Rams take Claude Terrell (G, New Mexico) in the Fourth Round

Claude Terrell

Height: 6-21/4
    Weight: 343
    40-Yard: 5.38

College: New Mexico
    Position: Offensive Guard
    Class: Senior

Strengths: Big frame...Can and has played both tackle and guard...Very strong...Decent athletic ability for a man of his size...Very good run blocker...Brings a downright wicked attitude to the field of play.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have ideal height...Will struggle in space...Will get beat by speed rushers...Has short arms...Slow as a snail.

Notes: Best suited to play in a small area inside at guard in the pros...Versatitlity is a plus and should at the very least be a good backup at the very least.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams take Claude Terrell (G, New Mexico) in the Fourth Round

Slow as a snail...
    Good grief!

"Has short arms", etc. :nerd: Who writes these positives and negatives? Coaches?

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I sure hope that the brain trust knows more than what is listed above. This one sounds like a real reach. Hope I'm wrong...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

ramstiles is online now Registered User

how do you reach in round 4 he looks solid pick

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Actually I thought Terrell would be a Day One pick. I think we got pretty good value here for the end of the fourth.

Rambos is offline Registered User

It’s clear the Rams our trying to retool the O-line, with these picks. I love it with Jackson starting at RB it will be nice to be able to run the ball as well as keep Marc up right. It’s sad when we have to go get high school coaches to play on what seems to be a o-line that always is trying to fill holes. We have spent many first round pick rebuilding the D-line this is the time to rebuild the O-line. It’s not sexy but it what we need!

general counsel Guest

I agree with rambos. Many on this board said we needed depth on the O Line and i agree. We are making picks in areas we clearly need and I for one am not going to second guess the judgement of charley, martz etc for the judgement of Scouts Inc. or Kipper.

Bottom line,these picks are ALL reaches at this point in the draft. Who knows what value really is. I would much rather take a guy that charley and martz want than have kipper say it is a value pick.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

greatest show on new turf (2005 version) coming up

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

I am very pleased with the areas of attention this draft. We seem to be concentrating on solidifying our basics rather than expanding our arsenal. Even the best ammunition performs poorly in a faulty weapon.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

general counsel Guest

Fascinating analogy scidog, i really like that one about the ammunition and the weapon. I am going to have to think of a business context to use that while i am negotiating at work.

general counsel

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Fascinating analogy scidog, i really like that one about the ammunition and the weapon. I am going to have to think of a business context to use that while i am negotiating at work.

general counsel
    Please do. Just another bit of crap floating on the surface of the cesspool that is my mind.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams pick LM's Terrell in fourth round
    By Brandon Williams
    The Daily News
    Published April 25, 2005

LA MARQUE — Claude Terrell woke up late Sunday morning, and in search of orange juice, his life changed forever with one phone call.

The call came from the St. Louis Rams, who informed the La Marque native that he was selected in the fourth round (134th overall) of the National Football League draft, giving the New Mexico offensive guard a chance to play alongside All-Pro Orlando Pace — a player Terrell grew up admiring.

“He is someone I have always looked up to,” Terrell said Sunday evening from his parent’s home in La Marque, where family and friends celebrated with a fish fry before he departs to St. Louis for his first minicamp Friday. “I’m going to stay in his back pocket and learn everything I can from him.”

After waiting through the first three rounds to no avail Saturday, Terrell slept through most of the fourth round and actually missed seeing his name flash across the ESPN screen. His NFL career officially came to be when — looking for breakfast— his cell phone rang with the Rams secretary immediately transferring him to head coach Mike Martz, who informed Terrell that he had just been picked by a St. Louis team that reached the NFC Divisional Playoffs last season.

“I knew it was coming, but it was still an unbelievable feeling when I talked with Coach Martz,” Terrell said. “When he told me that I was picked by the Rams, it gave me a full-body chill.”

The Rams used its draft to retool its offensive line, as Terrell will also join first-round choice Alex Barron of Florida State and Richie Incognito of Nebraska, who was selected in the third round. The 6-foot-3, 341-pound Terrell received rave reviews from his new position coach, who views him as a player who will make his presence felt in the near future.

“We are excited about having Claude on the team,” said coach John Matsko. “Just looking down my list, he is nasty as an anchor, he can pull and run and hit a guy in spaces. He is going to be a great fit on our football team.”

Added Matsko, “You are going to like this kid.”

The minicamp can’t come soon enough for Terrell, who will get a chance to meet with the St. Louis media Thursday prior to stepping on the field with the likes of Pace and Pro Bowlers Issac Bruce, Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt. Their success will come from the blocking of Terrell and the two other young linemen the Rams will count on to maintain its offensive mantra of “The Greatest Show on Turf.”

“It’s a big sigh of relief to know where I will be playing,” he said. “I’m excited about the opportunity to play with St. Louis and show them what I can do. I want to be able to get into the starting lineup as soon as I can.”

Two other Galveston County players — La Marque’s Nehemiah Glover and Santa Fe’s Chris Louvier — were not selected in the seven rounds, but were expected to receive free agent offers as early as late Sunday night.

Its funny how we normally draft OL from the 4th round on this time we have drafted 3 good players by the 4th round

GSOT 2 is coming

KurtWarner2005MVP is offline Registered User

I like the looks of this guy. I think he'll be a good one.