throwback week

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By AvengerRam
  • 4 Post By HUbison
  • 1 Post By Ram187

Thread: Rams' FA Targets, Draft Should Be Offensive

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Rams' FA Targets, Draft Should Be Offensive

While there are clear needs (S, OLB) on defense, I think this year's offseason plans MUST focus on the offense.

Right now, the defense is good enough to get the Rams to the playoffs, and should continue to improve from within as guys like Brockers, Jenkins and Quinn develop further. Add a FS and SLB to the mix, and the D could be elite.

The offense, on the other hand, needs more talent. We need OL who win battles, rather than merely holding ground. We need receivers who separate and draw double-teams. We need to address the future of the RB position.

I remain hopeful that guys like Pead and Quick will develop and make an impact. But, with all of the personnel capital the Rams possess, the Rams should stock up on offensive talent. After all, have you ever heard a HC complain that the OL is too deep or that the team has too many playmakers?
    mde8352gorams and ManofGod like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams' FA Targets, Draft Should Be Offensive

OL and WR are both heavy needs, no doubt about it. And if our 1st round picks are some combination of OT, OG, WR, I'll be happy as a windmill in a tornado. But I have to admit, I would not be hurt at all if they went out and got the best available FS. I'm to the point now that I'd rather see Harvey Dahl in centerfield than Craig Dahl.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

chiguy is offline Registered User

There are a lot of good players in FA on the offensive line. The supply should reduce the price a bit, potentially making the Rams players there. Given how long the line has been mediocre, I'd prefer that we try to get some help for them in FA market. It won't happen, but I'd *love* to see J. Long come to the Rams. Maybe someone like Andy Levitre would be possible though.

Ram187 is offline Registered User

Championships are built on defense. I think we need an outside linebacker. And maybe a tweek here and there. We also need receivers. I like Gibson and Givens but they are not our answer. And will Danny stay healthy for a full season?
    ManofGod likes this.