Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BernieM is offline Registered User

The Rams first choice is obvious if you use logic.

When it comes down to it, there's only one logical way to decide what position should be filled with the first pick in the draft: process of elimination. Unfortunately, the Rams Front Office is too busy worrying about old photos on the wall and ridding the staff of anyone with a connection to the past to focus on the draft. Not to worry. I, the great Bernie, have figured it out.

So... here we go:

Quarterback: The Rams won't take a QB because Billy Devaney is still gun shy from having participated in the decision to draft Ryan Leaf.

Running Back: Nope. Steven Jackson is signed long term.

Fullback: No. Just signed a FA FB last year in Karney.

Wide Receiver: The Rams really need two premiere WRs, and they can only select one with the first pick. It makes no sense to use the first pick in the draft to fill only half a need, so they won't take a WR.

Tight End: Taking a TE would represent an admission that Scott Linehan was right to stockpile TEs. The new coaching staff won't give Linehan that satisfaction.

Offensive Tackle: Just took one at No. 2 last year.

Guard/Center: The Rams have signed two big name FA interior lineman recently, so they won't draft one early.

Defensive End: Just used a high draft choice on Chris Long, so... no.

Defensive Tackle: The Front Office won't take another DT after missing on Lewis, Kennedy, Pickett and Carriker.

Linebacker: If the Rams thought linebackers were important, they wouldn't have traded Witherspoon and started a "Mr. Irrelevant." No way they take one this high.

Cornerback: The Rams' CBs keep getting injured. It would be a waste to use the first pick on a guy who'll just get injured.

Safety: The Rams are set there.

K/P: The Rams are set there.

Kick Returner: Danny Amendola is a cheap and effective option there.

So...

Clearly there is only one answer.

The Rams must forfeit the pick. They clearly cannot spend the pick on any position. Besides, think of the money they'll save by not using the first pick in the draft.

The great Bernie has spoken.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: The Rams first choice is obvious if you use logic.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieM View Post

Quarterback: The Rams won't take a QB because Billy Devaney is still gun shy from having participated in the decision to draft Ryan Leaf.
    Wasn't Devaney also part of drafting Jamaal Anderson for the Falcons? And helped in drafting Chris Long for the Rams? Something doesn't add up in this logic. Ryan Leaf was 10 years ago, while Anderson was drafted in 2007. If anything, Anderson would have been fresh in his mind when he picked Long a year later.

Ah crap. Must read posts in their entirety before hand!!!
    Last edited by shower beers; -01-25-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I respect a man who is willing to follow a chain of reasoning to its logical conclusion, no matter how counter-intuitive that conclusion may be. The oracle has spoken, now let's just concentrate on whom (if anybody) we will draft at #33.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

-Good, then pour the wine...Inhale this, but do not touch.

-I smell nothing

-What you do not smell is iocane powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid and is among the most deadly poisons known to man.

-Hmm

-All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink and who is right and who is dead.

-But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine it from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own cup or his enemies. Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet because he would know that only a great fool would reach or what he is given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known that I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

-You've made your decision then?

-Not remotely! Because Iocane comes from Australia. As everyone knows, Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

-Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

-Wait 'til I get going! Where was I?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

dumbest **** i ever read in my life.. if you put it this way.. why draft at all?

BernieM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    dumbest **** i ever read in my life.. if you put it this way.. why draft at all?
    Say what you want, but the Rams need to start thinking and acting like an elite team if they want to improve. Elite teams never draft in the top 5 picks, and neither should the Rams.

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

So in Bernies world we just forefit the #1 overall lol why dont we just collapse the team entirely and whilst we are at it we should build next stadium on quicksand and have it invested by a pyramid scheme backed from dodgey dealers and next up why dont we disregard stupid morons with nothing helpfull to say. Miss old days when approach was taken that if u didnt have anything usefull to say you didnt say anything.

Say what you want, but the Rams need to start thinking and acting like an elite team if they want to improve. Elite teams never draft in the top 5 picks, and neither should the Rams.
    That's a good point. I also confirmed via nfl.com that none of the elite teams has any of our players on its roster, so perhaps in addition to not drafting in the top 5 we should cut every player on our roster. Spags can stay since he was on an elite team only a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    That's a good point. I also confirmed via nfl.com that none of the elite teams has any of our players on its roster, so perhaps in addition to not drafting in the top 5 we should cut every player on our roster. Spags can stay since he was on an elite team only a couple years ago.

Well, with that logic we have to keep players like Gibson, Amendola and Jason Brown. But I see your point. Think of all the cap room we'll have!!!11

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I agree with my man Bernie all the way here! Who needs a first round pick we will be way better without it. Look at years past of busted early round picks. Its not like we use the picks wisely anways

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Well, with that logic we have to keep players like Gibson, Amendola and Jason Brown. But I see your point. Think of all the cap room we'll have!!!11
    Yes that's true, I overlooked that. Good point.

However, we will definitely have to get rid of the dead wood like S Jax, Long, J Smith, Bartell, Atogwe, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    Yes that's true, I overlooked that. Good point.

However, we will definitely have to get rid of the dead wood like S Jax, Long, J Smith, Bartell, Atogwe, etc.
    They all come from the Rams recent line of losing personnel. If we're ever to succeed as a team, we need to severe all ties with that regime. They're dead weight!!!1!!one!1

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Never go up against a half-witted hack when the draft is on the line.

I think the real answer is in BernieM's own personnel assessment. Since The Rams are only set at K/P and safety, that is where we should draft. Build on strengths. Take a punter with the first & alternate safety/punter in every round.

The Rams offense will be a threat to score drop-kick FGs from anywhere on the field and have an all-safety squad of fleet-footed ball-rippers/hawks on defense.

The Vizzini Strategy reborn anew.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Much like Wesley (aka The Man in Black, The Dread Pirate Roberts) did with iocane powder, I've spent the last few years building up an immunity to Bernie.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

There is no logic at all in this #%#^%
    Just biased nonsense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast