Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the chosen1 is offline Registered User

Rams like Tony Richardson

KFFL - St. Louis Rams News and Notes

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the St. Louis Rams may be interested in unrestricted free-agent FB Tony Richardson (Vikings).
    Id like to get Tony he can only make Steven Jackson even better and also is a good reciever.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams like Tony Richardson

Why??? lol, my God get some OL and DL help first, FO.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Ramer is offline Registered User

That would be a bad move. I agree with Varg6, we need help at OL and DL first.

Wolf is offline Registered User

Everyone acts like this would be tragic if we signed him. He has some left in the tank and only missed 2 games last year. People say we need offensive line help..when basically he'll improve our blocking. He's not going to lure a lot of money. He blocked for Adrian Peterson, by the way. lol

Rambos is offline Registered User

That would be a bad move. I agree with Varg6, we need help at OL and DL first.
    Does it matter the order we get the players in, as long as we get them?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Everyone acts like this would be tragic if we signed him. He has some left in the tank and only missed 2 games last year. People say we need offensive line help..when basically he'll improve our blocking. He's not going to lure a lot of money. He blocked for Adrian Peterson, by the way. lol
    And before that he blocked for Priest Holmes during his best years. It's not like fullbacks ever make much money anyway, so I doubt this would much impact if any on other free agents we would sign at other positions. Only issue I see with this is his age (36). Even for a fullback, that's pretty old.

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

its good as well because he has played for Al saunders before and knows his offense. We have Jacob Bell coming in Monday and will probally get more OL in the draft. What else do you people want for that position. We got plagued by injuries last year. If we get those two I named, we have solid starters and back-ups. I really think theres no way we get hurt in injuries this year like last year.
    What we really didnt have is a fullback like Tony to lead the way. Like wat people were saying. Low money contract. Instant Help. Hes a good fit if you ask me.

JPPT1974 is online now Registered User

He is good not just on the field
    But off it as a humanatarian!
    August Back to School!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I'll take that ANYDAY. I mean it. Adrian Peterson was amazing this year. With the right help (with Bell and a healthy line) we can have a great year with SJAX.

keith m. klink Guest

36 or not , he is a great fullback and a low end contract would be a much much needed improvement over SHALL I SAY IT ? our number 1 guy , the super h-back/fb /te / bust MR. OWENS .

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Didnt he just help AP and chester Taylor produce great seasons... Tony can block and catch the ball.. it would help our running game immensely, i am for this signing

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Didnt he just help AP and chester Taylor produce great seasons... Tony can block and catch the ball.. it would help our running game immensely, i am for this signing
    Exactly. Richardson is still producing at a high level as he helped block for a great Minnesota rushing offense and earned a Pro Bowl appearance (for those who still value that). Brian Leonard is not a traditional lead blocking fullback, so bringing in someone capable of filling that role but also with the versatility to be used in other ways would be great. Also, let's not ignore that Richardson and Rams OC Al Saunders shared time in Kansas City, so there's a FOAS connection there as well.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I have nothing against Brian Leonard, but the Rams blew it when they didn't draft a DE at that slot last year. Ugh.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Ok, i think that this is absolutely stupid when Lorenzo Neal is on the free agent market. If we are looking for a FB why not get the greatest blocking FB of all time.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Exactly. Richardson is still producing at a high level as he helped block for a great Minnesota rushing offense and earned a Pro Bowl appearance (for those who still value that). Brian Leonard is not a traditional lead blocking fullback, so bringing in someone capable of filling that role but also with the versatility to be used in other ways would be great. Also, let's not ignore that Richardson and Rams OC Al Saunders shared time in Kansas City, so there's a FOAS connection there as well.
    OK, good signing if it happens but is this organization just grasping at straws now ? he will help the o-line because of his blocking but we really need to fix up front FIRST,so what do we do with our 2nd round pick from last year ?What about this other guy we needed at fullback that barely played and how's the guy we cut, I believe his name was Hedgecock,oh thats right he's on a world champion with a fat new contract.I get the feeling this organization is just spinning there wheels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast