Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rams going after Desean Jackson?

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Rams going after Desean Jackson?

Rich Smith ‏ @ALLsportsINTEL

BREAKING NFL UPDATE St. Louis Rams are in trade talks with the Philadelphia Eagles for Wr DeSean Jackson

Taking with a grain of salt till more is known.

Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

Re: Rams going after Desean Jackson?

I'm game! Him and Blackmond would be out of this world! Even if Blackmon doesn't fall to 6 we know there will be a playmaker for Bradford! Hope his head stays on his shoulders! We know he wants that $$$$$!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I'd be open to this provided the cost wasn't too great. Which it likely would be. If we could get him for a third rounder i would be thrilled. A second seems more likely.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Whats the deal with him, is he tendered? I would love for this to happen, brilliant vertical threat, and electric punt returner....boom, make it happen!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd pump the brakes on this one until a more legitimate source reports it. This account is being compared to IncarceratedBob, which if you remember was the laughing stock of free agency tweets last year for proclaiming Nnandi-to-NYJ was a done deal. ALLsportsINTEL also recently tweeted that Matt Flynn is reportedly close to becoming the Browns' new QB, and yet reporters across the country are saying the Browns haven't even had contact and don't plan to.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-14-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'd pump the brakes on this one until a more legitimate source reports it.
    Yea, the guy tweeting this also tweeted the Flynn was close on becoming the new Browns QB. Im just looking everywhere now for updates on this Desean rumor.

On a side note......i hope the rumor is true.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I guess I wouldn't mind this. I still like the idea of tendering the 2nd round for Mike Wallace if possible. Especially if we can do the Redskins. That would be my number 1 option now.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I guess I wouldn't mind this. I still like the idea of tendering the 2nd round for Mike Wallace if possible. Especially if we can do the Redskins. That would be my number 1 option now.
    Well from what i understand and have read, the only way we could get Wallace(who is tendered for a 1st rounder), we'd have to give up our #6 overall 1st round pick, and we would not be able to use future 1st round picks to trade for him.

So it seems that unless we want to give up our #6 overall, we're not going to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Well from what i understand and have read, the only way we could get Wallace(who is tendered for a 1st rounder), we'd have to give up our #6 overall 1st round pick, and we would not be able to use future 1st round picks to trade for him.

So it seems that unless we want to give up our #6 overall, we're not going to get him.
    Some people on this board were open to giving up the #2 for him before we traded, so I'd think giving up the #6 for him would be even more appealing to them.

richtree is offline Registered User

This is a tough one. #1 D.Jackson isn't a great run blocker or very durable. He is a headache if not getting catches, but that should be a problem here.

If we go Trent Richardson #6 and have Sjax -- would he be happy blocking alot. He is a touchdown threat but not really valuable in Red Zone packages....

lastly, he doesn't have a contract -- he is the Franchise Tag for eagles and would likely want a long term deal (overpriced) --

Hard to see this one happening....I do think the Eagles will trade him...but I only give a 20% chance of it being to the Rams...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Some people on this board were open to giving up the #2 for him before we traded, so I'd think giving up the #6 for him would be even more appealing to them.
    I'd be all for getting Wallace and DJax. Especially if we could get DJax with just a 3rd rounder, we'd still have two high 2nd rounders. And our WR core would be upgraded greatly.

But i doubt it's going to happen. I have a gut feeling that we'll either take a DT at #6 or trade back.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    This is a tough one. #1 D.Jackson isn't a great run blocker or very durable. He is a headache if not getting catches, but that should be a problem here.

If we go Trent Richardson #6 and have Sjax -- would he be happy blocking alot. He is a touchdown threat but not really valuable in Red Zone packages....

lastly, he doesn't have a contract -- he is the Franchise Tag for eagles and would likely want a long term deal (overpriced) --

Hard to see this one happening....I do think the Eagles will trade him...but I only give a 20% chance of it being to the Rams...
    \

Nice con list for him. He's still an upgrade over our other wr's if we can work out a contract with him.

I'd be all for getting Wallace and DJax. Especially if we could get DJax with just a 3rd rounder, we'd still have two high 2nd rounders. And our WR core would be upgraded greatly.

But i doubt it's going to happen. I have a gut feeling that we'll either take a DT at #6 or trade back.
    I really don't see the Eagles parting with him for only a third-round pick.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

That's only if you offer him a contract, he accepts and Pittsburgh doesn't match it. You can still negotiate a trade for Wallace. For example: swap 1st round picks and the Rams throw in their 4th round pick. That means the Steelers are getting the value of the 16th pick in the draft.

It seems Pittsburgh is interested in signing him to a long term contract so the deal is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    That's only if you offer him a contract, he accepts and Pittsburgh doesn't match it. You can still negotiate a trade for Wallace. For example: swap 1st round picks and the Rams throw in their 4th round pick. That means the Steelers are getting the value of the 16th pick in the draft.

It seems Pittsburgh is interested in signing him to a long term contract so the deal is unlikely.
    Ahh, thank you for shedding some light on this. I'm always a little confused with tenders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast