Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Rams Looking to Deal out of #22!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Looking to Deal out of #22!

The Sirius NFL Radio Movin the Chains Mock Draft from a couple weeks ago had us doing this double trade... but we traded up with Buffalo from 16 to get Warmack, and then traded down from 22 with Green Bay to get Robert Woods. Unfortunately we only got a 4th and 5th as the compensation from Green Bay, so it'd be a lot of day 3 talent, not day 2.

I'd stay at 16 unless someone drops and we only have to try moving up a few spots(maybe that Jets #13 pick), and then I'd be looking to trade back from 22, maybe within the 1st with a team wanting to get their guy, and then out of the first in the QB market. Or go straight out, but we hopefully get some better value by double trading like we did with our #2 pick last year.
    Randart likes this.

I believe!

Rambos is offline Registered User

If the Rams are locked into DeAndre Hopkins as the guy. I would like to see us trade back from 16 to 18 with the Cowboys. The Cowboys want Vaccaro, we pick up a 4th. Then I trade the 18th pick to Jacksonville, who would like to lock up a QB. They have the first pick in the second round, I take that and their 3rd this year.

Take Hopkins with the 22nd and fill the needs of LB,FS,G,RB with the two second and third round picks. We would end up with five really good players.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Let Austin go elsewhere. Clearly Fisher and Snead understand that there is nobody worth trading up for in this draft, they are clearly looking to move DOWN to acquire more 2nd and 3rd round picks. I'm all for that. I think this is all in plan to look at adding Eddie Lacy. Grab a player at #16, land Lacy with the pick we trade for, grab another good player with the 2nd we acquire (Larry Warford?).
    If we move down we still need to take OT, OLB, Safety, WR with that pick I think. I definetly feel WR is the pick at 16 or 22. We are getting one there.

If we can get that extra 2nd and fill it with a OG like you said then you can cash all your tickets because this draft will be as good as last years.

Everyone is having orgasms over Austin - He will have a rough time in the NFL as the DBs are just as fast as he is and the OLBs are close in speed and someone is going to bust him up. I still say Hopkins is the best WR out there.
    sosa39rams likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    Everyone is having orgasms over Austin - He will have a rough time in the NFL as the DBs are just as fast as he is and the OLBs are close in speed and someone is going to bust him up. I still say Hopkins is the best WR out there.
    I have no problem with your preference for Hopkins, but your reasoning seems a bit odd. If Austin, who ran a 4.34 at the Combine, is going to have trouble due to the speed of NFL defenders, what does that say about Hopkins, who ran a 4.57?

Hopkins is a different WR - He always gets open by using his body and instincts and he knows how to position himself with where the ball is going -He catches everything - How many WRs that run 4.3 have been zeros in the NFL ? Too many to mention. How many WRs like Jerry Rice who ran 4.7 have been successes because they know how to get open via route running and playing off their opponent ? - Go watch the tape on him against top talent LSU on you tube and you will see what I mean. He ate them alive and that Clemson QB is not that good.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Hopkins is a different WR - He always gets open by using his body and instincts and he knows how to position himself with where the ball is going -He catches everything - How many WRs that run 4.3 have been zeros in the NFL ? Too many to mention. How many WRs like Jerry Rice who ran 4.7 have been successes because they know how to get open via route running and playing off their opponent ? - Go watch the tape on him against top talent LSU on you tube and you will see what I mean. He ate them alive and that Clemson QB is not that good.
    You mean Tahj Boyd, one of the top prospects in 2014?

Yea, he's not that good.
    AvengerRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Rams Looking to Deal out of #22!

A trade down to land Hopkins + another pick would be awesome. Heck if they traded down and missed Hopkins, there are some good WRs that will be there after him including Justin Hunter and Keenan Allen. Rams are in a good position.

So I take it the Hopkins at 16 talk was just smoke?
    lostsoul likes this.

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Rams Looking to Deal out of #22!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    If the Rams are locked into DeAndre Hopkins as the guy. I would like to see us trade back from 16 to 18 with the Cowboys. The Cowboys want Vaccaro, we pick up a 4th. Then I trade the 18th pick to Jacksonville, who would like to lock up a QB. They have the first pick in the second round, I take that and their 3rd this year.

Take Hopkins with the 22nd and fill the needs of LB,FS,G,RB with the two second and third round picks. We would end up with five really good players.
    This sounds awesome! Arthur Brown with Jacksonville's second round pick? Please happen. Absolute best case scenario imo

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I like Hopkins, however if we pass on Cordarelle Patterson for him I am going to be very upset. We would be missing out on an opportunity to draft a special, special playmaker.

He has roughly 7 inches and 50 lbs on Austin, yet moves like him. Whether it is us or someone else, if he freefalls as predicted, someone is going to be getting an absolute STEAL.

Having said all that, I am really hoping we land Austin or Patterson.
    eric2810 and lostsoul like this.

I wouldn't take Patterson until the 2nd round - He is an unknown. Athletic freaks of nature don't necessarily translate into ALL Pro NFL WRs.

I wouldn't take Patterson until the 2nd round - He is an unknown. Athletic freaks of nature don't necessarily translate into ALL Pro NFL WRs.
    Who called him an All pro? Predicting ANY pick as an all-pro would be ignorant, so I am not sure were you are going with that one.

Im just saying he is a playmaker plain and simple who I feel has a great shot at succeeding.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Looks to me like we're ready to go all in for Austin. Move from #16 up to go get Tavon, and then trade back from #22 to later to re-up the picks lost that we used to move up originally. Interesting..

THE DREAM TEAM

Looks to me like we're ready to go all in for Austin. Move from #16 up to go get Tavon, and then trade back from #22 to later to re-up the picks lost that we used to move up originally. Interesting..
    I have never doubted Fisher/Snead for a second, so if they think Austin is the guy that will help Sam I am 100% on board and ecstatic.

Austin is one of two guys I thought we HAD to leave today with, and if trading up to get him is what it takes, thats what you do.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh well, guess I can go to bed now, since that's already taken place.

I know McShay has been singing this particular song all day long, but I just don't see Fishead mortgaging the future on a slot receiver.
    TekeRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I'm still against moving up for Austin in any scenario. Personally I'd be very unhappy with that move.
    Yeah, until he takes a kickoff/punt to the house. Then you'll be like........
    Rambos and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast