Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rams Off-season

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Rams Off-season

In this mock, we will re-sign Rodger Saffold for (RG), Chris Williams (LG), and Jo-Lonn Dunbar (LB). We will also sign WR Anquan Boldin for 2 years 12 million.

*Rams trade their pick to Tampa Bay who desperately needs pass rushing help and will love grabbing DE Jadeveon Clowney. The Rams give TB the #2 pick, and receive the #7 pick, 2nd round pick, 2015's 3rd round pick, and 2015's 5th round pick.

1.07 - Greg Robinson, OT, AUB: Robinson is a BEAST. He and Matthews are very close and Robinson may actually edge him out. Robinson is a prototypical LT and can be a stalwart for us. Immediate starter at LT. He can be a finesse pass blocker and a mean run blocker. He's going to be special with his massive growth potential.

1.13 - Darqueze Dennard, CB, MICHST: Dennard is the top CB in this draft. He has special abilities. He's got loose hips and can change directions very quickly. He's excellent at whipping his head around and making a play on the ball. Dennard is a guy with true shut down capabilities.

2 - LaMarcus Joyner, FS, FSU: Joyner is one of my highest rated players in this draft. He may be small, but he does not play small. A missile, Joyner can absolutely lay the wood, and likes to. He is very physical and will crack you. Apparently he is the hardest working individual off the field too. Perfect player to finish the back end.

2 - Aaron Donald, DT, PITT: Donald is a little undersized at 280 lbs, but he makes up for it with his lightning quick first step. He is the best pass rushing DT and absolutely slaughters OG's and C's right off the snap. If Donald was a bit bigger he'd be a top 20 pick for sure.

3 - Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers: Coleman is as close to Calvin Johnson as it gets. Coleman is 6'5 and 220 lbs. Good speed and a good route runner Coleman was severely underused at Rutgers. Coleman has huge potential and is a true outside the numbers threat.

4 - Seantrel Henderson, OT/OG, Miami: I take Henderson here and switch him from OT to OG. Henderson is a mammoth at 6'7 and 345 lbs. As you can imagine his run blocking is absolute dominance, though he needs help with pass pro. He's big and can fall flat on his face, which is why he's being moved to OG. That alone will help him tremendously. Talk about a power running game, going behind Henderson will be a terrific idea.

5 - Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio: Miller is a work in progress. He is extremely mobile and will awe you with his athleticism. He's got a strengthy arm and can make the throws. He is not a bad decision maker. He will make an excellent backup QB at this point. Sit behind Sam and continue the development and learn the offense.

6 - Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, BC: Pierre-Louis has some quick movements to him. He's got impressive range and can go side to side very quickly. Durability issues and lacking prototypical size will slide him down here to us.

7 - Avery Williamson, ILB, Kentucky: A big hitter thumper type of LB, Williamson is purely a ST guy and practice squad developmental player.

D/C:

QB: Bradford/Miller
    RB: Stacy/Cunningham
    FB: Harkey
    TE: Cook/Kendricks
    WR: Boldin/Quick
    WR: Bailey/Coleman
    Slot: Austin/Givens
    LT: Robinson/Long
    LG: Henderson/Williams
    C: Jones/Barnes
    RG: Saffold/Williams
    RT: Barksdale/Long
    LE: Long/Hayes
    DT: Langford/Donald
    DT: Brockers/Donald
    RE: Quinn/Sims
    OLB: Dunbar/Pierre-Louis
    MLB: Laurinaitis/Williamson
    OLB: Ogletree/Pierre-Louis
    CB: Dennard/McGee
    CB: Johnson/Pointer
    Slot: Jenkins/McGee
    FS: Joyner/McLeod
    SS: McDonald/Davis
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -01-02-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Rambos and Tampa_Ram like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Off-season

Well hot dam!!! Sign me up!!!!!!!!!

Would of liked to see another CB added later in the draft, but thats just me nitpicking. Great mock IMO.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Works for me.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I like it!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Bouldin isn't ever going to sign with us. And we only get an extra 2 rounder for dropping five slots? I'd rather stay put and get Matthews.
    HUbison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Bouldin isn't ever going to sign with us. And we only get an extra 2 rounder for dropping five slots? I'd rather stay put and get Matthews.
    No, we don't only get a 2nd rounder. We get a 3rd rounder as well as a 5th round pick for flexibility in next year's draft. When the Rams traded back 2 years ago with the Cowboys we slid down 8 picks and only received an extra second....

And why would Boldin not sign with us? That is a pretty definitive statement that I bet has no merit.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

By the Trade Value Chart, that's not a very good deal: (2,600 points in exchange for approximately 2,285 points). I think we could do better than that (maybe two 2nd round picks and a Day 3 selection).
    Randart likes this.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I love the offseason plan but I doubt we'd have the cap room for Saffold, Williams, Dunbar and Boldin which would require at least $15 million plus in cap room.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    By the Trade Value Chart, that's not a very good deal: (2,600 points in exchange for approximately 2,285 points). I think we could do better than that (maybe two 2nd round picks and a Day 3 selection).
    The trade value chart is severely outdated. Not to mention that TB is trading up for a DE, not QB, thus lowering their "desperation".

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    I love the offseason plan but I doubt we'd have the cap room for Saffold, Williams, Dunbar and Boldin which would require at least $15 million plus in cap room.
    Williams and Dunbar will cost 2.5 mill a year. Boldin I have him at 6 per, Saffold probably around 5-6. Total there would be 14.5 million, which can easily be created. Releasing Wells and Dahl (Moves I'm in favour of) will create 9 mill in cap room alone. With Dennard being added in the draft I'd assume Finnegan would be on his way out as well adding an additional 7 million, bringing our total to 16 million.

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The trade value chart is severely outdated. Not to mention that TB is trading up for a DE, not QB, thus lowering their "desperation".
    Feel free to say that, but most trades will fall pretty close to the trade value chart.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Saying the TVC is "outdated" is meaningless. You have to say how its changed.

You imply that the the change is that high draft choices (i.e. the Rams #2 pick) are overvalued under the TVC, which would explain why you would propose a less-than-equal trade down to No. 7.

The problem is, if it is outdated, the reverse would be true. In recent years, since the price of Top 5 players was greatly reduced, the value of top 5 selections would be increased. Thus, if my TVC analysis of your proposed trade is "outdated," then under an updated TVC the deal would actually be worse for the Rams.

As I said, I think we can do better than that.
    Randart likes this.

Randart is offline Registered User

I also belive Boldin would not sign with the Rams as we stand today... He would want imho a team that is hot from the playoffs or was closer than we were last season. Also I would as soon keep on drafting young WR to go with our young team. Find me a Boldin type prospect in the draft then we might have something Sosa. I liked most of the rest but in all these mock drafts we never get another RB I still believe we could use one as not sure what status Peadster has with this team going forward. Hey did you see that kid on Alabama last nite 6'3" RB who can run away from DB's wow! Henry is going to be fun to keep track of when he comes up for the draft in a couple years. If he can get through College with minimal injuries he will be a stud in the NFL imo. Thanks for your thoughts and hopes for the coming off season we all have some...

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Saying the TVC is "outdated" is meaningless. You have to say how its changed.

You imply that the the change is that high draft choices (i.e. the Rams #2 pick) are overvalued under the TVC, which would explain why you would propose a less-than-equal trade down to No. 7.

The problem is, if it is outdated, the reverse would be true. In recent years, since the price of Top 5 players was greatly reduced, the value of top 5 selections would be increased. Thus, if my TVC analysis of your proposed trade is "outdated," then under an updated TVC the deal would actually be worse for the Rams.

As I said, I think we can do better than that.
    Well, guess what? I'm pretty sure Lovie Smith and his new GM won't be sitting in their draft room on the phone saying to Snead and Fisher: "Well c'mon now, that's too many points according to the trade value chart! We refuse!".... At the end of the day things are valued according to what people are willing to pay for them, and if we can only get a 7th round pick for this hypothetical trade, then that's all it's worth.

You either take the deal you're offered, or you don't. And at this point (where we're at) I would think it's a pretty dumb idea to pass up on extra premium picks when we don't need to pick at #2.

THE DREAM TEAM

Randart is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Well, guess what? I'm pretty sure Lovie Smith and his new GM won't be sitting in their draft room on the phone saying to Snead and Fisher: "Well c'mon now, that's too many points according to the trade value chart! We refuse!".... At the end of the day things are valued according to what people are willing to pay for them, and if we can only get a 7th round pick for this hypothetical trade, then that's all it's worth.You either take the deal you're offered, or you don't. And at this point (where we're at) I would think it's a pretty dumb idea to pass up on extra premium picks when we don't need to pick at #2.

Not necessarily true I have heard of discussions going back and forth when a pick is being bidded upoun by multiple teams, which I trully believe ours might be come draft day. So taking the first offer is not always what happens or so I have heard before. And I believe our pick will be worth a premium price not a low ball effort so we disagree there. I don't think AvR and Hub are far from the mark when they say we should get more I believe we might beat the chart value come draft day for this pick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast