Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Rams Mock Post Dub!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Rams Mock Post Dub!

*Rams trade down from the #2 pick to the #8 pick [Browns], the Rams also receive their 2nd rounder, and next year's Browns 1st rounder.

-Rams release: Scott Wells [C - 4.5 million saved], Harvey Dahl [RG - 4 million saved], and Kendall Langford [DT - 4 million saved], and Cortland Finnegan [CB - 7 million saved].

-Rams re-sign/extend: Rodger Saffold (Multiple year re-sign), Robert Quinn (extend), Sam Bradford (re-structure), Chris Williams (re-sign).

-Rams sign: FS Jairus Byrd (Bills - 5 years, 40 million), C Alex Mack (Browns - 4 years 24 million).

1 - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St: The top CB in the draft goes to the Rams at #8! We get our #1 CB and now we have a solid trio of Tru, Janoris, and Dennard. Dennard is excellent in press man coverage and has a solid knack for turning his head for the ball. He's got HUGE potential.

1 - Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame: This guy is big. 350 lbs big. He's a huge run stuffer and is scheme versatile. Nix is surprisingly nimble at 350 lbs. He can lose leverage at times, but he can be downright dominant. He helps out big time in the run stop department and becomes an immediate starter next to Brockers since Langford is being let go.

2 - Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers: This kid can be something special. If you're looking for a Calvin Johnson-esque WR, he's it. He comes in at 6'6 and 220 lbs. He doesn't have killer straight line speed but he surely isn't slow. He has terrific hands and runs crisp routes at the college level. If molded correctly Coleman can be an absolute terror on the outside for ANY CB in this league.

2 - Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA: The trade with the Browns allows us to take a chance in the 2nd round. Hundley is a good QB who is extremely mobile. He has a strong arm and is only 20 years old. At times he can be sporadic and you wan't to see more from a guy like him. With that being said, Hundley can come in and sit behind Sam immediately. He will earn valuable reps and learn about the game and get coached up for the year. Once we hit 2015, Hundley can start over Bradford, can potentially be traded for a 1st rounder, or can continue to be one of the best backup QB's in the league.

3 - Denzel Perryman, OLB, Miami: Perryman is a big guy who can play all 3 LB positions. He is a "tackling machine" and can make a big hit. He rounds out our LB corps. Perryman and Dunbar can play for that 3rd LB spot. Perryman will most likely get the edge with his aggressive play, making Dunbar excellent depth at the LB position.

4 - Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami: Henderson was the #1 recruit coming out of high school. He has a rare combination of size coming in at 6'7 and 345 lbs. When he wants to, he can be the most dominating player in the league. That's his issue, though. Injuries, off the field issues. That is why I think he slides to this spot, but he is well worth the chance in the 4th.

5 - Larry Webster, DE, Bloomsburg: Webster is a talented pass rusher. He compares very well to the Bengals DE Michael Johnson, coming in at 6'6 and 240 lbs. He needs to commit to the gym room and pack on some good weight. That'll help him in the run department as well as rushing the passer.

6 - Bruce Gaston, DT, Purdue: Gaston has been in the shadow of Kawann Shorts for a while. Gaston is a guy with some potential and can make a good backup at the DT spot. Purely developmental.

7 - Glenn Carson, ILB, Penn State: I figured why not go to LBU and grab a guy in Carson who is very active. Penn State has a knack for producing superstar LB's so I'll happily take Carson.

Depth Chart:

QB: Bradford/Hundley
    RB: Stacy/Cunningham/DRICH/Pead
    FB: Harkey
    TE: Cook/Kendricks/Harkey/McNeill
    WR: Bailey/Quick
    WR: Coleman/Givens
    Slot: Austin/Pettis
    LT: Long/Henderson
    LG: Williams/Smith
    C: Mack/Jones
    RG: Saffold/Smith
    RT: Barksdale/Henderson
    DE: Quinn/Sims
    DT: Nix/Cudjo
    DT: Brockers/Conrath
    DE: Long/Hayes/Webster
    SLB: Perryman/Dunbar
    MLB: Laurinaitis/Bates
    WLB: Ogletree/Armstrong
    CB: Dennard/McGee
    CB: Tru/Pointer
    SlotCB: Jenkins/Pointer
    FS: Byrd/McLeod
    SS: McDonald/Stewart
    K: GZ
    P: Hekker
    LS: McQuaide

What do you guys think?
    Tampa_Ram, Vinnie25 and Randart like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Randart is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Mock Post Dub!

Not as glamorous as some would like but it sure fills out the roster with some intriguing prospects and nice signings too! Fills about every need I know of on our team well thought out in that department. If this happened I would be happy with it for sure. Will be fun to see what the rest of the guys think...

PS: The Skins lost a toe tapper today they are really coming through as some of us predicted they would this season for that I am most greatful indeed! A Gift that keeps on giving, it is like Xmas... Go Skins Go! LOL
    sosa39rams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post
    Not as glamorous as some would like but it sure fills out the roster with some intriguing prospects and nice signings too! Fills about every need I know of on our team well thought out in that department. If this happened I would be happy with it for sure. Will be fun to see what the rest of the guys think...

PS: The Skins lost a toe tapper today they are really coming through as some of us predicted they would this season for that I am most greatful indeed! A Gift that keeps on giving, it is like Xmas... Go Skins Go! LOL
    Man it's great! For one time we don't have to absolutely SUCK and we can still get a top 3 pick! Les Snead used that 2-14 season to perfection.
    Randart likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Thanks for sharing this! Projections are always fun to consider.

Trade to Cleveland seems reasonable and a good deal for the Browns, who get to keep their second first-round pick.

I'm convinced Saffold will want to test the market, but if no one will give him left tackle money, he may be convinced to return here to play guard.

I think Byrd and Mack's contracts ultimately end up being a bit more expensive, but you're not terribly off so that's a minor issue.

The first round of the mock certainly addresses two big defensive needs. Dennard is a quality prospect who could help this defense, and an interior of Brockers and Nix is quite appealing.

In Round Two, I like Coleman but I think you're being incredibly optimistic by saying he'll start as a rookie in your projected depth chart. He reminds me of Quick to a lesser extent in that he's going to need some refinement and may need some time to develop in order to allow those physical tools to translate.

There's a large part of me that thinks if Hundley is a projected Day Two guy, he just stays at UCLA.

The rest of the mock looks fine, seems a bit D-heavy, but with Bradford coming back to a team with a legit running game, maybe you don't need more than a piece here or there offensively.

Just for the record I don't even really want to get rid of guys like Langford and Finnegan, I just did this mock as an example of something that is possible and could happen. I prefer to keep Langford as I am not disappointed by his tenure here. Same goes for Cort. I feel like this year was a fluke in a rather spectacular career.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Thanks for sharing this! Projections are always fun to consider.

Trade to Cleveland seems reasonable and a good deal for the Browns, who get to keep their second first-round pick.

I'm convinced Saffold will want to test the market, but if no one will give him left tackle money, he may be convinced to return here to play guard.

I think Byrd and Mack's contracts ultimately end up being a bit more expensive, but you're not terribly off so that's a minor issue.

The first round of the mock certainly addresses two big defensive needs. Dennard is a quality prospect who could help this defense, and an interior of Brockers and Nix is quite appealing.

In Round Two, I like Coleman but I think you're being incredibly optimistic by saying he'll start as a rookie in your projected depth chart. He reminds me of Quick to a lesser extent in that he's going to need some refinement and may need some time to develop in order to allow those physical tools to translate.

There's a large part of me that thinks if Hundley is a projected Day Two guy, he just stays at UCLA.

The rest of the mock looks fine, seems a bit D-heavy, but with Bradford coming back to a team with a legit running game, maybe you don't need more than a piece here or there offensively.
    Saffold would be smart to test the market as a LT first. I really hope we can lock him up and just get it done as he's been spectacular at RG.

Coleman may or may not start. Maybe I was pushing it on the depth chart. I feel like he has a special combination of size and speed to go along with the essentials (route running and hands) giving him the nod over guys who have shown an inability to run a route or catch a ball (Givens, Quick). It will be an ALL OUT brawl next year for the starting WR spots and playing time. Bailey has looked good. Austin HAS to be out there. Pettis has reached his ceiling though is reliable. Quick has huge potential. Givens showing the most of any guy as a rookie, regressing big time this year. It'll be interesting to say the least.

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

1 - Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St: The top CB in the draft goes to the Rams at #8!
    I'm just not sure I'd want the Rams to spend the #8 pick on a guy that is most likely the 3rd or 4th best corner in a down class. Dennard's a quality player, but I don't see the value at #8.

Love the Nix pick, though.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm just not sure I'd want the Rams to spend the #8 pick on a guy that is most likely the 3rd or 4th best corner in a down class. Dennard's a quality player, but I don't see the value at #8.

Love the Nix pick, though.
    As of right now I think Dennard is the top guy, which is why I'm taking him there in the mock. When I get around to watching more tape as well as the combine and interviews, someone else may emerge with the top spot.
    Mikey likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

There are several things I like (signing Mack, drafting Nix and Perryman), but I agree that Dennard at #8 is a bit high, and Byrd is probably looking for more money than you have projected.

As a general statement, I'm not wild about mocks that include trades. Too many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    There are several things I like (signing Mack, drafting Nix and Perryman), but I agree that Dennard at #8 is a bit high, and Byrd is probably looking for more money than you have projected.

As a general statement, I'm not wild about mocks that include trades. Too many variables.
    It is hard to hit with trades, but to me it almost looks inevitable. Why sit at #2 when we can slide back and still get players we need, right?

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I agree that a trade is highly likely. To whom and for what, though, is hard to predict.

Rambos is online now Registered User

There are a lot of off-season moves I like.

Really like Jairus Byrd and re-signing Rodger Saffold would be a good off-season.

There has to be a time when the Rams don't need to start three rookie one either side of the ball. Having three rookies out there would make me feels like we are spinning our wheels. I would hope with the addition of Byrd we would at least start the year with no rookies starters on the defense.

Tim Barnes is looking good lets see how he finishes maybe just maybe he is re-signed. I know you don't like this Sosa but this would let us cut Wells and Dahal.

LT: Long
    LG: Jones
    C: Barnes
    RG: Saffold
    RT: Matthews

Draft another C/G this year to compete with Jones. Having Barksdale on the bench gives us some much needed depth. A far cry from where we where two years ago.

Interesting draft well throughout good job.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-16-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    There are a lot of off-season I like.

Really like Jairus Byrd and re-signing Rodger Saffold would be a good off-season.

There has to be a time when the Rams don't need to start three rookie one either side of the ball. Having three rookies out there would make me feels like we are spinning our wheels. I would hope with the addition of Byrd we would at least start the year with no rookies starters on the defense.

Tim Barnes is looking good lets see how he finishes maybe just maybe he is re-signed. I know you don't like this Sosa but this would let us cut Wells and Dahal.

LT: Long
    LG: Jones
    C: Barnes
    RG: Saffold
    RT: Matthews

Draft another C/G this year to compete with Jones. Having Barksdale on the bench gives us some much needed depth. A far cry from where we where two years ago.

Interesting draft well throughout good job.
    If we slide down to #8, I don't think we'll be able to pick Jake Matthews. IMO he'll be gone by then. Outside of that, I wouldn't be against taking Matthews as he offers good value there, but at #2 I surely would not take him. Even at #8 I'd have to think long and hard about it.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    If we slide down to #8, I don't think we'll be able to pick Jake Matthews. IMO he'll be gone by then. Outside of that, I wouldn't be against taking Matthews as he offers good value there, but at #2 I surely would not take him. Even at #8 I'd have to think long and hard about it.
    I agree, you went in a different direction then I'd go and the Rams might go D. They have won moire games with the D then the O this year. I would like to slid to four and get Matthews and a second rounder to get a guard as well.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Hey Sosa,
    Great job with the well thought out plan......

sign Saffold......
    restructure Sam contract
    Quinn ...whatever it takes!! to lock him up long term as a Ram

Like your idea about trading the number 2 pick.....this would continue to be the gift that keeps on giving from the Skins !!!

I think we can get a QB in the 3rd and/or 4th that has good potential. I like Fales from SJSU

Thanks again for the thought provoking message!!
    sosa39rams likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast