Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rams heading to Texas A&M to work out Matthews, Evans, and yes, Manziel

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Rams heading to Texas A&M to work out Matthews, Evans, and yes, Manziel

The beat goes on.

Johnny Manziel - QB - Player

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that the Rams' interest in Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel is "genuine."
    "I believe their interest is serious," added Mort. "There are people who believe they could take him at No. 2." There is increasing buzz surrounding St. Louis' volatile quarterback position, where with a $14.015 million salary, Sam Bradford is arguably the most overpaid player in football. Installing Manziel as their starter, and moving on from Bradford, would save the Rams roughly $7 million in immediate cap space while adding a dynamic dual-threat under center, building up the offense in division-rivals San Francisco and Seattle's likeness.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The commentary after the quote is from Rotoworld. Given that they are fantasy football geeks, they don't like Bradford (he doesn't give you rushing yards like RGIII or Cam Newton).

Mort's comment is mere speculation. As for "people" who "believe they could take him at No. 2," are any of those people employees of the Rams?

Didn't think so.

RealRam is offline Registered User

2014 NFL Draft ... mocks-a-madness month!

Wow, seems that with every blink of the eye another NFL Draft article pops up to add to the mysteries of May. That is, this month of May. Big money moments, promising players, success potential. I love it.

As D-day approaches fast now I think there is very little room for failure in the Rams list of candidates and strategies this year. It ought to be one of our best drafts.

Below, a little NFL Draft humor.

citr92 likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

If the Rams take Manziel my heart will actually stop. Imagine how shocking that would be? They'd most likely be dealing Bradford during draft weekend too for a 2nd-4th round pick.

At the end of the day I think the chances of us drafting Manziel are 90-10 (90 is no), but who really knows at this point.
    FestusRam and Randart like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rams may not be convincing anyone they will take him at one but they are trying to let any team that wants to pass in the top ten they may take him at 13.

If the Browns pass on him at 4 maybe they package up their second 1st rounder to move back up to 13.

By Peter King
    Nos. 2 and 13, St. Louis. I sense the Rams like Greg Robinson at two—over Sammy Watkins and Jake Matthews. A St. Louis contingent went to Auburn on Thursday to work out Robinson; no negatives surfaced. More mystery about 13. The Rams really like Johnny Manziel, and if he were there at 13 (which is unlikely), they will consider picking him. His workout for the Rams on Friday in Texas, with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer running the show, was impressive, as was the 80-minute post-workout session in the meeting room with Schottenheimer and Jeff Fisher, among others. One other piece of knowledge I got confirmed Sunday: Rams GM Les Snead recently went to Texas Tech and met at length with coach Kliff Kingsbury—Manziel’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at A&M in 2012—and came away thinking Manziel could adjust to life well as an NFL passer. Does that mean the Rams will take Manziel if he’s there at 13? I am still dubious. But I can tell you the Rams like him a lot.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Or...

The Rams want people to think they'd consider Manziel at No. 13 because the No. 13 pick is for sale.

In which case... thanks for the free advertising, Peter!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Or...

The Rams want people to think they'd consider Manziel at No. 13 because the No. 13 pick is for sale.

In which case... thanks for the free advertising, Peter!
    This is the guy that was in our war room last year so yeah thanks for the spin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12