Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Black Hills Ramman is offline Registered User

Re: Rams set to trade up for Cutler!!

Smoke and Mirrors by the front office. Rams taking a QB would spell the beginnig of a long next two years. Well, I guess we would have plenty of time to talk about how good Cutler might eventually be as we watch all those 15 - 45+ yard runs by any team you want to name in the NFL going against the Rams non-defense. Now getting Huff at 8 or 9 even if it means giving up a 3rd round pick would make my Saturday. I think I would even take my bankroll and head on up to Deadwood to continue extending that lucky streak.

BLACK HILLS RAMMAN

Goonsroad is offline Registered User

They want Huff, Hawk, VD, and are laying the ground work for the trade. Possbly stirring the pot to see who falls through the cracks. I believe the 49s will try for Bush at #1 and if the rams trade up it should be for Mario Williams.

RealRam is offline Registered User

The only possibility is, as AV mentioned, if we have FAs Grady / Fisk sign on the dotted line in the next day or two.

I think Fitzpatrick's presence as a project QB is still in the works, maybe even on the front burners, and that, coupled with Bulger's 'potential comeback' this year plus the temporary insurance of Frerrotte, makes Cutler a non-priority.

Welcome to the Clan, Goonsroad! :clanram:

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hills Ramman
    Smoke and Mirrors by the front office. Rams taking a QB would spell the beginnig of a long next two years.
    This is a Really good point! This would be admiting we're in a rebuilding phase.
    What message would this send to Bulger, Pace, Faulk, Jackson, Curtis, Little, Bruce, and Holt?

We need the first to address our Defensive issues, and we need more help than a FA signing - and our Running game is on life support. Plug a hole and add a difference maker says we are a competitive team and we have a chance to be contenders this year. Use a top-ten pick on a Rookie QB and it says I'm installing my offense and bringing in my guys and we have a 4 year timetable for being contenders.

Do you think Pace, Faulk, Bruce, Bulger, & Little will sign onto the 4 year plan?

Investing too much in any one area takes away from other areas and creates weaknesses and faults.
    How can the Rams justify:

Bulger - an MVP of a Pro-Bowl
    Ferrotte - a good backup targeted by Linehan.
    FitzPatrick - a good, young, promising QB prospect.
    CUTLER - A TOP-TEN Blue Chip QB

??????????????????????

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam

If I'm wrong I will throw a shoe at my TV.
    If you're wrong, i will drink a galleon of home made banana smoothie, even though lactose intolerant and get violent muscle spasms from eating bananas. NB- I am clynically proven to be neither of the above.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Why not? If Cutler is as special as everyone says, I'll be happy with the selection.
    Sorry to target just you, but there are many pro-Cutlerists on these boards so i picked and you got lucky.

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. If you, or any of the other vicims of Cutlerisation are unaware, the Rams pass defense got blown more than Bill Clinton in his first stint in office. Now eventually, things like this must come to an end. The dawn of a new era is now. The new and improved Rams begin today. I can assure you that coach Linehan and the FO will rock the very foundations of a principle I like to call Cutlerism.

Cutlerism- The key value that an overhyped QB of the future is an immediate need of today.

How in the world do the ProJays of the world expect our defense to perform better if it is undermanned and suffering from talent deprivation. Meanwhile, Jay Cutler sits on the sideline, driving to and from games in his new Cutler-Car, eating his Cutler-Lobsters, all the while knowing that he is on a fat salary to be the third or fourth string QB. \

Crazy Huh?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Yea, it's NOT crazy taking Cutler. This is how I look at personnel decisions in the era of the salary cap: the draft is for the future and free agents for the present. I don't know why most of you are so outraged by this. You say he could be a bust, well let's look at our first round picks recently and see how we've fared taking defense in the first round. Here's some names for you:

Jimmy Kennedy - Did he step in immediately?
    Robert Thomas - Great selection there.
    Adam Archuleta - Couldn't cover himself with a blanket.
    Damione Lewis - What a prize that was.

The only decent was Ryan Pickett and he didn't produce immediately.

Stephen Jackson produced some but not really till his second year. Now, the Rams could be staging all this but teams that need a QB are in front of them. Arizona is getting much better by the day, and if they step up and get Cutler it might not be painful this year but I bet it could be painful for years after that.

I'm just glad the franchise isn't just looking directly in front of them and realize that there is a future.

majorram is offline Registered User

AV got me thinking if we sign Jackson or Fisk, that we may go offence but I just think that they wouldn't trade up for Cutler ...THIS is SMOKE and MIRRORS guys...If the Rams trade up I'm sure HUFF is their man.... O the the fun of the draft!!!

Also why would the Rams say that they are interested in trading up for Cutler and let that be know before the draft, to me its to force other teams to show their plans...

steve:clanram:
    Last edited by majorram; -04-27-2006 at 10:57 AM.
    "The breakfast Club"

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Kennedy was three years ago, Thomas four and the others five, thats quite a lot of time that has passed. They were all drafted as system players to fit Lovie Smiths scheme. They were all undersized and quick. You cant have a defense play well all the time with that make up. We have small players still like Pisa, but we need to be pairing them with big guys to level out the defense. This is why we need to draft for now. There is a lot of talent on the team, so its very possible to comepete again this year. Taking Cutler wont make that happen.

In the last two years we have taken Alex Barron and Steven Jackson, and filled two holes on our offense. Taking Cutler is not filling a hole. Bulger isnt ageing and past his prime like Faulk. We have gaping holes on defense, especially at SLB. We havent yet found a player in the secondary to fill the void of Aeneas Williams. I dont know about you, but although i like seeing 300 plus passing yards being put up by our offense every game, it pains me when i see our defense has given up yet another 200 plus yards on the ground.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You guys can spin this all you want.

Here's what I'm intrigued by all this: If Martz was spitting this information out, most of you would be burning an image in effigy of Martz. Since it's Linehan, I haven't heard the same venomous spewing of how stupid Linehan may be.

Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by majorram
    AV got me thinking if we sign Jackson or Fisk, that we may go offence but I just think that they would trade up for Cutler ...THIS is SMOKE and MIRRORS guys...If the Rams trade up I'm sure HUFF is their man.... O the the fun of the draft!!!

Also why would the Rams say that they are interested in trading up for Cutler and let that be know before the draft, to me its to force other teams to show their plans...

steve:clanram:

I have to agree. This Cutler thing just stinks of misdirection. Pump fake short to Cutler but then go long for Hawk or Huff!

Also, signing Fisk or Jackson allows the Rams to grab a DT in the later rounds to develop, which means they can address other defensive positions, for example LB or DB, where the team currently needs starters or at least some decent competition.

Here's what I'm intrigued by all this: If Martz was spitting this information out, most of you would be burning an image in effigy of Martz. Since it's Linehan, I haven't heard the same venomous spewing of how stupid Linehan may be.

Hmmmmm
    We all hope Linehan isnt stupid enough to actually take a QB in the first round. But if we do i will be very disappointed with the team in general.

Taking another QB is basically a luxury pick. One that we cant afford to make because of the holes on defense. That said, if the Rams do take Cutler but then hit big in later rounds with starters at 4 positions then il be happy.

But thats not likely to happen.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Hmmmmm
    That's not true at all. When Martz was hired as Head Coach in 2000 he was almost godlike to us because what he did in contributing to our only Super Bowl win. We gave Martz and crew a pass until that 2002 draft disaster.

So no one is upset with Linehan yet because he deserves some time to build his team, just like we gave Martz.

If what we went through with the Martz draft era, we go through with Linehan in a couple years we will burn him also.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

just saw this on ESPN Whatcha think?
    I think ESPN simply spits out whatever fart they happen to be sniffing at the moment.

No FO or coaching staff in the world is going to let this kind of "information" leave their office. It serves them no purpose whatsoever.

Rule #1.
    This time of the year, EVERYTHING from the media (except what they make up) is there because FO's want it to be there.....ie, smokescreen.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    That's not true at all. When Martz was hired as Head Coach in 2000 he was almost godlike to us because what he did in contributing to our only Super Bowl win. We gave Martz and crew a pass until that 2002 draft disaster.

So no one is upset with Linehan yet because he deserves some time to build his team, just like we gave Martz.

If what we went through with the Martz draft era, we go through with Linehan in a couple years we will burn him also.
    Very well stated Ramsbruce. I couldn't agree with you more.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast