View Poll Results: Assuming the Rams don't trade down, who should they take with the 1st overall pick?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ndamukong Suh (DT, Nebraska)

85 87.63%
  • Eric Berry (DB, Tennessee)

1 1.03%
  • Gerald McCoy (DT, Okalahoma)

0 0%
  • Russell Okung (OT, Oklahoma State)

0 0%
  • Sam Bradford (QB, Oklahoma)

3 3.09%
  • Jimmy Clausen (QB, Notre Dame)

8 8.25%
  • Dez Bryant (WR, Oklahoma State)

0 0%
  • Other (please respond & specify)

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: The Rams are officially on the clock!

Suh by far. Whenever you watch football and see these top tier DT's, you always wish you had one. And this is our chance. You are talking Warren Sapp talent. He is going to almost demand a double team and it will open up Chris Long to make huge plays. You just can't pass on this kind of talent.

I don't think there are any QB's worth the #1 spot anyways. We took the shot with waiting it out for Laurinaitis last year, we can take a shot in waiting for a QB in round two.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

RamHusker is offline Registered User

My feelings on this are: "Mr. Suh, welcome to St. Louis. Now get out there and crush some QBs!"

We will still have some options at QB in round 2. The combines will tell us a lot about who the best QBs are. Personally, I could suck it up with Bulger for another year if it meant getting Suh, and perhaps going after Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet, Case Keenum (U of Houston) or Kellen Moore (Boise St.) next year. I just feel it would be foolish, and perhaps reckless if we pass on a player like Ndamukong Suh.

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

It would be a delight to see Suh wrapped up much like Mario Williams, Jake Long, et al before draft day even started. That is an anti-climactic opening that I would still be giddy to watch.

Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

Suh 100% maybe...if the rams think claussen or bradford or whomever are a FRANCHISE qb then gotta take the q, our offence is abysmal!! getting a few first downs (resting the defensive players) also helps the defence

If suh in the first, the offense needs to get some help in FA, or the later rounds.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User
    O Heck ya, Suh is a no brainer!!! There will be QB's who fall to the 2nd round, there will be QB's in the offseason, and there will be QB's in the next draft. We won't miss out.

Getting Suh will be like getting a bunch of all stars. Everybody around him will suddenly be awesome!!!

The Rams would have to get an awful lot of picks for me to be okay with passing up Suh. Suh will definitely make everyone around him more effective, and you can't say that about any other player in this draft.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-04-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Merging back to back posts

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I would rather go for a playmaker with the first pick but there doesn't seem to be better playmaker this year than Suh. This team needs offense about as bad as Gordon Ramsey needs a mute button on live tv.

viper is online now Registered User

There is no question in my mind. We have to get Suh. Having Suh, Carriker/Ryan & Long on the defensive line will create the kind of havok that Spags is known for. With Spags being a defensive minded coach I'm hoping that he and Devaney realize just how great Suh would make our defense.

There is no doubt that we need some big time help on the offensive side of the ball. But, there will be opportunities to address that in free agency and later in the draft.

Don't mess this one up, DeSpags!!!

shower beers is offline Registered User

When thinking more about this today, I was trying to remember when a player was such a clear standout choice like Suh is this year. Sure, there were obvious picks, like Stafford last year, but it was was hard to argue that he was the top overall talent in the draft.

Maybe it can be argued that Reggie Bush had the same sort of hype around him, but I don't think it was as much hype as Suh is already getting.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I think right now I cannot remember such an obvious choice for top pick.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I would Love getting SUH , "BUT" Trade Down.

Suh or Clausen won't save this Rams team.

I would be happy trading 1st pick to the Bucs for there 1st, 2nd, & 3rd round picks.
    The Lions already have the franchise QB. The Rams have a 50/50 chance they won't take DT G. McCoy and take OT. R. Okung to protect that franchise QB.

I wouldn't mind dropping back 1 more time, to around the 6th-9th pick for another 2nd or 3rd rd pick and take (C.J. Spiller) in the 1st.

First of all the Rams should pick the Best available player that fits in the SYSTEM Rams run.

Free agents 1. TE Tony Scheffler
    2.OLB Derrick Johson
    Have to give QB. K. Null some weapons to work with.

Then my draft
    1st pick C.J. Spiller
    2nd (a) DE. Greg Romeus or Carlos Dunlap
    (b) OT. Gabe Carimi
    3rd (a) WR. Eric Decker or DE J. Pierre-Paul
    (b) DT Marvin Austin
    4th DE. Austin Lane
    5th (a) QB Rusty Smith
    (b) G Thomas Austin

I fill it atleast takes 2-3 years in the NFL before you see a players full potential.
    In a 2back set comming out of the backfeild it would be a scary sight S-Jackson (the bruising back) and C.J. Spiller (the speed).
    TE Scheffler enough said.
    Who do you cover in the flats? Great options for rookie QB.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

The Classic Trade Down......Problem you have to find a sucker willing to give up the picks and the BIG GUARANTEE MONEY......

Suh or Clausen won't save this Rams team

Not sure how a back up running back will be the savior? OR the other couple picks:
    OT Gabe Carimi
    DT Marvin Austin
    G Thomas Austin

The Rams have a chance to select the BEST DT to come out of college in decades. At this time the Rams can hide alot of problem areas by acquiring elite talent in some others. Unless, these other players are surprisling talented the Rams IMHO would only benefit from selecting the Orlando Pace of this years draft who plays on the other side of the ball.

Go Rams
    Last edited by Dominating D; -01-05-2010 at 12:12 AM.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Suh will be the best chance for a quick turn around. If we could use Jackson to control the ball and he is the defensive presence they all talk about the boys might win a cpl next year. From what I am hearing this is the type of player that only comes around once in awhile.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

LARAM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    If Suh is the BPA, then we must take him and not get side-tracked by Jimmy Clausen, no matter how much we need to get a franchise QB. Bulger is still under contract and the cap hit of releasing him is not worth it IMO. We can find a QB in subsequent rounds and develop him rather than waste a very valuable pick on a less than stellar QB.

Go Rams!
    I completely agree with you. The management is not going to just dump the contract of Bulger. He is probably about the best QB we could have with the amount of money we are locked into at this time.

I have a feeling Marc Bulger will be starting under center in the Fall. I think the draft is going to look somethng like this....Suh, OL, and defense.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Given how highly rated Suh seems to be and the uncertainty surrounding the top quarterback prospects, right now I'd be strongly inclined to take him in the first and look for McCoy or Pike at the top of the second.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Given how highly rated Suh seems to be and the uncertainty surrounding the top quarterback prospects, right now I'd be strongly inclined to take him in the first and look for McCoy or Pike at the top of the second.
    That's exactly how I feel right now 'Fleece. However, if other prospects prove themselves as playmakers, I can see a slight possibility that a team would be willing to trade up to secure Suh, who the media go as far as saying he is the best defensive prospect coming out of college of this decade. With hype like that surrounding him, I can see a team feel they need to do anything possible to get him.
    Last edited by eric2810; -01-05-2010 at 03:02 AM.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    The Classic Trade Down......Problem you have to find a sucker willing to give up the picks and the BIG GUARANTEE MONEY......

Suh or Clausen won't save this Rams team

Not sure how a back up running back will be the savior? OR the other couple picks:
    OT Gabe Carimi
    DT Marvin Austin
    G Thomas Austin

The Rams have a chance to select the BEST DT to come out of college in decades. At this time the Rams can hide alot of problem areas by acquiring elite talent in some others. Unless, these other players are surprisling talented the Rams IMHO would only benefit from selecting the Orlando Pace of this years draft who plays on the other side of the ball.

Go Rams
    C.J. Spiller would not be a backup to SJ. It would be a 2 back set.
    With TE Tony Scheffler (from Denver) a real receiving threat. That would give the QB some options to throw to out of the backfield.

I think rams need of a speed rushing DE more than a DT. AC & Ryan have 3years and D. Scott has 1year of playing time . They are just showing how good they will be in this league.

Who will be the speed rushing DE on the Rams? Long "No" . I think he is real good but not a great speed rushing DE.

I would take SUH anyday before taking a QB in the first. That just means another really bad record. Jake Locker comming out next year.
    Last edited by Shan the Ram Man; -01-05-2010 at 04:23 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast