Rams Draft 2007-03-16

1[13] DT Amobi Okoye [Louisville]

2[52] LB Justin Durant [Hampton]

3[77] DE Baraka Atkins [Miami]

4. S Josh Gattis [Wake Forest]

5. OT Mike Otto [Purdue]

6. DT Leron Harris [NW Oklahoma St.]

7. WR Yamon Figurs [Kansas State]

Assuming that DT Amobi Okoye and DT Alan Branch have been selected by the 13th pick in the draft.

Trade: St. Louis sends 1[13] to the NYJ for 1[25], 2[57] and 5[08].

1[25] NT Tank Tyler [NC State]

2[52] DE Tim Crowder [Texas]

2[57] LB Justin Durant [Hampton]

3[77] OG/C Samson Satele [Hawaii]

4. RB Chris Henry [Arizona]

5. CB/S C.J Gaddis [Clemson]

6. DT LeRon Harris [NW Oklahoma St.]

7. WR/KR Ryne Robinson [Miami Ohio]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Draft 3/16/2007

Regarding each scenario...

Scenario A: Okoye in round one is good. I don't understand the Durant pick. I'm not convinced he's great value in the mid to later second and I don't think he's a SAM linebacker at the next level, so what's the reasoning behind that pick? Atkins probably worked himself into the first day at the combine so that's fine. Gattis in the fourth is good value; I'm tempted to think he may not be there but we'll see. In the fifth, Otto is fine, but I'll be honest, I'm not familiar with Leron Harris so I'll have to look into him. Was he formerly of Tennessee? Figurs will probably not be hanging around in the seventh round after running a 4.30 forty at the combine.

Scenario Two: I don't think you'll need analysis on what I think of trading down for Tank Tyler, but regarding the trade itself, I don't think it makes much sense. First of all, who are the Jets trading three picks to move up and get? Second of all, to my knowledge, the Jets don't own the picks you have us trading to us in the second and fifth rounds. According to Great Blue North's seven round selection order, the Jets have 2[63] in the second round and 5[155] in the fifth. When you look at the picks the Jets do have, trading a first, second, and fifth for the 13th pick is a big loss in value for us (like a third rounder), so I have to question that. As for the picks themselves, Crowder is good in the second but I still have the same questions about Durant. Not sure Satele is a great fit for our blocking scheme. I doubt Henry is there in the fourth given the attention he's drawn from a strong combine. Robinson in the seventh is good, lots of return experience.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Its not a mock draft from Country without a proposed trade.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Its not a mock draft from Country without a proposed trade.
    Established tradition, anyone?

Dominator is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Scenario Two: I don't think you'll need analysis on what I think of trading down for Tank Tyler, but regarding the trade itself, I don't think it makes much sense. First of all, who are the Jets trading three picks to move up and get? Second of all, to my knowledge, the Jets don't own the picks you have us trading to us in the second and fifth rounds. According to Great Blue North's seven round selection order, the Jets have 2[63] in the second round and 5[155] in the fifth. When you look at the picks the Jets do have, trading a first, second, and fifth for the 13th pick is a big loss in value for us (like a third rounder), so I have to question that. As for the picks themselves, Crowder is good in the second but I still have the same questions about Durant. Not sure Satele is a great fit for our blocking scheme. I doubt Henry is there in the fourth given the attention he's drawn from a strong combine. Robinson in the seventh is good, lots of return experience.
    Jets swapped the early #2 ('Skins pick) for the Bears #2 and Thomas Jones. As a Jets guy, I can tell you there is no way the Jets will want to give up picks to move up. They are looking to stockpile players and are more likely to move down than up. Besides, the Jets are looking for mostly the same positions as the Rams-big run stopping DT (Branch, Okoye), big run stopping DE (Carriker), pass rusher and maybe an LB. If there is nobody the Rams want there isn't anybody the Jets want. Only real difference in the players sought is the scheme-Cover 2 v. 3-4. That means the Jets will generally be looking for bigger players along the front 7 and may not be able to live with a(nother) 310 lb at NT like Okoye or tall NT like Branch. Still, the guys they are talking about are the same.