Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    BernieM's Avatar
    BernieM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    49
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    16

    The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    NOTE: I will be in Switzerland for the next five weeks at a fat far--er health spa, so I thought I'd provide you with my thoughts on the Rams' draft now.

    The Rams Drafted the Wrong Player

    In the latest of a long line of overly conservative moves that have resulted in six wins over three years, the Rams selected FILL IN NAME OF DRAFTEE in Round 1 of this year's NFL Draft.

    Rather than taking OTHER GUY, the Rams selected DRAFTEE because they saw him as the safest pick. It seems that Spagnuolo and Devaney just don't have the courage to take the guy the team really needed to turn this franchise around.

    Truth is, if the Rams were going to use such an approach, they should have at least moved down from the top pick. They easily could have traded with HYPOTHETICAL TRADE PARTNER to acquire additional choices to fill the roster with more talent, albeit bland, players.

    You have to wonder what Spagnuolo and Devaney were thinking. Drafting OTHER GUY clearly would have sent a message that they are willing to take A TRUE LEADER/or/THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE, despite what others might suggest. New ownership will tolerate this approach for a short time, but in the end, it will come back to bite them.

    Its going to be another long season, folks.


  2. #2
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    But Bernie clearly drafting [insert name] will allow us to have a building block so that we can draft [insert name] next year. While [insert name] might not be the flashy pick, he is a smarter pick then [insert name].

  3. #3
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,153
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    But Bernie clearly drafting [insert name] will allow us to have a building block so that we can draft [insert name] next year. While [insert name] might not be the flashy pick, he is a smarter pick then [insert name].
    What he said!

  4. #4
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    Sadly, we will actually see these articles regardless xD

  5. #5
    thickandthin's Avatar
    thickandthin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    Quote Originally Posted by BernieM View Post
    NOTE: I will be in Switzerland for the next five weeks at a fat far--er health spa, so I thought I'd provide you with my thoughts on the Rams' draft now.

    The Rams Drafted the Wrong Player

    In the latest of a long line of overly conservative moves that have resulted in six wins over three years, the Rams selected FILL IN NAME OF DRAFTEE in Round 1 of this year's NFL Draft.

    Rather than taking OTHER GUY, the Rams selected DRAFTEE because they saw him as the safest pick. It seems that Spagnuolo and Devaney just don't have the courage to take the guy the team really needed to turn this franchise around.

    Truth is, if the Rams were going to use such an approach, they should have at least moved down from the top pick. They easily could have traded with HYPOTHETICAL TRADE PARTNER to acquire additional choices to fill the roster with more talent, albeit bland, players.

    You have to wonder what Spagnuolo and Devaney were thinking. Drafting OTHER GUY clearly would have sent a message that they are willing to take A TRUE LEADER/or/THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE, despite what others might suggest. New ownership will tolerate this approach for a short time, but in the end, it will come back to bite them.

    Its going to be another long season, folks.
    or are we just getting decent players with potential to be great?

  6. #6
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,876
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    or are we just getting decent players with potential to be great?
    Yeah Bernie, did you think about THAT?!?!?


  7. #7
    #39 Fan's Avatar
    #39 Fan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, formerly ATX
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    Good stuff

  8. #8
    npow81's Avatar
    npow81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    Bernie writing a hyperbole of cynicism and sarcasm...weird

  9. #9
    San Diego Ram's Avatar
    San Diego Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Daygo CA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: The Rams Drafted The Wrong Player

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    But Bernie clearly drafting [insert name] will allow us to have a building block so that we can draft [insert name] next year. While [insert name] might not be the flashy pick, he is a smarter pick then [insert name].
    i am surprised i was able to follow that

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamsSB99 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-17-2009, 09:09 PM
  2. Rams Playoff History
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: -02-09-2009, 10:14 AM
  3. Jim Thomas Live, Nov 20th--Lots of good stuff
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-21-2007, 03:18 PM
  4. Jim Thomas Live, November 6, 2007
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  5. Salary Cap Request
    By HUbison in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -12-31-2004, 02:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •