Thread: Rams Draft

Country is offline Registered User

Rams Draft

Rams Draft

Trade 1[13] and 3[77] to Miami for 1[9].

1[9] DT Alan Branch* [Michigan]
    The Rams need an impact player at DT. The Rams also need a player that can play the nose tackle spot. Branch is the best combination of these two roles. At 6’6” and 330lbs. Branch has the ability to stop the run that the Rams did not have last year. Branch has gained a reputation as lazy in the last few weeks, but he produces and has rare athleticism.

2[52] DE Tim Crowder [Texas]
    The Rams need a boost in their pass rush, which was a one man show with Leonard Little last year. Crowder is a high character and energy player that brings his best on every play. He has the physical abilities to go with this work ethic and could jump right into the rotation.

4. LB Antwan Barnes [Florida International]
    Barnes played DE and OLB in college so he may need time to learn to stand up on every play. Barnes has the size at 6’1” 240lbs. and the speed 4.4 in the forty that the Rams are desperate for at OLB.

5. OG Kasey Studdard [Texas]
    Studdard is a high energy very physical OG/C. He can come and provide solid depth at every inside position.

6. S Kevin Payne [Louisiana Monroe]
    Payne is very raw, as was seen at the Senior Bowl, but he has great size and the ability to lay a big hit. While he may only play special teams in year one he could develop into a run stuffing safety with time.

7. DT Stanley Doughty [South Carolina]
    Doughty looks like your prototype NT at 6’1” 320lbs. and he wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for concerns about his work ethic and his conditioning. If Doughty can come in and spell Branch or Kennedy he will have more than warranted this pick.

7. OT Andrew Carnahan [ASU]
    Carnahan is a tall prospect at 6’7” that must add weight before being effective in the NFL. He is a project at both LT and RT.

7. WR Paul Thompson [OU]
    A QB last year Thompson could be an interesting player as a slot WR and an emergency or trick play QB.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Draft

I like it! I would only make two changes-at WR pick Yamon Figurs so that we can use him on ST. And I like the pick of OG Kasey Studdard but in the last two rounds not in the 5th round. But if the draft turned out like this I would be happy!

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Is Branch worth trading up for?

I'm not sure he is............

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Is Branch worth trading up for?

I'm not sure he is............
    In my opinion no.

The only two players worth trading up for are Gaines Adams (DE from Clemson) and obviously Amobi Okoye (DT from Louisville)

Other than trading up, nice mock.
    RamsFan16