Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    10

    Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    Free Agents

    DE DeWayne White [Tampa Bay]
    DT Terdell Sands [Oakland]
    LB Napolean Harris [Minnesota]
    C Hank Fraley [Cleveland]

    Trades

    -St. Louis trades 1[13] to the NYJ for 1[25] , 2[38] and 4[138]. The jet select RB Marshawn Lynch.

    -St. Louis trades 4[110] and a conditional pick in 2008 to Oakland for WR Jerry Porter. Jerry Porter gets to rejoin his college QB and go deep.

    Draft

    1[25] S Michael Griffen [Texas]
    The only people in the world that think that O.J Atogwe and Cory Chavous are a solid group of starting safeties is O.J and Cory. Griffen brings a level of playmaking ability that is lacking from the safety spot.

    2[38] DE Anthony Spencer [Purdue]
    Spencer is a pass rushing defensive end that showcased his sack generating ability at the Senior Bowl. Spencer will come in an provide depth and a pass rush before moving in to replace Little.

    2[51] DT Brandon Mebane [Cal]
    Mebande might not have excellent size at 61 and 305lbs. but he has the strength and stoutness to help in the DL rotation.

    3[77] LB Desmond Bishop [Cal
    Bishop has the size at 62 250lbs. that the Rams need at the SLB position. He also specializes in playing the run a weakness for the Rams defense.

    4. WR Paul Williams [Fresno St.]
    The Rams need depth and youth at WR and after trading for Porter it is no longer a huge need. Williams can be developed into a solid possession WR.

    5. RB Selvin Young [Texas]
    Young brings speed and kick return ability to a backfield of bruising running backs.

    5. OT Daniel Inman [Georgia]
    Inman provides blue collar depth at the tackle position and may develop into a future RT when Barron moves to the left side.

    6. LB Oscar Lua [USC]
    Lua is another hard nosed tackling machine LB that at the absolute least will come in and play special teams.

    7. QB Isiah Stanbach [Washington]
    A project pick with lost of athletic ability


  2. #2
    chipperjones's Avatar
    chipperjones is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    It's really not that bad, but thats a lot of trades and I don't know if Porter would be good or bad for this team. I like the Griffin, Spencer, and Lua picks.

  3. #3
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,919
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Free Agents


    6. LB Oscar Lua [USC]
    Lua is another hard nosed tackling machine LB that at the absolute least will come in and play special teams.
    Love to get Lua ... doubt we will though ...

  4. #4
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,890
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    oscar lua in a rams uni would be sick..

  5. #5
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,272
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Free Agents

    DE DeWayne White [Tampa Bay]
    DT Terdell Sands [Oakland]
    LB Napolean Harris [Minnesota]
    C Hank Fraley [Cleveland]

    Trades

    -St. Louis trades 1[13] to the NYJ for 1[25] , 2[38] and 4[138]. The jet select RB Marshawn Lynch.

    -St. Louis trades 4[110] and a conditional pick in 2008 to Oakland for WR Jerry Porter. Jerry Porter gets to rejoin his college QB and go deep.

    Draft

    1[25] S Michael Griffen [Texas]
    The only people in the world that think that O.J Atogwe and Cory Chavous are a solid group of starting safeties is O.J and Cory. Griffen brings a level of playmaking ability that is lacking from the safety spot.

    2[38] DE Anthony Spencer [Purdue]
    Spencer is a pass rushing defensive end that showcased his sack generating ability at the Senior Bowl. Spencer will come in an provide depth and a pass rush before moving in to replace Little.

    2[51] DT Brandon Mebane [Cal]
    Mebande might not have excellent size at 61 and 305lbs. but he has the strength and stoutness to help in the DL rotation.

    3[77] LB Desmond Bishop [Cal
    Bishop has the size at 62 250lbs. that the Rams need at the SLB position. He also specializes in playing the run a weakness for the Rams defense.

    4. WR Paul Williams [Fresno St.]
    The Rams need depth and youth at WR and after trading for Porter it is no longer a huge need. Williams can be developed into a solid possession WR.

    5. RB Selvin Young [Texas]
    Young brings speed and kick return ability to a backfield of bruising running backs.

    5. OT Daniel Inman [Georgia]
    Inman provides blue collar depth at the tackle position and may develop into a future RT when Barron moves to the left side.

    6. LB Oscar Lua [USC]
    Lua is another hard nosed tackling machine LB that at the absolute least will come in and play special teams.

    7. QB Isiah Stanbach [Washington]
    A project pick with lost of athletic ability
    I like it. Don't know that much about the college athletes but your descriptions help alot.

  6. #6
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    Not sure about Porter. Poor attitude seems to be contagious for WR and not sure we need it on the Rams team.

    Moving down in round 1 only works when you know your guy is going to be there later in the round. At this point I do not think anyone is locked up in the 1st round.

    Like your picks.

    Go Rams

  7. #7
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,665
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    Some random thoughts...

    -Free agency seems realistic if not a bit conservative. I don't think the trades make much sense. The Jets won't give up three picks including a first and a second to move up for a RB. They could simply sign Michael Turner to an offer sheet and give up at most a first and third.

    -As for Porter, I don't see us adding him based on his attitude, and because he played two-ways in college and spent significant time on defense, I don't think the college connection with Bulger is promising or productive enough to make it worth going after him.

    -As for the draft, Griffin in the bottom of the first, Spencer at the top of the second, and Mebane in the mid to late second all strike me as fairly accurate in terms of value and obviously I like seeing us go defense with those picks.

    -I don't think though that Desmond Bishop is (1) a third round prospect or (2) a SAM LB prospect. I think he's a second day two-down middle linebacker at best. Outside of his size, I'm not sure what he possesses that would make him a fit at SAM.

    -Paul Williams in the fourth is okay. I'm not hot on Williams as a prospect but I'd feel better spending a second day pick on him than I would a first. After the combine though I doubt he escapes the third round.

    -Young in the fifth is okay; he can probably be had later. He doesn't bring much speed to the position though. Young is more of a north south power runner than he is a speedy running back. Maybe you were thinking of someone else?

    -Not a fan of Inman in the fifth round. He may not even be drafted. Lua in the sixth is okay, but I'm not sure he has much upside for the next level because of his limited physical skills. As for Stanback, you and RF16 seem to like him and if he's there in the seventh you take a chance on him. His Lisfranc injury worries me.

  8. #8
    Country's Avatar
    Country is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    673
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    We can trade down with someone else other than the Jets or just for the 1 and 2.

    No to Jerry Porter and we can signa cut or a FA.

    Scrap Bishop for Anthony Waters from Clemson.

  9. #9
    snowbozo21's Avatar
    snowbozo21 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    we can get good lineman in the late rounds. See Romberg(undrafted) and Setterstrom(6 round or 7th cant remember.

  10. #10
    MASSIVE's Avatar
    MASSIVE is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    9

    Thumbs up Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Free Agents

    DE DeWayne White [Tampa Bay]
    DT Terdell Sands [Oakland]
    LB Napolean Harris [Minnesota]
    C Hank Fraley [Cleveland]

    Trades

    -St. Louis trades 1[13] to the NYJ for 1[25] , 2[38] and 4[138]. The jet select RB Marshawn Lynch.

    -St. Louis trades 4[110] and a conditional pick in 2008 to Oakland for WR Jerry Porter. Jerry Porter gets to rejoin his college QB and go deep.

    Draft

    1[25] S Michael Griffen [Texas]
    The only people in the world that think that O.J Atogwe and Cory Chavous are a solid group of starting safeties is O.J and Cory. Griffen brings a level of playmaking ability that is lacking from the safety spot.

    2[38] DE Anthony Spencer [Purdue]
    Spencer is a pass rushing defensive end that showcased his sack generating ability at the Senior Bowl. Spencer will come in an provide depth and a pass rush before moving in to replace Little.

    2[51] DT Brandon Mebane [Cal]
    Mebande might not have excellent size at 61 and 305lbs. but he has the strength and stoutness to help in the DL rotation.

    3[77] LB Desmond Bishop [Cal
    Bishop has the size at 62 250lbs. that the Rams need at the SLB position. He also specializes in playing the run a weakness for the Rams defense.

    4. WR Paul Williams [Fresno St.]
    The Rams need depth and youth at WR and after trading for Porter it is no longer a huge need. Williams can be developed into a solid possession WR.

    5. RB Selvin Young [Texas]
    Young brings speed and kick return ability to a backfield of bruising running backs.

    5. OT Daniel Inman [Georgia]
    Inman provides blue collar depth at the tackle position and may develop into a future RT when Barron moves to the left side.

    6. LB Oscar Lua [USC]
    Lua is another hard nosed tackling machine LB that at the absolute least will come in and play special teams.

    7. QB Isiah Stanbach [Washington]
    A project pick with lost of athletic ability
    Sands is gone, resigned with Oakland. As for the mock draft I don't like any of the players you see us drafting. A safety? Can't we pick somebody up as a FA? We need help at DT,DE,and depth at LB, WR, RB, and O-line not players who would start but players who can contribute on special teams.

  11. #11
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    32
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Draft

    1[25] S Michael Griffen [Texas]
    The only people in the world that think that O.J Atogwe and Cory Chavous are a solid group of starting safeties is O.J and Cory. Griffen brings a level of playmaking ability that is lacking from the safety spot.
    Being alittle hard on Chavious aren't you? I think he is one of the more solid players we have on the defesive side of the ball and he is a team leader. I agree with you on Atogwe though. Steve Smith dominated him against this year.
    :l

  12. #12
    MASSIVE's Avatar
    MASSIVE is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    I agree with you on Atogwe though. Steve Smith dominated him against this year.
    :l
    Steve Smith dominates everybody, where are you going to find a Safety that can cover one of the best receivers in football?

  13. #13
    Dominator's Avatar
    Dominator is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    the old country
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Rams Draft [Please Comment]

    There is no way the Jets would make that deal. First of all they don't have a fourth, it went to the Niners for Barlow. The draft value chart has the 13th pick valued at 1,150. The 25 = 720 + 38 = 520 for a total of 1,240. That might have worked with Bradway, but not Tannenbaum/Mangini. Obviously the Jets wouldn't be throwing a 4th in, and the Rams would have to provide the equivalent of a high 4th to even it up. Besides, Mangini seems to love picks and while the Jets like to trade on draft day, it's more likely to get more picks than move up.

    As you know, Sands is now gone, locked up by the Raiders.

    Don't mind picking a S. You may be a little hard on Chavous and Atogwe, but S is real important with the Cover 2. I don't like the Cover 2, but it is what it is. I like the Selvin Young pick. We'll have to see his value after the combine, but the Rams need return help and another back is nice to hopefully spell Jackson in the event that Davis isn't resigned.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •