Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Rams Looking to Deal out of #22!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Rams Looking to Deal out of #22!

"Rams' second-first round pick, No. 22 overall, clearly is for sale. STL looking to deal out of 22."

- Adam Schefter

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Looking to Deal out of #22!

We've suspected/assumed it would be for a while now, as teams will likely be interested in moving back up for a QB.

I sort-of called this last night on Tampas thread! That not being the point, I'm damn excited to see what direction were headed in. Most likely were looking to deal to a team that wants to slide up into the late first round to select a QB (Barkley, Nassib, Manuel). If we slid back I'd be interested to see what we'd get in return. Say we trade with the Eagles or Bills (4th or 8th pick in 2nd round) I'd like to see us receive their 2nd round pick as well as their 3rd round pick and possibly a later round pick like 5th or 6th.

Thoughts?

THE DREAM TEAM

richtree is offline Registered User

I just really don't want picks next year......I want to win now....and there are a lot of good players in this draft from top to bottom.....I would bet we get 1 or 2 real contributors from round 5, 6, 7 and free agent because of the depth.....lets see what the offers are......

enjoy
    ZiaRam likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Here is one I heard last night thought it was creative.

If the Rams want Austin they can take one of the first round picks and package it with another pick and move up and get him. Then take the other pick and trade it and recoup picks by moving out of the first round all together.

We could end up with one first round elite (player) and maybe a couple of second and third round picks in this draft to keep building. With the depth of the safeties and backers, I think that would work.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

If the Rams want Austin they can take one of the first round picks and package it with another pick and move up and get him. Then take the other pick and trade it and recoup picks by moving out of the first round all together.

We could end up with one first round elite (player) and maybe a couple of second and third round picks in this draft to keep building. With the depth of the safeties and backers, I think that would work.
    I'm still against moving up for Austin in any scenario. Personally I'd be very unhappy with that move.
    cfh128, bradwill and sosa39rams like this.

Let Austin go elsewhere. Clearly Fisher and Snead understand that there is nobody worth trading up for in this draft, they are clearly looking to move DOWN to acquire more 2nd and 3rd round picks. I'm all for that. I think this is all in plan to look at adding Eddie Lacy. Grab a player at #16, land Lacy with the pick we trade for, grab another good player with the 2nd we acquire (Larry Warford?).

THE DREAM TEAM

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

It looks like if we were to move down it would be for a team to grab a QB, but it wouldn't surprise me if a team moved to 22 to grab Teo before the Vikings pick at 23. Perhaps Baltimore or another team in need of a MLB that has an early 2. If we turned the 22 into a second this year and a first next year, I'd be very pleased.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    "Rams' second-first round pick, No. 22 overall, clearly is for sale. STL looking to deal out of 22."

- Adam Schefter
    Newsflash: "Every pick in the draft is for sale. It's just a matter of price."

- HUbison
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Newsflash: "Every pick in the draft is for sale. It's just a matter of price."

- HUbison
    It's true, but Fisher doesn't play games!

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

It's true, but Fisher doesn't play games!
    Of course he does. This whole process is one big game.
    Rambos likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

if...

HUbison, Rambos, laram0 and 5 others like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

I'm not wild about the idea of any trade-up to get Austin, but if the Rams make multiple trades that leaves them with at least as many Day 1/2 picks as they have now, I could live with that.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Of course he does. This whole process is one big game.
    Yes, let the Chess match begin!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Let Austin go elsewhere. Clearly Fisher and Snead understand that there is nobody worth trading up for in this draft, they are clearly looking to move DOWN to acquire more 2nd and 3rd round picks. I'm all for that. I think this is all in plan to look at adding Eddie Lacy. Grab a player at #16, land Lacy with the pick we trade for, grab another good player with the 2nd we acquire (Larry Warford?).
    I'm with you on this one Sosa. I don't know about Lacy (and I mean that in the most literal sense), but at the right spot he could end up in horns.

In order to even think about initiating a trade up, there would have to be a player the Rams just absolutely love and feel is a can't miss guy. Austin IMO does not fit that bill. If they felt that way about one of the top OTs or Warmack then maybe, but I doubt they do. My gut tells me we go down - not up. If there was a Julio Jones type guy available, that would create a different scenario, but that does not appear to be the case this year. If the real "meat" of this year's draft is somewhere between #15 to #50, (as has been put forth by many of the so called pundits), it seems logical we'll try to get as many picks as possible in that range.

Given the extended amount of studying I've dedicated to this year's draft, the value of my opinion has increased from 2 to an all time high of 5 dead flies.
    sosa39rams and Randart like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast