throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

If we don't address WR either in free agency or the draft in the FIRST or SECOND round, we will have failed our offense.

Again. Time to stop drafting 3rd and 4th round wide receivers.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams move up to get Joeckel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i think there`s too much focus on what coaches and GM`s have done in the past. Fisher is a good football guy him and Snead will take who they think will help us most not follow some pattern from their previous jobs.
    in this years draft there will be a few OT`s with 1st round value and there`s also Chance Warmack whose a very good OG and definate 1st round talent. it may be that when the season is done that both our picks end up being out of range to get Warmack so they won`t take him but it won`t be because of what they have done elsewhere.

with the new rookie salary cap in place it opens the draft board up to truly take the BPA at whatever positions they want rather than have to spread the money around. we spent the big money on Bradford,it`s overdue that we find good protection for him. Saftey position may mean we take one of those in the first because there`s alot of talent in that group i don`t see them taking an OLB before the 3rd and i don`t see them taking a WR either.a TE maybe..
    the past is a far greater predictor of what we'll do than our speculation is. With how many holes this offense has I see absolutely no reason to think we'll take two offensive linemen in the top 15.

It's quite obvious NFL analysts and personnel men do not value guards like fans do. It would be a big mistake, imo, for us to shore up our line and still leave our offense lacking playmakers. Great playmakers minimize the impact great linemen have anyways. People get over obsessed with fixing the line. We don't need a stand out at every position on the line. If we get Matthews we should have one of the better lines in the NFL.

Btw we will be in Warmack range. There has not been a guard drafted in the top 10 in over ten years and only one over the last ten years taken in the top 20. They just aren't valued as highly as OLB, TE, tackles or WR are.
    Last edited by mcpeepants232003; -12-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Rams move up to get Joeckel?

Yeah I think the second pick is doable for Warmack but I also think Travis Frederick from Wisconsin is worth a look with the second rounder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12