Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

  1. #16
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    859
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Flacco numbers where good enough to make the playoffs, hard to say they are mediocre if they get a good team into the playoffs. More mediocre numbers 3,197 yards 21 TDs 8 INTs. These numbers are from a QB that is going to get a 120 million dollar deal soon and he has never won a super bowl.

    Sam got paid because he was the best of the best coming out of college, that's just the way it was.
    Don't forget the 524 rushing yards, 4 rushing TD's and QB rating of 91.6. As much as I hate to admit it, Kaepernick has been a great player for the Whiners, and in 2 years as a starter he has taken them to two NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl… that, as well as his potential, are why he is going to get a huge contract.


  2. #17
    Haste is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Do you think Cortland stays this year with a re-structure?


    More importantly, do you think Williams can get him back to form?


    His decline has been unbelievable.

  3. #18
    Mikey's Avatar
    Mikey is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    857
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Haste View Post
    Do you think Cortland stays this year with a re-structure?


    More importantly, do you think Williams can get him back to form?


    His decline has been unbelievable.
    I can see a few possibilities. He's cut and resigned at a lesser price tag and asked to take more of a reserve role, possibly even spending time as a Safety.

    Or Williams and Fisher can have ego's large enough to think they can fix what was wrong with him, or that there wasn't anything wrong with him at all just the injury, and he stays on the roster in the same role.

  4. #19
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    859
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Haste View Post
    Do you think Cortland stays this year with a re-structure?


    More importantly, do you think Williams can get him back to form?


    His decline has been unbelievable.
    I think if he restructures his chances of coming back are pretty good. And having Williams as coach can only help him, as they both favor aggressive man-to-man defense

  5. #20
    vanillasue is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Who cares what a writer from a fantasy football site thinks?
    Agree with the guy on the OL. Also, one thing that keeps coming back is the Fisher philosophy of insisting on establishing the running game. OK then, draft a couple of bad a ss mauling OLs and let's dominate the line of scrimmage. This animal OL Greg Robinson would be a good start. I'm all for it as they don't want to fire the O.C. who have proven he can't come up with a dynamic offense.

  6. #21
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Don't forget the 524 rushing yards, 4 rushing TD's and QB rating of 91.6. As much as I hate to admit it, Kaepernick has been a great player for the Whiners, and in 2 years as a starter he has taken them to two NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl… that, as well as his potential, are why he is going to get a huge contract.
    So you include his potential and understand his contract but with Sam you don't? I guess the what 6 games that Alex Smith won don't count? He is on a great team with a great D that's what got them to the playoffs this year. Kap has made some great plays but he's has not been a great player. He threw a pick to loose the championship game by forcing it and he could not get the ball into the endzone last year in the SB by throwing it or running it. Alex Smith took KC to the pklayoff, I thought that Kaps athletic abilities where going to make the difference. So far his QB play in the clutch has let them down.

  7. #22
    RosieJones's Avatar
    RosieJones is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Flacco numbers where good enough to make the playoffs, hard to say they are mediocre if they get a good team into the playoffs. More mediocre numbers 3,197 yards 21 TDs 8 INTs. These numbers are from a QB that is going to get a 120 million dollar deal soon and he has never won a super bowl.

    Sam got paid because he was the best of the best coming out of college, that's just the way it was.
    I'll agree with you that Bradford was the best QB drafted in 2010, but looking at that list I'm not sure that's anything to brag about. He certainly wasn't the best player in the draft by any means.

  8. #23
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Flacco numbers where good enough to make the playoffs, hard to say they are mediocre if they get a good team into the playoffs. More mediocre numbers 3,197 yards 21 TDs 8 INTs. These numbers are from a QB that is going to get a 120 million dollar deal soon and he has never won a super bowl.

    Sam got paid because he was the best of the best coming out of college, that's just the way it was.
    So after his rookie year when he broke all the records and was the OROY he was not worthly of some praise? The guy who wrote this said five straight years of mediocrity,,,,

    I think there are some things to brag about if that your thing.
    In week 8 against the Carolina Panthers, Bradford connected on 25 of 32 passes, two of them for touchdowns. In his first eight games he scored eleven TDs, which tied an NFL record—held by Dan Marino (1983), Peyton Manning (1998), and Ben Roethlisberger (2004)—for over that span by a rookie since the AFL–NFL merger in 1970.[68] Bradford went 3-2 as a starter in October, passing for 1019 yards and 7 TDs against 3 INTs. He was named the NFL's offensive rookie of the month.

    During October and November, he established a record for most consecutive passes without an interception for a rookie (169), which ended with an interception by William Moore in a home game against the Atlanta Falcons on November 21.[69] On November 28, 2010, against the Denver Broncos, Bradford became the first rookie in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions during a road victory.[70] He capped November by becoming the first rookie QB to win two consecutive Offensive Rookie of the Month awards.

    On December 26, Bradford surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback (326). Bradford finished the season with 354 completions out of 590 attempts, surpassing Manning's record of 575 for most attempts by an NFL rookie quarterback. Bradford became just the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan.[71][
    To make it sound as if the guy has never played well is not correct.

  9. #24
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,633
    Rep Power
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post

    Agree with the guy on the OL. Also, one thing that keeps coming back is the Fisher philosophy of insisting on establishing the running game. OK then, draft a couple of bad a ss mauling OLs and let's dominate the line of scrimmage. This animal OL Greg Robinson would be a good start. I'm all for it as they don't want to fire the O.C. who have proven he can't come up with a dynamic offense.
    How was that a response to my post?

  10. #25
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    859
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    So you include his potential and understand his contract but with Sam you don't? I guess the what 6 games that Alex Smith won don't count? He is on a great team with a great D that's what got them to the playoffs this year. Kap has made some great plays but he's has not been a great player. He threw a pick to loose the championship game by forcing it and he could not get the ball into the endzone last year in the SB by throwing it or running it. Alex Smith took KC to the pklayoff, I thought that Kaps athletic abilities where going to make the difference. So far his QB play in the clutch has let them down.
    So your penalizing Kap for making a couple bad mistakes in the playoffs, but you seem to forget all the good plays he has made to get them to the playoffs or the good plays he has made in the playoffs. Im not debating who the better player is, because anybody in their right mind knows that answer: it's Kaepernick. Just look at the career numbers between the two and it's not even close:

    Bradford
    4 year starter
    58.6 completion %
    11,065 yards
    6.29 avg.
    59 TD's
    38 Int's
    18 Fumbles
    40.7 QBR
    79.3 career passer rating

    Kaepernick
    2 year starter
    59.8 completion %
    5,046 yards
    7.90 yard avg.
    31 TD's
    11 Int's
    5 Fumbles
    69.9 QBR
    93.8 career passer rating

    Those stats are pretty convincing, and they don't even include all the plays Kap makes with his legs. People could make all the excuses for Sam they want, but besides a strong rookie year and a good 6 games stretch to start 2013, he hasn't performed well.

  11. #26
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    So your penalizing Kap for making a couple bad mistakes in the playoffs, but you seem to forget all the good plays he has made to get them to the playoffs or the good plays he has made in the playoffs. Im not debating who the better player is, because anybody in their right mind knows that answer: it's Kaepernick. Just look at the career numbers between the two and it's not even close:

    Bradford
    4 year starter
    58.6 completion %
    11,065 yards
    6.29 avg.
    59 TD's
    38 Int's
    18 Fumbles
    40.7 QBR
    79.3 career passer rating

    Kaepernick
    2 year starter
    59.8 completion %
    5,046 yards
    7.90 yard avg.
    31 TD's
    11 Int's
    5 Fumbles
    69.9 QBR
    93.8 career passer rating

    Those stats are pretty convincing, and they don't even include all the plays Kap makes with his legs. People could make all the excuses for Sam they want, but besides a strong rookie year and a good 6 games stretch to start 2013, he hasn't performed well.
    Kap is not a two year starter he has started 16 games this and took a great defensive team into the playoffs and lost.

    Look you need to go read what his own fans think of him, they watch every game... go check out the conversation in their forum.

    Sample of what most sound like...
    ~ Reads
    ~ Progressions
    ~ Accuracy
    ~ Touch
    ~ NFL QB level play FROM THE POCKET
    ~ Believe it or not there is more than Michael Crabtree on the field. Really you don't have to throw a hail mary to him everytime your back is against the wall. How did that work out the last 2 seasons? Looks like 0 - 2 to me. In 2 huge games. Better start finding the entire field of players and all reads and progressions.
    ~ Less commercials
    ~ More film work in the offseason

    This is what Kaep needs to work on. Not sure if he will improve or not. He does have ability. I will say that.
    Read more at http://www.*****webzone.com/forum/ni...Z3U7lGxYIUo.99

    You have more faith in him then most of their fans. Yes I do hold those two plays against him and so do most of the fans in San Fran.

  12. #27
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    859
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Kap is not a two year starter he has started 16 games this and took a great defensive team into the playoffs and lost.

    Look you need to go read what his own fans think of him, they watch every game... go check out the conversation in their forum.
    So Kap has started for less than a year and a half, which makes his overall numbers even more impressive. Sure he needs to improve on his reads, accuracy, and touch, but he's only been playing for two years and things like that take time. Meanwhile, Sam has been a 4 year starter and us Ram fans are still waiting to see him elevate his play. The thing is that Sam made almost 13 million last year and Kaepernick made a little more than a million, so if I was a San Fran fan I'd be happy to get that kind of production for a QB making so little. If Whiner fans don't like him I'd gladly trade Kellen Clemens for him, they both make around the same amount of money.

  13. #28
    emuen's Avatar
    emuen is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    220
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Look you need to go read what his own fans think of him, they watch every game... go check out the conversation in their forum.
    Sure. Now I've seen all Bradfords games and let me tell you....*gets dragged away from the computer, before he gets into yet another Bradford discussion*
    Rambos and Vinnie25 like this.

  14. #29
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    Sure. Now I've seen all Bradfords games and let me tell you....*gets dragged away from the computer, before he gets into yet another Bradford discussion*
    Yeah Vinnie I'm ending on that note... emuen has just hit a walk off.

    Vinnie25 likes this.

  15. #30
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    859
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Yeah Vinnie I'm ending on that note... emuen has just hit a walk off.

    Hahaha I agree

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
  2. RAMS INACTIVES (as per rotoworld)
    By ramsbruce in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -10-18-2009, 12:50 PM
  3. Vobora makes team as roster is cut to 53
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-31-2008, 02:50 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
  5. Team releases three to trim roster to 86
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -06-24-2007, 03:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •