Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Second Rounder Will Be Telling

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Using the #2 pick for needs and not for the best available player in a hefty price to pay.
    But it's not like the Long supporters are advocating a mid round talent as opposed to the "best player available", which in itself is up for debate. Long grades out just about on par with Dorsey, and I would rate him higher myself for this reason. They both played against double teams for the majority of their junior and senior years. They both opened holes for their teammates. Chris Long had tons more production than Dorsey.

Yes, Dorsey played in the apparently NFL level competition of the SEC, but there's just as many kids in the SEC that will never play in the NFL as in the ACC. Don't forget that Torry Holt played in the ACC. Patrick Kerney played for UVA himself. So did the Barber twins. Matt Schaub played for UVA.

So go ahead and go with the "best player available" that fills a hole that's already plugged. I'll go with the same elite level talent that also fills a need. Oh, and he has hall of fame bloodlines that he'll be trying every single down not to disappoint... never forget that, either.

:l

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

do you only watch Big East football? Because I don't know anybody that wants Brohm or Rice as our second pick.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Leonard needs to just concentrate on playing fullback, which leave the Rams with no backup behind Steven Jackson. With the team looking to run more, a change of pace guy like Rice would be a great addition. There are a few other good looking backs in the second round area, but they are not coming from a program like Rice did, or have his stats.
    If anything, I think Leonard's best chance of success in the league will be as a runner. He doesn't have the bulk or the skill to be a great lead blocker, but when healthy is a reasonably good backup runningback. And we do have Antonio Pittman (as well as the semi-speedy Travis Minor) as backups as well.

I agree with the premise that we should be open to exploring less obvious positions in the early second round if the talent is there, but when I say that, I'm thinking a shot at one of the top linebackers in this year's class or maybe even a safety--but not a quarterback or halfback.

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

The way I see it is, we draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round only if we plan to put Bulger on the trading block. Makes no sense to pay him 65 million over 5 or 6 years if you're looking to replace him in two.

Secondly, unless we have given up all hope of resigning Steven Jackson, we don't make the same mistake in back to back years. I think it would be even more absurd than it was last year to draft a RB in the 2nd round. And to me, that's saying a mouthful.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

[quote=TekeRam;227148]But it's not like the Long supporters are advocating a mid round talent as opposed to the "best player available", which in itself is up for debate. Long grades out just about on par with Dorsey, and I would rate him higher myself for this reason. They both played against double teams for the majority of their junior and senior years. They both opened holes for their teammates. Chris Long had tons more production than Dorsey.

Yes, Dorsey played in the apparently NFL level competition of the SEC, but there's just as many kids in the SEC that will never play in the NFL as in the ACC. Don't forget that Torry Holt played in the ACC. Patrick Kerney played for UVA himself. So did the Barber twins. Matt Schaub played for UVA.

So go ahead and go with the "best player available" that fills a hole that's already plugged. I'll go with the same elite level talent that also fills a need. Oh, and he has hall of fame bloodlines that he'll be trying every single down not to disappoint... never forget that, either.

I would agree with you except for????

Are you comparing stats for a Defensive End versus a Defensive Tackle?

Next,,,,, who rates them the same? Is this 100% accurate??? If so, then your absolutely right. However, I do not think Long has nearly the potential of Dorsey but that is my opinion I have no evidence. Only time will tell if both players stay healthy and have long careers.....

Is Dorsey the real deal or is he Bait I guess we will have to wait a few hours to find out.

If the Rams get a great trade deal will we ever know if the Rams plan on taking Dorsey. If the Rams can acquire some nice picks I will be OK with them passing on Dorsey especially if we are in a spot to get a DE or another quality DT.

In regards to your SO GO AHEAD AND GO ON........ Please show me or some how enlighten me on how Dorsey and Long are rated the same. Last update on ESPN radio they predict that Long could drop out of the top ten if he's not taken by the Rams or KC????

If Long is so good why are we not getting offers from other teams to move up and select him.

If he's so good why are Falcon fans visiting the site and hoping that Dorsey falls to them?

Try answering those questions and if you come up with some logical answers then maybe I can have some faith in your belief....

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

[quote=Dominating D;227230]
    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Last update on ESPN radio they predict that Long could drop out of the top ten if he's not taken by the Rams or KC????

If Long is so good why are we not getting offers from other teams to move up and select him.

Youngblood was takin 20th overall.
    Deacon Jones was the 186th pick.

Look who else wasnt in the top 10....
    How many teams were offering the rams to move up and get them?

I know i know, through all the DE we have picked these are two unbaleivable stars that we got.

So Long could possibly fall out of the top ten if we dont pick him. ok.

I want C. Long to be a Ram. I belive he will be a monument on our defense for years to come.

You see the small point im trying to make....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12