psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Are the Rams sitting on their hands?

I hear and see all kinds of trades going on around the NFL on all the sites,but when it comes to the Rams?its all speculation and no substance.What on earth are they doing.Are they so wrapped up with Pace?Are they waiting to see whos left later on?Somebody needs to give that anal retentive front office an enema. :disappoin :upset: : :confused:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: Are the Rams sitting on their hands?

Sad thing is I can't recall when the Rams jumped up in front of the pack in F-agency!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, Kyle Turley was acquired through trade. The Rams just traded Gordon to the Dolphins this season. They're probably negotiating with Pace, Bruce, and Edwards, and plan on heavily pursuing guys in free agency where all they have to give up is money rather than a pick or a player and money.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

They just always seem behind the others! Like they wait to see who is cheap. Kinda like Georgia!

Maybe they've learned that in some cases it's better not to overspend? Would you prefer they subscribe to the Yankees business approach? Free agency doesn't even start until Wednesday. What exactly should they be doing now? Trading? Who?

It's all Rumors and hear say, Take it easy Nick! There's just alot more Rumors on other boards with other teams. Just more fun at this time of the year for Rumors!!!!!!

sbramfan is offline Registered User

You can't disagree with the "don't rush to overpay for the first guy out there" strategy, but you do have to make a move.

I believe that the front office is trying to get the Pace deal signed by March 2nd so that they know where they stand heading into free agency. They really can't do much if they don't have the Pace situation figured out.

The trade rumors about Pace are probably somewhat true, except that are mostly to get him to come to terms. If he doesn't by the 2nd, they could actually pull the trigger and trade him, but again, it will allow them to know where they stand with free agency dollars either way.

The cap money would definitely not do much good for 2005 if they finally do sign him after July 15th, or whenever it is if they don't get him signed now. And the 15th of March doesn't really work either because all the good FA's will be gone.

I don't think they are sitting on their hands this year...or I should say I hope.

I've read an article on espn,and it said.The Rams(Martz and Armey) are looking for linebackers and o-linemen in the second round.What are they looking for in the 1st round?.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    It's all Rumors and hear say, Take it easy Nick! There's just alot more Rumors on other boards with other teams. Just more fun at this time of the year for Rumors!!!!!!
    Take it easy? Dude, you really overemphasize the tone of message boards - I'm completely fine. You make it sound like I'm freaking out. :redface:

But maybe because other teams aren't quite as competitive and need more pieces to get back into the mix, they're more active in rumors. I dunno, I haven't heard any trade rumors involving teams like the Pats, Colts, Eagles, Falcons, etc etc. I'd rather be in that company than teams like the Vikings, Raiders, Cardinals, Lions, Bills, Redskins, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    I've read an article on espn,and it said.The Rams(Martz and Armey) are looking for linebackers and o-linemen in the second round.What are they looking for in the 1st round?.
    Probably lineman and linebackers as well, and maybe even corners or defensive lineman. We've seen reports that they've met with both Khalif Barnes and Jammal Brown, both of whom could be first round lineman (Brown for sure, Barnes dunno). Who knows, they could even surprise us and go with a safety like Brodney Pool in round one.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Wide receivers, of course!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I wouldn't put much stock in it. Remember, the offseason is more poker than football. No need to tip their hand going into FA and the draft.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ok Nick but dont be suprized if the Rams take a QB,RB,or a WR. I dont Know how long you've been a Rams fan at 22 not that long.The rams have a history since the 80s for pulling weird draft picks.You could almost say their getting Raider'itis.