Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams Pre-Draft Visits

Tuesday, Apr. 15 2008

Rams Pre-Draft Visits

The following players are scheduled to arrive at Rams Park today for pre-draft
    visits:

Player Pos. College

Donnie Avery WR Houston

Mackenzy Bernadeau OG Bentley

Andre Caldwell WR Florida

Antoine Cason CB Arizona

Brad Cottam TE Tennessee

Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

Joe Flacco QB Delaware

Charles Godfrey CB Iowa

John Greco G/T Toledo

James Hardy WR Indiana

Chad Henne QB Michigan

Tim Hightower RB Richmond

DeSean Jackson WR California

Mike Jenkins CB South Florida

Chris Johnson RB East Carolina

Tyrell Johnson SS Arkansas State

Trevor Laws DT Notre Dame

Curtis Lofton LB Oklahoma

Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee

Darren McFadden RB Arkansas

Vincent Redd DE/LB Liberty

David Roach FS Texas Christian

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State

Kevin Smith RB Central Florida

Limas Sweed WR Texas

Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Pre-Draft Visits

No Manningham, no Will Franklin(even though he'd be "free" I think), no Kenny Phillips, no Bruce Davis.

I like the two QB's as it makes it seem like we could grab one in the second. Looking to trade down guys?

keith m. klink Guest

Yes , Vince Redd , My Friends!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I can hear the chant now....SWEED.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    No Manningham, no Will Franklin(even though he'd be "free" I think), no Kenny Phillips, no Bruce Davis.

I like the two QB's as it makes it seem like we could grab one in the second. Looking to trade down guys?
    The "no Will Franklin & Bruce Davis" surprises me. However, the no Manningham doesn't. Devaney has put out the vibe of being a Character first kind of exec. And that would leave Manningham out. GMs don't like to be lied to as I understand it.
    Mackenzy Bernadeau OG Bentley
    I pride myself on being reasonably knowledgeable in the draft, at least on par with the average armchair QB. However, I have no freakin' clue who this guy is, or where in the world is Carmen San Diego that Bentley College plays. I guess I can do some research, but does anybody know anything about Bernadeau off the cuff?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mackenzy Bernadeau --- Scott Wright's profile of him, just for my own curiosity.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Actually, we might have already hosted Franklin. In one of the other articles Maui put up, it says we hosted 4 locals last week. Bruce Davis is still a mystery, especially since UCLA had one of the first pro days. They didn't bring Ellis because they don't envision taking him and uhhh... his pro day was recent, that's it!

I understand the character thing, but with the Malcom Kelly(who is understandably not on the list either) issue, I'd think Manningham would be back around our pick value wise. If both of those guys grow up, they'll be great value picks in the mid second.

No clue from me on Berna Mac. I'm surprised we're bringing in Cromartie though. Do we think he's going to somehow be around in the second?

Edit after looking at the profile: AKA Mr. I candidate and instant practice squad member.

Quote Originally Posted by Teke
    No clue from me on Berna Mac. I'm surprised we're bringing in Cromartie though. Do we think he's going to somehow be around in the second?
    Or a contingency plan if somebody in the 7-10 spot offers a "deal we can't refuse" for the #2 spot.

Why wouldn't we bring in Clady, Williams, Otah or Albert then? Speaking of which, what about Merling and Harvey?

I understand the trade down possibility for Cromartie, but we have pressing line needs, yet we aren't bringing in any trade down options for them. Hence my wondering if we think he'll be a 2nd rounder. I would think Talib would be a better choice for that, though again, the character issue rears its ugly head.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Why wouldn't we bring in Clady, Williams, Otah or Albert then? Speaking of which, what about Merling and Harvey?

I understand the trade down possibility for Cromartie, but we have pressing line needs, yet we aren't bringing in any trade down options for them. Hence my wondering if we think he'll be a 2nd rounder. I would think Talib would be a better choice for that, though again, the character issue rears its ugly head.
    Well, Williams is included, but where are Clady and Otah? Excellent question......wish I had a good answer. Maybe it's just a numbers thing. They brought in the blue chippers (except Dorsey) the other day, and I think they can only host 30 total. So maybe there's X number of trade down contingencies (McFadden, Williams, Cromartie), X number of legitimate 2nd & 3rd round picks, X number of day 2 types, and X number of UFAs.

But I'm just guessing.

Ok, I skipped over Williams. So the 8-15 trade down is suspected to be Cromartie or Willams. No consideration for DE though, interesting.

Of course, as you said, they do only have 30 guys they can bring in, so it's a matter of splitting it up between rounds. I guess they like Williams the best in the second tier of OT's. I'd go with Albert just because you know he can play guard and start there and then move to tackle once there's a need. Maybe they think Albert's jumped into the top 10 where they'd still target defense.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    However, I have no freakin' clue who this guy is, or where in the world is Carmen San Diego that Bentley College plays.
    HUB,

In case you haven't discovered yet, Bentley is a college in Waltham, Mass, just outside Boston. It's primarily a business school, but offers other cirriculum too. I'm not sure if they want this guy to play football or manage the salary cap. He could be our Mr. Irrelevant pick!

Go Rams!:r

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    HUB,

In case you haven't discovered yet, Bentley is a college in Waltham, Mass, just outside Boston. It's primarily a business school, but offers other cirriculum too. I'm not sure if they want this guy to play football or manage the salary cap. He could be our Mr. Irrelevant pick!

Go Rams!:r
    I was not aware of that. Thank you 8352.

It only makes sense though. Zygmunt has finally realized he's horrible at drafting football players, so now he will draft businessmen.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I like the inclusion of Tyrell Johnson. Great against the run, good speed, lots of upside.

I think it's interesting that we brought in four runningbacks, three of whom are likely to go in rounds 1-3. Having spent a second round pick on a runningback last year and with Steven Jackson still on the roster, would we really spend another early draft pick on a runningback?

I notice that we brought in 3 of the top 5 corners in the draft (DRC, Jenkins, Cason), which would suggest to me that we might be thinking about taking any of them that falls into round 2. Meanwhile, our receiver list here has guys like Avery and Caldwell who might be around early in the third.

The only DE on the list is a late round tweener, which I think says a lot about what we're planning for the first round.

Now maybe this is all smoke, but this list would suggest to me that we're looking for a defensive end in round one, a corner or receiver in round 2 depending on value, and receiver or BPA in round 3.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

What happened to Josh Barrett? I thought hed be a name on there..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast