RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Rams Mock Draft (Post Combine)

1st Round

Michael Huff

With the releases that have occured in the NFL, no team in front of the Rams has a desperate need at safety. Huff could land in either Detroit or Arizona, but because of Vernon Davis impressing so well at the combine, I expect Huff to last to #11.

2nd Round

Ernie Sims

Although Matt Mayock has him rated higher than DeMeco Ryans, he wont go before him. Sims will fit well in St.Louis with his raw talent.

3rd Round

Freddie Roach

Roach should be the top rated MLB by this point in the draft. Haslett will be salivating to get a guy this tough into camp. Roach should fill in nicely as the run stuffing MLB that the Rams have needed so badly.

4th Round

Skylar Green

The Rams need a guy who can return punts and also fill in if Curtis or McDonald walks after next year. Green should be the highest rated player at this position and Linehan wont pass up a prospect like Green.

5th Round

Mark Anderson

Has a high motor and has really impressed at the combine and the Senior Bowl. This is a deep class at DE though and Anderson should last this late. He'll be a great backup to Little and will provide very solid depth at the least. Also with experience at OLB, he could be that tweener that Haslett needs in a 3-4.

6th Round

David Thomas

Although he did impress in the Sugar Bowl, he has not been extremely impressive at the combine. This is such a deep class at TE that we should see Thomas last this late. Dont be surprised if he goes a bit sooner though.

7th Round

Charlie Peprah

Peprah has really elivated his draft status since the season ended. He showed solid coverage skills in the East West Shrine game and has displayed good speed at the combine. He can play safety and corner and will be a good special teams player. He could develop into a great NCB or a solid #2 CB with some time though.

The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Mock Draft (Post Combine)

Too much Bama and MH will be gone by then. B
    Last edited by RamsFan16; -03-02-2006 at 06:10 PM.
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Pretty good mock. I'd personally like to see OL help in the fourth round instead of a WR, and I'm not sure how well Ernie Sims fits what we do defensively, though.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Well I like what Skylar can offer in his KR abilities and in the case that either Curtis of McDonald walks after next season.

Ernie just has a lot of raw talent. He flies to the ball and has impressed me in the limited film I've watched of him.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I like the roach pick in the 3rd round but it sucks that Davis won't make it to us.

Too much Bama and MH will be gone by then. B
    I dont really see how you can have too much of the best defense in college football from the past two seasons. Roach is a great MLB, Anderson is a high motor DE who can play OLB, and Peprah has experience at both corner and safety; although he is a better CB than a safety.

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    7th Round

Charlie Peprah

Peprah has really elivated his draft status since the season ended. He showed solid coverage skills in the East West Shrine game and has displayed good speed at the combine. He can play safety and corner and will be a good special teams player. He could develop into a great NCB or a solid #2 CB with some time though.
    I wouldnt mind us taking Peprah because he is talented and his little brother goes to the same school as me. But I think we will be gone by the 7th round.

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11
    I wouldnt mind us taking Peprah because he is talented and his little brother goes to the same school as me. But I think we will be gone by the 7th round.
    I dont know. I havent seen him rated too high by any draft rankings. I think the Prince could be a steal though if the Rams can snag him in the 7th.

I dont really see how you can have too much of the best defense in college football from the past two seasons. Roach is a great MLB, Anderson is a high motor DE who can play OLB, and Peprah has experience at both corner and safety; although he is a better CB than a safety.
    Well. You can say alot. I could say that about Iowa too taking Greenway, Hodge, Johnson and Allen but I don't because I know some will be undrafted F/A's in Johnson and Allen. I could say in the last few years we could take Bob Sanders, Abdul Hodge, Chad Greenway, Jonothan Babineux, Matt Roth, Jovon Johnson and Antwan Allen but I don't. I'm not saying there bad I'm just saying it takes a team to play good D not one player and one player may slack and the other will cover that up. You know.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Well. You can say alot. I could say that about Iowa too taking Greenway, Hodge, Johnson and Allen but I don't because I know some will be undrafted F/A's in Johnson and Allen. I could say in the last few years we could take Bob Sanders, Abdul Hodge, Chad Greenway, Jonothan Babineux, Matt Roth, Jovon Johnson and Antwan Allen but I don't. I'm not saying there bad I'm just saying it takes a team to play good D not one player and one player may slack and the other will cover that up. You know.
    Every guy that I have suggested drafting is a guy that should be selected in that round. Roach was a dominant MLB in the SEC and shut down so many running games. Had he not played most of the year with a huge cast on his arm, he would have led the team in INTs. A pretty good pickup for a third rounder.

Mark Anderson is a DE who has experience at OLB. He has good speed and has good size. He's got a great motor and can stand up and play OLB in the 3-4. A great backup for Leonard Little. He'll work hard and could develop into a good starter at LE.

Charlie Peprah is a guy who was a stud at CB. Because of a need a SS at Alabama, he moved to that position. That shows me a guy who is willing to help his team out no matter what his personal preference is. He is a far better CB than SS though. He has good size and great speed. He'll be a solid NCB at the worst. He also offers solid special teams play just like Freddie Roach.

They all should be taken around the time I have them being selected and all play positions of need. I like Abdul Hodge a lot, but I just dont think he'll be there in the second.

Then if they were on the Top D the last few years they'd be gone by the 5th round.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Then if they were on the Top D the last few years they'd be gone by the 5th round.
    I wouldnt say that. They are smart players who can find the ball well. Roach, Ryans, Anderson, Harper, and Peprah are all players who have some talent, but really excel when it comes to their football instincts. They dominated offenses in the SEC and should excel in the NFL because of their instincts. Probably the most talented of all of those players is Charlie Peprah, but I dont think he'll go until the 7th. These players are smart who will work hard. That's why they were so good in Joe Kines' Defense, and that's why they'll be good in the NFL.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Kansas University had one of the best defenses in the nation this past year, but I wouldn't want more than one or two of those guys on my NFL roster. Even then, I don't think I'd want them as more than back-ups, save maybe Charles Gordon.

Admittedly the Alabama guys are better NFL talents, but being good in college says nothing about potential pro success.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy
    Kansas University had one of the best defenses in the nation this past year, but I wouldn't want more than one or two of those guys on my NFL roster. Even then, I don't think I'd want them as more than back-ups, save maybe Charles Gordon.

Admittedly the Alabama guys are better NFL talents, but being good in college says nothing about potential pro success.
    Exactly. Alot of good college players were busts in the NFL.
    RamsFan16