Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IsaacBruceFan80 Guest

Rams set to trade up for Cutler!!

Hey gang...just saw this on ESPN Whatcha think?

The biggest developing story in the last 24 hours is the Rams' increased interest in Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler. The Rams are correct in believing the Cardinals are targeting Cutler with the 10th pick. As a result, the Rams have been working the phones trying to bait the Lions (No. 9) or Bills (No. 8) into a trade that would allow them to move ahead of the Cardinals for Cutler.

The Lions have not been overly receptive, as they have their sights set on Texas DB Michael Huff. Should Huff be off the board when the Lions go on the clock, they might change their mind. In the meantime, St. Louis will continue to work with the Bills, who have shown far more interest in dealing

IsaacBruceFan80 Guest

Espn Says Rams Will Trade Up For Cutler

From ESPN INSIDER

The biggest developing story in the last 24 hours is the Rams' increased interest in Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler. The Rams are correct in believing the Cardinals are targeting Cutler with the 10th pick. As a result, the Rams have been working the phones trying to bait the Lions (No. 9) or Bills (No. 8) into a trade that would allow them to move ahead of the Cardinals for Cutler.

The Lions have not been overly receptive, as they have their sights set on Texas DB Michael Huff. Should Huff be off the board when the Lions go on the clock, they might change their mind. In the meantime, St. Louis will continue to work with the Bills, who have shown far more interest in dealing.

WOW....What you guys think of this development?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Espn Says Rams Will Trade Up For Cutler

I think its a load of rubbish, the Rams may be trading up, but i doubt its for Cutler.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Rams set to trade up for Cutler!!

This has to be a ploy. Wouldnt the Rams rather have Huff than Cutler at this point? If we take Cutler I will seriousley doubt this coaching staff. Cutler cant help us now we have a qb. Why pick someone that cant help you for years to come? This will just be stupid if the Rams take Cutler. :down:
    Just Fix It

RamsFan16 Guest

I don't believe it until I Hear it.

maineram Guest

I'm with Rammiser...this has to be a ploy. Please let this be a ploy !!!!! We were 6-10 last year, we can't afford to be making a first round pick on a QB. Maybe the staff sees something we don't and is willing to draft for the future, instead of drafting to win now.

YES, it has to be a ploy.....please !!!!

Maineram - :clanram:

RamsFan16 Guest

If the Rams trade up for a QB its Vince Young.

rampete Guest

i smell a smoke bomb...

cutler is a fine prospect,but i don't see the rams FO picking a guy that won't play a down this year...

linehan and co. are letting the other teams behind them know that they have to jump in front of the rams and cardinals in order to secure Cutler...which may allow another player that the rams really covet to drop down one more slot...primarily huff or hawk...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

if this happens, I'm gonna be extremely p***ed, I don't care how great this kid will be in the NFL, sure its a great investment, but d**n, we need to think DEFENSE ONLY. And to even think about QBs are just mind boggling to me, I hate when I read stuff like this about the rams and another damn QB, how many do we need? what are we the lions?
    Last edited by HUbison; -04-27-2006 at 12:42 PM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

NJRAMFAN Guest

trade up for hawk or davis only!!

Tony Soprano Guest

If this is TRUE, than there are real problems Right here in River City!

My Grandmother can watch tapes of the Rams and see that we have no running game and that Bulger is always getting plastered. Further, when Bulger does get time, he's one of the best in the entire league.

So, I have to think this is not true. I really hope that someone is not overly concerned with putting their own stamp on the team and bringing in their guys.

I am much more inclined to believe the Rams are interested in trading up for someone else.

As for Vince Young, he needs the offense tailored to him. The entire offense will have to be changed. He is very talented, however, he is also somewhat of a project.

Our history with Projects (QB's moved to WR, QBs moved to safety, the 4th round OG we took out of nowhere (you try remembering his name) mitigates towards us staying the hell away from Vince Young.

Sure, there's a New Coach, but those other guys in the War room have been around and they are well aware of the criticisms and failures of past projects on the Rams.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Was the guard Travis Scott?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I'd be surprised in the extreme if this happens. Not to mention a little disappointed.

I see it as far more likely at this point that this may be a ploy designed to prod teams below us to trade up with us.

I just don't see the value in trading up for a QB, it'll have implications throughout our entire draft, depleting picks further down the order.

Truth is offline Registered User

I posted this on a different thread about the same subject. However, I think I'll add it here too!

I still have a problem with drafting Cutler. I know that we might be in need of a QB in a few years. However, our defense is a much more pressing need at this time. In the past few years we've seen teams do very well with marginal QBs. That is, as long as they have a strong defense. The same can not be said about the opposite. There are only a couple of things that would make taking Cutler ok:

1) Bulger's injury is significantly worse than what is being reported, and he might not be able to return

2) There is some sort of trade available to us using Cutler as bait.

3) Bulger can't figure out Linehan's system well enough to be effective (very unlikely).

Of course, this might all be part of the deception game that goes on around this time. I guess we'll find out soon.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

If rams trade up for cutler for some dumb reason Id be so mad.....GET HUFF

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast