RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Rams Mock 1-7 . Comments please

Round 1. Jimmy Williams. DB Virginia Tech
    With the Rams looking to take either Vernon Davis or Michael Huff in round one they will sadly not be here at this pick. With the closed TE in mind in Leonard Pope he isn't #11 material. With the closed DB in mind that plays like Michael Huff being Jimmy WIlliams the Rams won't pass on this pick. He is just as versatile and atheletic as Huff but maybe a better tackler. Attitude problems might cause him the spot but the Rams will probrably take the chance at him.

Round 2. Max Jean-Gilles. OG Georgia
    The Rams are starting to run low on guards. This pick will make the Rams Line possibly one of the most dominate in the 2006-2007 season, or 2007-2008 season. The potential Offensive like could look like this.

LT Orlando Pace
    LG Claude Terrell
    C Richard Incognito
    RG Max Jean-Gilles
    RT Alex Barron

Not only would it be the most dominate but for the most part the youngest in the NFL.

Round 3. A.J. Nicholson. LB Flordia State
    The Rams need a good strong SLB. With the recent signing of Witherspoon they have the Middle Linebacker spot filled. A.J. Nicholson is a big strong, athletic LB, he is 6' 252lbs. That is ideal size for a SLB and he would support that position very well!

Round 4. Cooper Wallace. TE Auburn
    The Rams are lacking an excellent blocking Tight End. Cooper Wallace brings that with him and isn't the best of recieving Tight Ends but Torry, Isaac, Curtis will cover that up with there recieving abilities and Steven Jackson will show the coachs that you don't need a great pass catching TE when you have a brute for a RB that can run the ball to set up the deep pass.

Round 5. Skyler Green. WR Louisian State University

Round 6. Justin London. LB U.C.L.A

Round 7. Brett Bell. S Wisconsin

RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Mock 1-7 . Comments please

He is just as versatile and atheletic as Huff but maybe a better tackler.
    I really disagree with this. I don't think Williams is the better tackler of the two at all. Huff is the much better and more consistent, disciplined tackler, IMO.

Anyways, the first two rounds are good. In fact, I just saw these first two rounds on another forum just a bit ago. I don't think Gilles falls to us in the second, but if he does, it'd be a great pick.

The rest of the draft, I'm not a big fan of. I don't like Nicholson very much because of off the field and character issues, which is something we won't need more of if we take Jimmy Williams. I think we can get a better fourth round TE than Cooper Wallace as well. Green is okay; I don't think we need to go WR at all, and we likely won't carry six WRs on the active roster, but he's good value in the fifth. The last two picks I'm kind of indifferent on. If we take a UCLA linebacker, I'd rather have Spencer Havner on the first day to compete at SLB instead of Nicholson.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Ok thanks nick. I'll take these comments into another mock I'll make later.
    RamsFan16

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I think Huff is significantly better than Williams.

Huff also showed up at the combine and did everything asked in front of all the scouts.

Williams did not. We only have a rumor from a Hokie fan (who also said Marcus Vick ran faster than reported) on Williams Pro day performance.

Huff did more reps than a lot of linebackers (21) and ran a 4.37. Huff ran on the same surface as everyone else and smoked 'em.

I'm hoping for
    1) Hawk
    2) Ngata or Huff

I hope you are right and we draft a guard in the 2nd round. We need an OG that can move someone off the line. We are weak in that interior line. If we can get an Interior line that can run block - look for Stephen Jackson to run wild.

Bottom Line: If we start McCollum and Timmerman Jackson will running into many more of those Brick walls that have become a common sight during Ram's games.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Hate the 1st round. Love the 2nd. Hate the 4th.

Sylar would be a great addition. Much better receiver than McDonald and a better returner.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Bottom Line: If we start McCollum and Timmerman Jackson will running into many more of those Brick walls that have become a common sight during Ram's games.
    This is a fact.