Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Rams' Free Agency Strategy

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams' Free Agency Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Here's my take on free agency.

I think we redo SJ deal three years and Ganaway gets released. If we do not resign SJ, Ganaway stays and Pead, Drich and Ganaway make up the backfield and we do not draft a RB.

Amendola will be the biggest free agents we sign 3-4 million per loaded with incentives to reach max value.

Turner and Hayes are resigned.

Mikell restructure are he's cut, with all the talent in this draft for safeties now is the time to reset his wage or draft two and bring in a vet.

Harvey Dahl in 2013 will be $4 million cap hit, recovering from a torn left biceps tendon and at the age 32. I know this sounds crazy as he has been the most consistent player on our line but he may be a Victim of circumstances. Giving SJ and Amendola new deals along with two first round picks to sign may cause us to make a tough decision.

I think the Rams have a group of players that need to be factored into some decisions.

Shelley Smith G
    Chris Williams G
    Joe Barksdale T
    Rok Watkins G
    Terrance Ganaway RB
    Matt Daniels S

As far as playing a 3/4 I just don't see that. There is going to be a presser sometime this week so maybe we will here Fisher comment on that.
    none of those guys should be factored in to any situation. Undrafted free agents or situational players don't determine your draft picks or FA targets. if they turn out to be something great but we aren't going to make any decisions with them in mind.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Rams' Free Agency Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    none of those guys should be factored in to any situation. Undrafted free agents or situational players don't determine your draft picks or FA targets. if they turn out to be something great but we aren't going to make any decisions with them in mind.
    You kind of lost me with "situational players" not sure what you mean by that phrase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12