Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Rams get Best O-Lineman in Draft (hmmm!!)

With Richie Incognito (Nebraska)...

ESPN radio reported one GM told Golic that this was the Best O-lineman in the draft. He also said he's out of control and will get in trouble in the NFL also.
    Some personnel evaluators have taken to call him Randy Incognito (as in Randy Moss).

He is one heckuva athlete (fastest O-lineman at combine) and widely called the meanest player in College football (last year).

This is a lineman, hopefully he will mature. But, what a steal as far as talent goes!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Rams get Best O-Lineman in Draft (hmmm!!)

Well, if Martz & Co. like the mean, aggressive type of linemen, they've got their hands full with Incognito. His fiery attitude caught my eye while he played (at NU) as a freshman, and I followed him throughout the rest of his [short] tenure here. He's gotten kicked out of a couple games for fights and probably knows every dirty trick in the trench, but he dominated as a center, guard, and tackle for the Huskers - a team with traditionally tough O-Linemen. If memory serves me correctly, he was the first freshman lineman to ever start for the team.

I love Incognito as a player (as many found out in the draft chat), and firmly believe that if he keeps his temper in line, he'll be starting at either center or guard for the Rams by the end of the year.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I read this guy stole the show at the combine.
    He also led NEB in pancake blocks and had 14 in one game.

If they control this guy, he'll be awesome. I understand his control problems are an issue. Hopefully, they will make a contract that will give him incentives to behave. Most teams give guys like him a clause that says he has to return his signing bonus if he gets arrested or is suspended for any reason. Hopefully,
    he will mature.

On the field, this guy is a killer. .

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    With Richie Incognito (Nebraska)...
    He is one heckuva athlete (fastest O-lineman at combine) and widely called the meanest player in College football (last year).

This is a lineman, hopefully he will mature. But, what a steal as far as talent goes!
    When did he get hurt as I thought I read somewhere around here that he will begin the season on IR?
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I believe he got hurt while participating in drills at the combine back in March. If I am not mistaken, his injury while requiring surgery, is not considered that serious, with rehab running between 3 and 4 months.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Is this guy only a center? Do the Rams need a center? Will this guy play this year, or is he a future replacement?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams | Incognito to Have Shot at OT and OG - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:23:52 -0700

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports St. Louis Rams rookie C Richie Incognito (knee) can play any of the positions along the offensive line, but will probably get a shot at guard and tackle when he returns from knee surgery. As reported, Incognito will undergo kneecap surgery and be sidelined three to four months.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!