Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Rams roster rating and team needs according to Rotoworld

Geez, I didn't expect the tone of this discussion to go the way it did (or I should say I hoped it wouldn't). I merely saw something worth sparking a conversation and posted it without any opinion, hoping we could talk a little about off-season needs. I know a lot of people are eager to read as much as they can right now.

It seems like it's getting more and more difficult to just have a conversation here without people bringing out the pitchforks based on the source of the information, regardless of what the information says. Does it really matter? We're all just fans sharing what news we've seen elsewhere and talking about it. Thanks to those of you who chose to participate in that way I guess.

demiurge is offline Registered User

Absolutely. This was a worthy thread - its a provocative pov and one that I don't agree with, but that doesn't mean that its worthless as a topic of discussion.

The big issue I think for the Rams is the OL, which is very unsettled, and if that doesn't shake out right we could see a major regression by the Rams next year. That being said, I believe that the current front office understands their roles, are good talent analysts, and we'll see positive steps in that direction. A lot is going to depend on whether they think the current veterans are worth retaining, or if this is a time to make a major commitment in the draft to the OL.

We need a good line. The Long injury is the big question mark right now - but my understanding is that there isn't a lot of guaranteed money in his contract in case he comes back at a diminished level.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps my words came accross as a bit too hostile, so allow me to clarify my point...

There are countless people who are publishing their views on the internet. The overwhelming majority of them have no more experience, inside information, or connections than any of us.

So, while the subject matter of this discussion is interesting, I see little reason to spend much time disproving (or agreeing with) the opinions of bloggers. I would rather see our members simply post their own analyses and open them up for discussion.

Just my $0.02.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

OK, but "rotoworld" hardly a site i put lots of credence in. They clearly have not seen how well Bradford played his last 16 starts. It surely was NOT mediocre.

They finished for the 20th best record in the NFL this year, with the youngest team, against the second toughest schedule, without their QB more than half the year and this guy thinks they will regess in 2014?

Looking around the NFL, calling THIS roster the 29th best is nuts.
    Randart likes this.
    Barry Waller

Mikey is online now Registered User

Rotoworld is good for news and rumors. I use it and Rotowire.com often. Don't put a whole lot of weight on their roster analysis but both sites have their uses.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The entire offseason Rotoworld have been suggesting the Rams are completely insane for not considering dumping Bradford and bringing in a rookie. But their analysis is completely based off box scores, not any kind of actual insight. Which is especially weird because before his injury Bradford's box scores were actually pretty good.

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    T But their analysis is completely based off box scores, not any kind of actual insight. Which is especially weird because before his injury Bradford's box scores were actually pretty good.
    Couldn't this indicate that you're wrong about how they do their analysis?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    Couldn't this indicate that you're wrong about how they do their analysis?
    Could do, but all they really care about are fantasy football stats. Touchdowns etc. They rate poorer players in good offenses better than good players on poor teams.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123