Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    starfoxx Guest

Re: Rams Mock Draft 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    To run it full time, yeah, two years, but to switch things up, if we get Chris Long, I'd say we could run it pretty well this year. The key is that we run a ONE GAP 3-4, meaning that the DE's are only responsible for one gap, not two, so they aren't freeing up the backers quite as much, but get a better pass rush themselves.

The line is Long - Ryan/tub o lard Mr I- Carriker.

The 'backers are Pisa - Draft - Culb - Spoon backed up with whoever we get in the draft.

To shore it up, we need a real tubby late in the draft that clogs the center, and some bigger LB's that we can train to be our 4-3 MLB full time and let us move Spoon back outside.
    I see what you are saying. But Chris Long has to be one of the OLBs, he fit's the mold of pass rushing OLB in the 3-4. The massive NT and Carriker are right where they need to be. Pisa can't play OLB, he doesn't have the size and the pass rushing skillset to play in the 3-4, we would have to trade him. You're right about needing bigger LB's , that's why Spoon would have to be traded or put on extra 10pds to play in the middle next to Draft. Leonard Little would have to play that other OLB spot until we get someone to replace him.

Yep. It's not easy, but it's worth it if the rams would commit to it.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If we play a one gapping scheme, I think Long can still play DE in a 3-4. However, he could also switch out to OLB, and we could try Wroten or Glover at the other DE spot and see how they do there. That could be a weak spot, however.

Pisa is too small, I agree, but he still has heart and has been a good LB for us. With his injury history I doubt we'd get much in a trade. If we kept him in coverage, he could play.

Actually, all of our LB's are undersized for a 3-4, so they'd all need to gain some weight, but I agree, Spoon is our best one and could play any of the spots. Sadly, he's also our biggest LB, so he might fit best in the middle anyway. We would need to draft this year some bigger guys to be able to play it effectively.

Good calls, foxx.

starfoxx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    If we play a one gapping scheme, I think Long can still play DE in a 3-4. However, he could also switch out to OLB, and we could try Wroten or Glover at the other DE spot and see how they do there. That could be a weak spot, however.

Pisa is too small, I agree, but he still has heart and has been a good LB for us. With his injury history I doubt we'd get much in a trade. If we kept him in coverage, he could play.

Actually, all of our LB's are undersized for a 3-4, so they'd all need to gain some weight, but I agree, Spoon is our best one and could play any of the spots. Sadly, he's also our biggest LB, so he might fit best in the middle anyway. We would need to draft this year some bigger guys to be able to play it effectively.

Good calls, foxx.

You too. We'll see how things turn out in the draft.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the 4-3 defensive ends play the one gap tech. In the 3-4 the defensive lineman are responsible for two gaps. So the one gapping scheme is actually the 4-3 defense.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Starfoxx

I liked your draft ! The only ? was Trevor Scott @ # 5 .
    I looked for him in several sites and couldn't find anything on him , maybe 7th Rd .or free agent.

I agree with moving spoon to outside , Giving LB Q. Culberson a chance at MLB .( I like Beau Bell and Ezra Butler both tackling machines in RD 4).
    How about DE Jeremy Thompson Wake Forest or DE Brian Johnston Gardner Webb or convert Chris Long's teammate OLB Vince Redd 6-6 260 .
    I think the rams need to bring in more than 1 DE in this Draft , or as undrafted freeagents .
    Right now I think all DE's on Rams are exspendable accept DE L. Little.
    DE James Hall
    DE C.J. AH You
    DE Eric Moore
    DE Victor Adeyanju is the best out of this bunch.

starfoxx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    Starfoxx

I liked your draft ! The only ? was Trevor Scott @ # 5 .
    I looked for him in several sites and couldn't find anything on him , maybe 7th Rd .or free agent.

I agree with moving spoon to outside , Giving LB Q. Culberson a chance at MLB .( I like Beau Bell and Ezra Butler both tackling machines in RD 4).
    How about DE Jeremy Thompson Wake Forest or DE Brian Johnston Gardner Webb or convert Chris Long's teammate OLB Vince Redd 6-6 260 .
    I think the rams need to bring in more than 1 DE in this Draft , or as undrafted freeagents .
    Right now I think all DE's on Rams are exspendable accept DE L. Little.
    DE James Hall
    DE C.J. AH You
    DE Eric Moore
    DE Victor Adeyanju is the best out of this bunch.
    Thanks. Culby showed some promise last year, but I wouldn't put him int he middle. We need a bigger, thicker, and a thumper. I like Erza too, ran a 4.4 40 at 245pds. Johnston and Thompson are two very good edge rushers, who I expect to go early on the second day. But we can get are starter in Chris Long on day one and than add depth late in the second day. With only 13 reps in the bench press, I wouldn't trust him taking on blocks from opposing offensive linemen.

I agree on bringing in a bus load of DEs, but we only have 10 picks this year. We need to address other positions also. So expect plenty of undrafted DEs coming in for a workout.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12