Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The Rams, The Jets, Kevin Curtis & A.J. Hawk (a trade idea)

How can the Rams get A.J. Hawk?

Well, it seems to me that they would likely have to trade into the top 5 picks, as San Francisco may be poised to take him at the number 6 spot.

The number 5 pick is held by the Packers, and I don't think they'd want to move to number 11, as they are reportedly targeting Mario Williams.

The Jets are at number 4, so here's my trade idea.

Rams send their first round pick (No. 11) and Kevin Curtis to the Jets for their first round pick (No. 4). Perhaps, to even out the value, the Rams might need to also add a mid-round pick.

Why this makes sense for the Rams: This would ensure that the Rams could take A.J. Hawk, who would be a major piece of the puzzle in upgrading the defense. They would lose Curtis, who is a promising player, but with Isaac Bruce resigned, and Sean McDonald and Dane Looker on the roster, they could afford the loss and draft a prospect at WR to develop (maybe in the 3rd or 4th round).

Why this makes sense for the Jets: They are probably going to lose Laverneus Coles, and could use a guy like Curtis in their lineup. He comes at a very reasonable price and has good experience. Also, the drop from pick 4 to pick 11 might not impact them that much. If they are looking for a QB, Jay Cutler may still be there at No. 11 and, if not, they will have their choice of some others (Omar Jacobs, Brodie Coyle). If they are looking for an OT, there is a chance that D'Brickshaw Ferguson could fall to No. 11 and, if not, Winston Justice would likely be there. If they want to trade down further and obtain more picks, I'm sure there would be plenty of teams interested in moving up to pick No. 11.

What do you think?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -03-10-2006 at 01:38 PM.

dewalt_ram is offline Registered User

Re: The Rams, The Jets, Kevin Curtis & A.J. Hawk (a trade idea)

Take GREENWAY he is a much better PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milan is offline Registered User

I like Curtis too much to agree with this, I'd rather give up McDonald.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think Curtis is better then we think he is. He is on a team with the best tandem WR in the NFL and he still is making an impact as number three. Curtis is a keeper. Deal or no Deal? No Deal

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    I think Curtis is better then we think he is. He is on a team with the best tandem WR in the NFL and he still is making an impact as number three. Curtis is a keeper. Deal or no Deal? No Deal
    Perfectly Said, Curtis is a playmaker, we should definitely keep him.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Sanantonioram is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: The Rams, The Jets, Kevin Curtis & A.J. Hawk (a trade idea)

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    How can the Rams get A.J. Hawk?

Well, it seems to me that they would likely have to trade into the top 5 picks, as San Francisco may be poised to take him at the number 6 spot.

The number 5 pick is held by the Packers, and I don't think they'd want to move to number 11, as they are reportedly targeting Mario Williams.

The Jets are at number 4, so here's my trade idea.

Rams send their first round pick (No. 11) and Kevin Curtis to the Jets for their first round pick (No. 4). Perhaps, to even out the value, the Rams might need to also add a mid-round pick.

Why this makes sense for the Rams: This would ensure that the Rams could take A.J. Hawk, who would be a major piece of the puzzle in upgrading the defense. They would lose Curtis, who is a promising player, but with Isaac Bruce resigned, and Sean McDonald and Dane Looker on the roster, they could afford the loss and draft a prospect at WR to develop (maybe in the 3rd or 4th round).

Why this makes sense for the Jets: They are probably going to lose Laverneus Coles, and could use a guy like Curtis in their lineup. He comes at a very reasonable price and has good experience. Also, the drop from pick 4 to pick 11 might not impact them that much. If they are looking for a QB, Jay Cutler may still be there at No. 11 and, if not, they will have their choice of some others (Omar Jacobs, Brodie Coyle). If they are looking for an OT, there is a chance that D'Brickshaw Ferguson could fall to No. 11 and, if not, Winston Justice would likely be there. If they want to trade down further and obtain more picks, I'm sure there would be plenty of teams interested in moving up to pick No. 11.

What do you think?
    Letting loose of Curtis for ANYONE would be a very large, devastating mistake that could mess up what will bw a very good offense. I don't think you appreciate Kevin's ability. I think he will be an elite receiver in the NFL very shortly. We need to keep him at all costs.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

So, I guess my suggestion's not all the popular, huh?

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

With that deal your giving up a (somewhat) known young talented player for an unknown talent. I like Hawk and I hope he falls but losing Curtis would be a big mistake....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I like Hawk, but I don't think it's worth trading up if Curtis is in the package. I'm also not sure how enticing it'd be for the Jets. Yeah, they could use help at WR. But they could also use a QB or an elite LT, both of which they could get by staying at 4th overall.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I like curtis a lot, but keep in mind guys that his durability is suspect. has he made it through a full season yet? No. Also, he is not a kid. You have to give to get. Hawk will help dramatically in terms of overhauling our defense. I am not sure if curtis plus the 11 is an overpay, but i dont think you can consider curtis an untouchable now that bruce is back. Sure we would rather give up mcdonald. no one will put value on him. I think curtis is worth a high #2 or low #1 and i dont think you need to give up a high #2 to go from 11 to 6.

i would give up the 11 and probably next years #2 to get the head of the hawk on the squad.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Kevin is like the fastest white man ever!! lol but yeah in all seriousness, he is extremely fast, he's only gonna get better at his Position, he needs to bulk up JUST a little

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Hey Varg6 A.J. Hawk is probably 60 pounds bigger than curtis but he runs his 40 in 4.51 only about 0.2 slower(and hes white)

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Wait scratch that he ran a 4.38 and 4.56 at his pro day.

Truth is offline Registered User

Isn't Curtis an unrestricted FA after this next season? If that's the case, there's no way of knowing if we'll be able to keep him anyway. With Bruce back in the fold, I'd seriously consider the trade to get Hawk. It's hard to find top knotch LBs. Do I like the idea of losing Curtis? NO, but our real needs this season are on defense. We can't keep neglecting the "D" to hold all of our offensive talent. That hasn't gotten us very far.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

excellent point on the future of curtis. if we dont sign him long term now, we for sure run the risk of losing him next year.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast