Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rams picks round 1-3 thoughts

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams picks round 1-3 thoughts

Guys, maybe instead of debating on this nonsense we bring back Craig Dahl?! O_0
    HUbison likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Guys, maybe instead of debating on this nonsense we bring back Craig Dahl?! O_0
    I knew it!!! Zia is Craig Dahl!!!!!!
    HUbison likes this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Risks are worth it. But not a 16th overall pick. I agree with everything Hub said. Pass on Jones. It makes perfect sense. Why not just have more eepth at pass rush de rather than drafting a OLB to help with that. Its not like we run a 3-4. Unless he is there in the second round, pass on Jones and pick bpa needs

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

If Jarvis Jones somehow someway slips to number 16.... The football gods will be smiling on us! And Rambo in round 3 ..... Oh Lord please let it happen!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    1) Why would the Rams spend their pick on a player (Janoris Jenkins) whose off-the-field issues scared away all 32 teams?
    1) Jeff Fisher has shown a penchant for drafting players who carry high risk high reward tags. Pacman Jones anyone?
    1) No it isn't, but he took chances on guys like Janoris Jenkins, Chris Givens, and Trumaine Johnson, all in one year...
    You do realize there's a difference between a willingness to take a risk on a prospect with character red flags and a willingness to take a risk on a prospect with health/injury red flags, right?

I'm willing to take a chance and buy a lottery ticket from time to time. That doesn't mean I'd be willing to take a chance in a game of Russian roulette. Willingly accepting risk in one instance does not prove a willingness to accept it in another.

Now, if you had some examples of Fisher spending high picks on players with injury red flags, then you'd have a point. But bringing up prospects with character issues doesn't really belong in a discussion about taking a risk on a guy who may have health issues.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You do realize there's a difference between a willingness to take a risk on a prospect with character red flags and a willingness to take a risk on a prospect with health/injury red flags, right?

I'm willing to take a chance and buy a lottery ticket from time to time. That doesn't mean I'd be willing to take a chance in a game of Russian roulette. Willingly accepting risk in one instance does not prove a willingness to accept it in another.

Now, if you had some examples of Fisher spending high picks on players with injury red flags, then you'd have a point. But bringing up prospects with character issues doesn't really belong in a discussion about taking a risk on a guy who may have health issues.
    Of course I realize they are different. But at the end of the day, a risk is a risk, and Jeff Fisher has been known to take one or two.

Mind you, at the end of the day this is all hypothetical. I want Jones. Others don't. Am I opposed to selecting someone other than him? No, but they have to be talented.

Two years ago AV mentioned the J.J Watt as a potential Rams pick at #14. Then a lot of us raised the concern of "does he fit into our system?". Mind you, maybe he wouldn't have the same impact he has in Houston, but I'd damn sure like to have him on my team.

In my opinion that makes the fact that Jones played in a 3-4 obsolete. The only other problem is his injury. If the Rams feel he won't have a long and productive career, don't take him. If they feel he can over come it, then spend your pick on him.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Of course I realize they are different. But at the end of the day, a risk is a risk, and Jeff Fisher has been known to take one or two.
    So then the answer is no, you don't. Because you're still trying to treat them as if they're the same thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123