Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Rams Should get a Very Good Player at #44

Looking at the guys left, including those the Rams are not going to draft, like the DT and TE, it's clear that pick #44, and even pick 50 will return a starting caliber player.

Fucussing on the areas the Rams will be looking at, and I don't see WR as one of them here, you have five O-linemen, two or three cornerbacks, but just a very small number of OLB and safeties worthy of that area.

I'll be looking closely and cringing whenever one of the guys that would really be a value and a fit is picked ahead of the Rams, and it might be interesting to see how long Snead holds his water if his top guys st art flying off the board early.

This list to me is:

OL Bittonio, Moses, Sua-Filo, Kouandjio
    CB Desir, Jean-Baptiste
    S Joyner
    LB Van Noy

That's eight guys, and if you figure two QBs for sure in the top 5, and the WR, TE and DL/rush OLB still on the board, it's really clear that one of my list will surely be there at #44, and probably two or three of them, because of so many good players being available.

If another passer or two go early tonight, or a RB or two, the Rams will really get a selection of needs and guys who fall in their laps that may not be the great need.

The possible strengths in round three, or after a deal up into late round two for the next pick, could affect the #44, especially choosing between a good CB or a better OL.

Barry Waller

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Should get a Very Good Player at #44

I think there will be an early run on Olineman here at the beginning of the second. I expect Morgan Moses, Joel Bitonio, and Xavier Su'a-Filo to be gone by the time the Rams pick (#44) come around. I think our pick (if we stay put) will come down to S LaMarcus Joyner, S Terrence Brooks, LB Kyle Van Noy, OG Trai Turner or WR Davante Adams.

THE DREAM TEAM