Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bruce4life

Thread: rams interested in Snelling or Jerome harrison

kman is offline Registered User

rams interested in Snelling or Jerome harrison

i think id rahter have harriosn..more explosive...snelling is like a crappier Sjax...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rotoworld...rams interested in Snelling or Jerome harrison

Let's quote the actual source rather than Rotoworld, especially since a source was provided...

RB options could include Snelling, Harrison
    BY JIM THOMAS | Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Free agents Jason Snelling of Atlanta and to a lesser extent Jerome Harrison of Philadelphia are emerging as candidates for the backup running back job in St. Louis behind Steven Jackson, according to league sources.

Although neither has the sizzle of a Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles, Snelling and Harrison have shown they can handle a feature-back role when called upon _ something the Rams are in need of should Jackson go down for a couple of games with an injury.

Snelling, 27, has big-back size (5-11, 223) and has been a productive pass-catcher as well. In 2009, when Falcons star Michael Turner missed five games because of injury, Snelling carried 142 times for 613 yards, a 4.3 average. Last season, he had only 87 carries, gaining 324 yards, but also caught 44 passes for 303 yards.

Harrison, 28, is on the small side at 5-9, 205. Traded from Cleveland to Philadelphia on Oct. 18 of last season, he found little work behind LeSean McCoy with 40 carries for 239 yards in eight games. Harrison's best season was 2009, when he rushed for 862 yards, including a Browns' single-game record 286 yards against Kansas City.

***The Rams expressed interest in Green Bay offensive guard Daryn Colledge, but he's expected to sign with Arizona.

***Atlanta's Brian Finneran is one of the free-agent wide receivers the Rams have looked at.

***The Rams have expressed some interest in Seattle defensive tackle Brandon Mebane, but he doesn't appear likely to end up in St. Louis.

***Tight end Daniel Fells has talked to the Rams about returning, but has also received calls from Denver and Tennessee.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Re: rams interested in Snelling or Jerome harrison

Snelling and harrison huh? Kman, i told u we are gonna get a back "like leon washington". Smh well if it goes through i guess its better than nothing

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Brian Finneran???? WTF???
    ZiaRam likes this.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Daniel Fells would be smart to take an offer from Denver or Tennessee. The TE situation here is looking really over crowed and most people have to have this guy on the bubble.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

LMAO! Those were my exact words when I read that article!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Looks like Reggie Bush was traded to the Phins contingent on a re-negotiated contract... What are we doing? Snelling is not what we need. All he is is a much worse version of SJ39. We need a difference maker who can make big plays and is a change of pace. Hopefully Bush rejects and tests the open market. If not, it is going to be a tough loss on our end, and we need to start making some moves...NOW. Our division rivals are getting better each day.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I guess if he's better than Darby and Toston, then I'm all for it...

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Ill tell you what we are doing... Billy D aka Mr. conservative is just being, well, conservative. We will probably sign one of these guys and let sproles slip away like all the other guys we coulda/shoulda got. But i hope Mr conservative makes me out of a liar. Im still mad about us not getting lagarret 'sucka punch' blount last year.... I think every time i see him huddle a 6" tall defender it will remind me of what we coulda had. But like stallion said anyone is better than toston and darby
    Last edited by Fastcat; -07-28-2011 at 02:19 AM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Looks like Reggie Bush was traded to the Phins contingent on a re-negotiated contract... What are we doing? Snelling is not what we need. All he is is a much worse version of SJ39. We need a difference maker who can make big plays and is a change of pace. Hopefully Bush rejects and tests the open market. If not, it is going to be a tough loss on our end, and we need to start making some moves...NOW. Our division rivals are getting better each day.
    We need a backup RB that can spell or even fill in short term should SJ get injured. Not a replacement for the Beast just a guy that can carry the load if need be. We need Steven Jackson on the field as much as he can handle!!!!