Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams have visits scheduled with DT Brandon Williams, DE David Bass, WR T.J. Moe

Rams lining up pre-draft visits with locals. DT Brandon Williams (Missouri Southern U./Rockwood Summit HS) was in Monday. . .
    . . . .DE David Bass (Missouri Western U./University City HS) also was in this week.
    Mizzou WR T.J. Moe (Fort Zumwalt West HS) is scheduled to visit Rams in early April.
    According to Jim Thomas on Twitter.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rams have visits scheduled with DT Brandon Williams, DE David Bass, WR T.J. Moe

I think Williams was on someone's 7 round mock for the Rams.

Oh, yeah... it was mine!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams have visits scheduled with DT Brandon Williams, DE David Bass, WR T.J. Moe

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there some kind of exemption for "hometown" players. The team can bring them in w/o it counting against one of their prospect visits?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there some kind of exemption for "hometown" players. The team can bring them in w/o it counting against one of their prospect visits?
    Or since they're locals, the Rams should've had someone following them all season, so they wouldn't have to bring them in for a visit. Or is that illegal?

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

No DL after the first for me unless they are just an extreme value that fell well beyond what the Rams think their draft slot should have been. They would need to drop a good 30 spots beyond what the Rams think that players draft slot should be.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-30-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That's correct.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    No DL after the first for me unless they are just an extreme value that fell well beyond what the Rams think their draft slot should have been. They would need to drop a good 30 spots beyond what the Rams think that players draft slot should be.
    Really? That's interesting because I feel just the opposite. I would be less than thrilled if we went with a D lineman in the first round given the quality of play and youth of our current D line. However, if we were able to pick up a good depth/rotation player on day 2 or 3, I would be fine with that. I just think our major holes are such that we should be able to use our premium picks at that perfect little intersection where value meets need. Should be good prospects available at both of our round 1 picks for OG, WR, and S.

Now if somebody like Sharrif Floyd fell to 16 then maybe you could change my mind pretty quick. Is that what you mean by first round DL? If an elite prosect falls into our lap? Or is that an area you believe we need to address?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That's correct.
    Yes!!! First thing I got right all week!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod