Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: Rams to take Bradford #1 Says Schefter

I've heard Schefter say before that he was '100% sure' or 'certain' of things, and not 100% of them turned out the way he promised. I don't think those words mean what he thinks they mean.

I wish I were in a position to make a bet with him. Considering he should be happy to lay any finite odds on something he's 'certain' of, I wouldn't mind losing $1 for the chance of taking every penny he has.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Bradford can't throw at the combine due to his shoulder. Also, how much cheaper would Bradford be if we took him at #1 overall? #1 picks get paid. GoSuh!
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Drafting Bradford kind of makes sense. The RAMS have lowered the season ticket prices obviously concerned about the lack of attendance from last season. Drafting a QB with the our 1st pick would create alot more buzz among most fans vs. drafting a DT or any other position really, except maybe RB. The thing is that QB would have to be named the starter to get more fans in the seats.

They could still draft SUH and bring in a veteran QB if in fact Bulger is history and probably create the buzz they are looking for. Who knows?

Time will tell........

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Drafting Bradford kind of makes sense. The RAMS have lowered the season ticket prices obviously concerned about the lack of attendance from last season. Drafting a QB with the our 1st pick would create alot more buzz among most fans vs. drafting a DT or any other position really, except maybe RB. The thing is that QB would have to be named the starter to get more fans in the seats.

They could still draft SUH and bring in a veteran QB if in fact Bulger is history and probably create the buzz they are looking for. Who knows?

Time will tell........
    I wouldnt be so sure, you live in LA, i actually live in Saint Louis, listening to talk shows you hear the vast majority in the Suh Camp. Suh would put just as many butts in the seats initially as Bradford IMO. I keep leaning back and forth with the Bradford vs Suh talk. Everytime im in one camp the other brings me back in....Suh just got me back in his camp..

Id rather pursue a young promising guy from another team then pick a guy who will take a bit of time getting accustomed to taking snaps under center, has shoulder issues, and durability concerns. Who couldn't Suh be Glenn Dorsey? Then i could easily say we go with Bradford. I haven't got this excited for a defensive lineman ever...

My argument is simply, if people don't excpect us to win many games this year. then why do we HAVE to pick a QB out of a questionable talent pool of QBs THIS year anyway...A good qb class is coming next year, why can't we get out pieces in place this year then go QB next year?

I hope the Rams don't feel like their hand is being forced here...
    Last edited by Nick; -02-26-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Makes since to not want to pay a DT $12 million a year, when the top usually get around 7. If the can trade down they will, but then you need someone to want to pay that dt $12 mill a year. tough.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Makes since to not want to pay a DT $12 million a year, when the top usually get around 7. If the can trade down they will, but then you need someone to want to pay that dt $12 mill a year. tough.
    Money is only an issue if you think the owners and players are going to get their stuff together enough to get a new CBA with a continued salary cap. And at least one of those two parties is very much on the record as saying that once the cap is gone, they will do all that is in their power to ensure it is not brought back any time soon.

Ramzee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Point 3. The word on the street is Jim Mora's staff completely mishandled Curry's development and made a habit of playing him out of position. That seems to be the root cause of his problems.
    Just curious how playing an OLB at OLB is playing him out of position?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12