Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rams picks round 1-3 thoughts

sntlouisrams is offline Registered User

Rams picks round 1-3 thoughts

Round 1
    Jarvis Jones (dropping due to medicals but rams seem ok with him)
    Jonathan Cooper (think on combine performance n flying under radar all season hed be a steal)

Round 2

Robert Woods ( good year last year good combine)

Round 3

Bacarri Rambo (may be gone by our pick)

Think this addresses needs albeit a risk in round 1 but if hes cleares by our teams doctors jarvis jones coukd be a steal.

Thoughts????

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams picks round 1-3 thoughts

Cooper and Rambo are going to do great in the NFL but not sure about the other two.jarvis Jones reminds me way to much of Vernon ghoulston.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -02-24-2013 at 10:23 PM.

richtree is offline Registered User

We have 2 first round picks, did you forget ? I don't want a defensive player (especially outside LB) in round 1 and even more-so not a guy with injuries....

Looking more and more like Woods won't make it to us in Round 2....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    We have 2 first round picks, did you forget ?
    He's projecting the Rams take both Jarvis Jones and Jonathan Cooper...

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He's projecting the Rams take both Jarvis Jones and Jonathan Cooper...
    I swear that didn't come up the first time., lool
    Nick likes this.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sntlouisrams View Post
    Round 1
    Jarvis Jones
    Jonathan Cooper

Round 2

Robert Woods ( good year last year good combine)

Round 3
    Bacarri Rambo (may be gone by our pick)

Thoughts????
    I like the first round selections, Jarvis Jones could be what lifts the LB unit from good to great, and would help add even more of a pass rush from the LB position. Woods is one of those guys that just straight up produces. I think he could slip into the 3rd round, and we could take a guy like Matt Elam in the 2nd. I see Elam as a better playmaker than former UF safety Major Wright. Him and Jenkins would definitely be flying all over the field.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I obviously love your first pick in Jarvis. Guy is a good run stopper and takes blocks on extremely well. Not to mention he is amazing at rushing the passer. Imagine sending him on blitzes and letting him go after the QB on 3rd down? Wow.

I like the Johnathon Cooper pick too. Guy was VERY sharp in his interviews. Sounds like a very intelligent, well-spoken guy. Have no doubt in my mind that he would make an excellent pro. Plus, he's played in both a MBS and ZBS so he is versatile.

Woods I'm not very high on. He's a guy that'll need 2-3 years to develop in my opinion (if he does at all). He would make a great #2 in this league, but I don't think he could be the #1 for a team like the Rams, or the Dolphins.

Rambo is ok. I've got no beef with the pick. He has been very good in the turnover department. He has pretty good range and could play alongside the in the box SS Mikell. The problem is he has some off the field issues, plus he isn't great at tackling.

THE DREAM TEAM

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post

Rambo is ok. I've got no beef with the pick. He has been very good in the turnover department. He has pretty good range and could play alongside the in the box SS Mikell. The problem is he has some off the field issues, plus he isn't great at tackling.
    Sosa Bacarri Would like a few words with you.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I obviously love your first pick in Jarvis. Guy is a good run stopper and takes blocks on extremely well. Not to mention he is amazing at rushing the passer. Imagine sending him on blitzes and letting him go after the QB on 3rd down? Wow.
    I'm imagining receivers running free when the blitz gets picked up.

We led the league in sacks. I'm just not sure that a blitzing 3-4 LB prospect with the same health problems that retired Marcus McNeill after 6 seasons is where we need to spend our 1st round pick. Especially with playmakers needed on the other side of the ball.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

I would enjoy these picks if they fell that way.

Jarvis Jones is an intriguing case, as he seems to be projected all over the place right now. He apparently came out with a favorable evaluation of his neck, and some teams are still very interested while some allegedly have him off their boards entirely. It's impossible to predict right now, but he could very well see a slide. The same now with Star Lotulelei, though I find it harder to see us taking another DT in round 1 this year. If our staff is completely satisfied with him medically, I would love the pick. I know it's part of Fisher's defensive scheme, but if we could have Mikell back in coverage a bit more and not having to rush as often, I think we'd be in good shape. Jones could provide this.

Cooper is someone to me who is doing everything right at the combine, and could possibly be gone before our second pick. I love the versatility and athleticism he offers, and would be a good pickup if Warmack is off the board during our first pick. I'm still not ready to project an OL to us in the first round though, until Fisher proves me wrong.

Woods might be gone at that point in the second, as he's also doing all the right things at the combine. I would be satisfied with him or any of the available Wrs at this point though.

Would be very happy with the Rambo pick there, or if he's gone, maybe Jefferson or McDonald. I think Phillip Thomas is gone by the point, or he'd be my first choice.

Good thoughts on this!

general counsel is offline Registered User

My picks for the first round. Two of the following: Warmack (if by some miracle he falls to us) or Cooper, Fluker or Johnson and Vaccaro. I have no problem with two offensive linemen at 16 and 22. If we resign Jackson and improve the offensive line, i think our receivers are going to look at lot better.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I would enjoy these picks if they fell that way.

Jarvis Jones is an intriguing case, as he seems to be projected all over the place right now. He apparently came out with a favorable evaluation of his neck, and some teams are still very interested while some allegedly have him off their boards entirely. It's impossible to predict right now, but he could very well see a slide. The same now with Star Lotulelei, though I find it harder to see us taking another DT in round 1 this year. If our staff is completely satisfied with him medically, I would love the pick. I know it's part of Fisher's defensive scheme, but if we could have Mikell back in coverage a bit more and not having to rush as often, I think we'd be in good shape. Jones could provide this.

Cooper is someone to me who is doing everything right at the combine, and could possibly be gone before our second pick. I love the versatility and athleticism he offers, and would be a good pickup if Warmack is off the board during our first pick. I'm still not ready to project an OL to us in the first round though, until Fisher proves me wrong.

Woods might be gone at that point in the second, as he's also doing all the right things at the combine. I would be satisfied with him or any of the available Wrs at this point though.

Would be very happy with the Rambo pick there, or if he's gone, maybe Jefferson or McDonald. I think Phillip Thomas is gone by the point, or he'd be my first choice.

Good thoughts on this!
    The thing with dropping Mikell back into coverage is your taking away his biggest strength, which is stopping the run, and making him defend the pass, which he's horrible at. I'd much rather draft a ball-hawk type safety like Vaccaro, Cyprien, or Phillip Thomas and pair him with Mikell... of course all this is moot if Mikell doesn't agree to restructure his contract.
    bigdogg2834 likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

If Jarvis Jones starts slipping and the Rams doctors clear him you have to take him at 16; he's one of the most dominant players in the draft and fits an huge area of need. Even though he's most comfortable in a 3-4 scheme, he's athletic and talented enough to play in a 4-3 and I would expect him to dominate there (much like Von Miller does for Denver). One reason I like him is he's really good at defending the read option/pistol, and with Kaepernick and R. Wilson in our division we'll be seeing a lot of it.

I like Cooper at 22, but I'd honestly rather the Rams pick up Tavon Austin instead. Chances are Amendola will be leaving us, and we need someone to replace him in the slot and returning punts. Sure he's on the short side, but he's the most explosive player in the draft and would give our offense something that few teams could defend.

With OLB/WR taken care of with our two 1st rounders, I'd draft the best available safety with our 2nd round pick (Cyprien/Rambo/Phillip Thomas) and then go OL and RB from there. Even though OL does need to eventually be upgraded, I believe with a healthy Rok and Wells coming back and one of the better O-line coaches in the NFL we'll be just fine.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

If Jarvis Jones is best suited for the 3-4, then regardless of health concerns he's the wrong player for us. You're not going to spend a first round pick to play some guy out of position, I don't care what he did in college.

As for Cooper and Woods, sign me up. They are both showing well at the Combine and if their Pro Days are equally good draft 'em. Mike Mayock is very high on both players, for me that is solid. Rambo concerns me due to off-field stuff, but that is something the interview will sort out. There are many safety's to be had in this draft why take on a headache? I prefer Thomas out of Fresno and Swearinger out of SC.

I have a sneaking suspicion we may try to handle the safety issue in FA. I think Jeff Fisher a former DB himself wants to have reliable guys back there and he knows what it takes. I see us restructuring Mikell and making a move for Moore (Falcons), providing we can get him at a reasonable price. Don't forget we've got Les Snead and his Atlanta connections working on our side now.

Go Rams!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm imagining receivers running free when the blitz gets picked up.

We led the league in sacks. I'm just not sure that a blitzing 3-4 LB prospect with the same health problems that retired Marcus McNeill after 6 seasons is where we need to spend our 1st round pick. Especially with playmakers needed on the other side of the ball.
    We'll when we blitzed guys like Mikell and Dunbar we sure as hell didn't see a lot of WR's "running free". Also, I'll HAPPILY take a guy like McNeill (who played 82 games and had 2 pro bowl seasons) over the infamous Tye Hill who managed to play 28 games for us.

My point being is I am not going to pick a guy at #16 that isn't worth taking over a medically cleared Jarvis Jones who could be an all-pro.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast