Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

  1. #1
    MoStateRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    What do you guys think? The Rams are JUST on the outside of the Luke Joeckel Sweepstakes, and even if Taylor Llewan comes out, does Fischer really just want to go with second best?

    But then comes the question of who you trade with and if Joeckel would be worth giving up both first round picks. Which is possibly what theyd have to do. I dunno, weird situation. Part of me hopes Joeckel falls a bit and the Rams "overreach" to get him, but that probably wont happen unless he bombs the combine.


  2. #2
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    no, there are a lot of really good tackles. I'd be fine with sitting where we are and taking either Lewan or JOeckel.

    We have too many needs to sacrifice picks.

  3. #3
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,142
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    no, there are a lot of really good tackles. I'd be fine with sitting where we are and taking either Lewan or JOeckel.

    We have too many needs to sacrifice picks.
    We are at 15 now so we will not have a shot at Joeckel unless we move up. Most have him in the top five.

  4. #4
    supachump is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    san fran
    Age
    45
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoStateRam View Post
    What do you guys think? The Rams are JUST on the outside of the Luke Joeckel Sweepstakes, and even if Taylor Llewan comes out, does Fischer really just want to go with second best?

    But then comes the question of who you trade with and if Joeckel would be worth giving up both first round picks. Which is possibly what theyd have to do. I dunno, weird situation. Part of me hopes Joeckel falls a bit and the Rams "overreach" to get him, but that probably wont happen unless he bombs the combine.
    I'd be p*ss** if they traded the two first rounders to move up to get him. I don't care how good someone grades out to be. We have needs in too many places!
    ManofGod likes this.

  5. #5
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Why this draft talk with 5 games left? Can we please wait until after the season is over? Thanks.


    gap
    ramsanddodgers and BarronWade like this.

  6. #6
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Why this draft talk with 5 games left? Can we please wait until after the season is over? Thanks.


    gap

    Or at least put it in the proper forum.

  7. #7
    ramsanddodgers's Avatar
    ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Why this draft talk with 5 games left? Can we please wait until after the season is over? Thanks.


    gap
    Can I get an AMEN?!?!?
    RnD

    GO RAMS!!

  8. #8
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    We are at 15 now so we will not have a shot at Joeckel unless we move up. Most have him in the top five.
    I meant to type Matthews. My bad but either way we'd have to move up 10 spots as of now and that would cost us our first, our 2nd and probably a fourth and fifth. That's way to high a cost when we could get Matthews with our 2nd first rounder.

    I'd much rather have
    Jake Matthews 1st round
    Justin Hunter 2nd round
    Peter Konz 4th or 5th round

    then just have Luke Joeckel.

  9. #9
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,452
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Nope, we have needs at a polished WR, RT, interior linemen, S, and OLB

  10. #10
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Coach Fisher will be fine with staying pat i think. Chance Warmack and Taylor Lewan would be my picks but if both us and the Skins keep winning we`ll be out of their range too,then maybe they`d trade up or they could go OG Jonathon Cooper ,a saftey like Amerson and then RT Ricky Wagner in the 2nd.

    i`d agree with Flip but would put a stud TE instead of WR. i like the progress Kendricks is making but am a fan of 2TE-2WR sets.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -12-01-2012 at 07:59 PM.

  11. #11
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,592
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Or at least put it in the proper forum.
    Aaaaaaaaaaand done!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  12. #12
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    Coach Fisher will be fine with staying pat i think. Chance Warmack and Taylor Lewan would be my picks but if both us and the Skins keep winning we`ll be out of their range too,then maybe they`d trade up or they could go OG Jonathon Cooper ,a saftey like Amerson and then RT Ricky Wagner in the 2nd.

    i`d agree with Flip but would put a stud TE instead of WR. i like the progress Kendricks is making but am a fan of 2TE-2WR sets.
    there's no way we take two offensive linemen in the first round.

  13. #13
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    there's no way we take two offensive linemen in the first round.
    Why not its been done before

  14. #14
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Why not its been done before
    because we have way too many needs and Fisher has never even been part of a team that took one offensive linemen.

    Plus our line isn't that bad. If we get Matthews to plug our RT hole then I'd be completely fine with Saffold/Turner/Wells/Dahl/Matthews going in to next year.

    I'd be much more interested in grabbing an offensive playmaker, a safety or an outside linebacker.
    BrokenWing, Tampa_Ram and Haste like this.

  15. #15
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

    i think there`s too much focus on what coaches and GM`s have done in the past. Fisher is a good football guy him and Snead will take who they think will help us most not follow some pattern from their previous jobs.
    in this years draft there will be a few OT`s with 1st round value and there`s also Chance Warmack whose a very good OG and definate 1st round talent. it may be that when the season is done that both our picks end up being out of range to get Warmack so they won`t take him but it won`t be because of what they have done elsewhere.

    with the new rookie salary cap in place it opens the draft board up to truly take the BPA at whatever positions they want rather than have to spread the money around. we spent the big money on Bradford,it`s overdue that we find good protection for him. Saftey position may mean we take one of those in the first because there`s alot of talent in that group i don`t see them taking an OLB before the 3rd and i don`t see them taking a WR either.a TE maybe..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -11-13-2012, 12:31 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: -01-11-2012, 10:40 AM
  3. LA move is unlikely for Rams
    By RamFan_Til_I_Die in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: -06-17-2009, 02:15 AM
  4. Rams need to move out of St. Louis !!
    By soup1981 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: -01-31-2009, 02:35 AM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: -05-26-2008, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •