Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By shower beers
  • 1 Post By bruce4life
  • 2 Post By Rambos
  • 2 Post By laram0

Thread: Rams Probably Picking 15th With Own Pick

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Rams Probably Picking 15th With Own Pick

If they go 7-9, they would pick behind The jets, Giants, Tennessee and Baltimore, the other teams who predict at 7-9.

That would put them selecting 15th overall.

if they beat Seattle out there, which seems highly unlikely, but not impossible, the Rams would drop only to 18th .

Gonna be a fun off-season, with pretty much no chance of signing any st arting caliber free agentsdue to the cap siuation.

That means the likelyhood of a deal down, maybe a couple, to fill all the remaining possible open starting holes with top talent at OT, G, FS, and OLB, while also adding a QB, a big possession WR, another guard/tackle, and a big corner.

I would add DT, but the $3 million savings by cutting Langford would not be worth doing it

Keeping Langford, who may be growing into a 4-3 player at last, means no DL is at all a need in the draft. Same for TE, MLB, and RB.

That means you are really free to take those needs in the best possible order, but be sure that you'll get them with your best picks at a value for the player.

I am very happy we have a GM who understands the draft, and how just sitting tight can ruin your draft.

Barry Waller

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Probably Picking 15th With Own Pick

Langford has noticeably improved over the last few weeks. I'm not convinced either way as to what will happen to him this offseason, but I know he's earned the right to stick around if that's what the FO chooses.
    Rambos and ManofGod like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    I'm not convinced that the Rams won't find a way to move some money around and make a run at a FA.

In this draft, a pick in the mid-late teens should yield a good CB prospect.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm not convinced that the Rams won't find a way to move some money around and make a run at a FA.

Agree, hopefully the Rams front office could restructure some contracts to give them some wiggle room to sign a top-notch FA or two.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    If they go 7-9, they would pick behind The jets, Giants, Tennessee and Baltimore, the other teams who predict at 7-9.

That would put them selecting 15th overall.

if they beat Seattle out there, which seems highly unlikely, but not impossible, the Rams would drop only to 18th .

Gonna be a fun off-season, with pretty much no chance of signing any st arting caliber free agentsdue to the cap siuation.

That means the likelyhood of a deal down, maybe a couple, to fill all the remaining possible open starting holes with top talent at OT, G, FS, and OLB, while also adding a QB, a big possession WR, another guard/tackle, and a big corner.

I would add DT, but the $3 million savings by cutting Langford would not be worth doing it

Keeping Langford, who may be growing into a 4-3 player at last, means no DL is at all a need in the draft. Same for TE, MLB, and RB.

That means you are really free to take those needs in the best possible order, but be sure that you'll get them with your best picks at a value for the player.

I am very happy we have a GM who understands the draft, and how just sitting tight can ruin your draft.
    Still need an additional backup DT as Conrath and cujoi can be replaced I feel. A bigger DT, the size of Marcel Dareus or Red Bryant would be nice.
    ManofGod likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I agree, that's the range where a DB really starts to become a good value option in this class, IMO. It'll be interesting to see who separates themselves in a tight race to be the top guy.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I think we'll find ways to move money around to free-up cap space, as AV indicates. For one I think yesterday's injury to Jake Long ensures that Dahl will be gone as we may need to find money to re-sign Saffold. That places Saffold back at RG or RT once Jake Long returns. It will be interesting to see how the front office handles Finnegan, Wells and Langford. I think Wells may be gone as he's an injury waiting happen on the downside of his career. Langford could be restructured as his play has been getting better. Finnegan may be a Jeff Fisher decision as that's his guy. At the very least I see a restructure happening there.

2 others who will probably be gone are Chris Williams and Jo Lonn Dunbar. Each has played well but not great and Dunbar is a 1 year suspension away from calamity. It's early to see what plays out, but the good thing is that Free Agency happens prior to the draft so we'll know what needs we'll have going into the draft.

Go Rams!

Rambos is offline Registered User

The only FA that is a must is Rodger Saffold. With the pick at 15 I would rather take Clinton-Dix over a CB. We need a starter at S, CB we need the third CB. Cort is not done for sure and this is also a part time player. I also will never get over Tye Hill
    Richbert88 and Randart like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I hope we find a way to keep Dunbar. it seemed like as soon as he came back this season our defense improved.
    MauiRam and ManofGod like this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Langford has noticeably improved over the last few weeks. I'm not convinced either way as to what will happen to him this offseason, but I know he's earned the right to stick around if that's what the FO chooses.
    I have been very critical of Langford in the past, but I must agree with you, in the last few weeks he's look considerably better. I can't help but wonder if he's the long term solution at DT though.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Langford is 27 years old and, in his second year since switching to a 4-3 DT spot, had 45 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, and 4 sacks.

Is that worth $6M? In today's NFL... yeah, it probably is.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Would love to see the Rams move up a couple spots and grab HaHa...