursue a DE in the second? I don't recall saying that but maybe I did and just don't remember. I'm certainly not locked into a "We have to draft this position in the first, this in the second, this in the third" strategy, because I think we have a number of needs that could be addressed in a number of different ways. I don't think it's very constructive to limit what position you pursue in each round to one target. That said, in the Rams offseason/mock I'm working on I have us going DT in the second round.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    I'd be very suprised. Linehan showed last year that he's more for improving needs instead of drafting wants.

Last year he could have drafted Cutler, but traded down and got a stud in Tye Hill!
    very good point, but i'm incline to speculate that linehan was appeasing haslett for coming aboard the team...haslett was very high on tye hill before the draft...

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

JaMarcus Russell is an interesting prospect, and there have been some talks of him going high in this draft on potential. Simply put though, I'm just not convinced Linehan is in a position to really consider a first round quarterback at this point, especially after the season Bulger has had and the statements he's made. Barring a total contract impasse with Marc, I would be surprised to say the least to see the Rams draft a QB in round one.

if bulger wasn't such a fragile player i wouldn't think of this scenario as plausible...but you make a compelling point about bulger's standing on the team and i can't forsee the FA haggling with bulger and his agent...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

if bulger wasn't such a fragile player i wouldn't think of this scenario as plausible...but you make a compelling point about bulger's standing on the team and i can't forsee the FA haggling with bulger and his agent...
    Bulger missed games last year, but he put it up 588 times and got himself put down 49 times this year......and did miss a snap. I don't know that we can hang the fragile tag on Bulger at this point.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123