Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Re: Rams take Maclin over Crabtree with 2nd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    you'd be playing with yourself (which could result in you becoming blind....
    Hmmm.... seems I've heard something vaguely familiar to this sometime in the past.

WHAT SAY YE?

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Right. Let's enshrine him now. He's clearly the best athlete in the history of the planet. Maybe he can spend the offseason as a part time SF for the Lakers too. From late June until training camp, he can play first base for the Yankees. Then, in the next Olympic games, he can compete in the decathalon.

Heck, why not just name him emperor of the universe and be done with it?

Nah my yankees already spent that paper on Tex to play 1st base. But Crabtree could play Center Field for us. SF? Crabtree will be as dominent as Shaq at Center for the laker. Yea shortest Center but the most dominent. Yea Crabtree told me he will be doing many events in the 2012 olympics he is even doing sprinting. He told me he will take home 10 gold medals.

I would name him emperor of the universe but Crabtree is to busy saving a kid from a well and trying to help Obama with his stimulus plan.

Everything me and AvengerRam said is not sarcasim. He just appriciates Crabtree for who he truley is. good to Avengerram jump from the lame slow moving Curry bandwagon onto the fast moving overcrowded Crabtree bandwagon.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

From what I've read & what Devaney said on the Bernie show, both Crabtree and Maclin are likely to be graded high . Who knows what the deciding factors would be at this point?

Both guys are young. Both played in a simple spread offense & were successful immediately.

The differences seem to be more about fit/type than quality.

Maclin has speed & elusive quickness. Crabtree has size & strength. Both have good hands and limited route running experience.

Both exceptional prospects.

I wouldn't sneeze at having either one if they address the OL in FA first. Even if they don't, the Rd2 pick could be OT and WR with the first. Who knows?

Maybe one or the other will botch The Combine or interview like Charlie Manson?

Should be a very interesting couple of months.

In DeSpags we trust

nanomoz is offline Registered User

Heya guys, Seahawks fan here, I come in peace. The suggestion of taking Maclin over Crabtree isn't a good one, in my opinion. I recommend reading Kyle Rota's scouting writeup's of both receivers.

Kyle is a Seahawks fan, and there is some slant in his mock drafts and such, but his scouting reports are pretty great.

I'm really interested to see you draft, especially given the rumors surrounding the release of Holt and Pace. Itsn't OT an emergency if Pace is released? Maybe I'm not well apprised of your O-line situation.

I do know that Incognito is something of a wanker.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-19-2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: No direct links

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by nanomoz View Post
    Heya guys, Seahawks fan here, I come in peace. The suggestion of taking Maclin over Crabtree isn't a good one, in my opinion. I recommend reading Kyle Rota's scouting writeup's of both receivers.

Kyle is a Seahawks fan, and there is some slant in his mock drafts and such, but his scouting reports are pretty great.

I'm really interested to see you draft, especially given the rumors surrounding the release of Holt and Pace. Itsn't OT an emergency if Pace is released? Maybe I'm not well apprised of your O-line situation.

I do know that Incognito is something of a wanker.
    Nice to see a good seahawks fan here. OT would be an emergency position for sure, but the logic behind taking Crabtree anyways is this. 1) OT is very deep int his years draft so there is always the second or third round where you could pick a decent OT, 2) there is also free agency, we shall see whot he Rams go for, but you could always pick up a good OT in free agency, then 3) If your going to spend that kind of money on a player, it might as well be one of the best play-makers on the game, like a fitz or megatron. Someone who could change the game in one play. Which Crabtree obviously has the ability to do. Although taking a Eugene Monroe instead wouldn't be bad as if solidifies the OT position with talent. I am of the opinion that either is a good selection. I was just explaining the logic behind it. By the way, CRABTREE IS JESUS!

Thanks for the advice,nanomoz, but aren't you kind of screwing your own team if you think we should take Crabtree over Maclin. or don't you think Seattle will go WR in Rd1?

Just got done watching several Maclin videos & don't see what your draftnik is talking about. I see JM swerving & juking guys off their feet, making runs in traffic,great acrobatic catches in the EZ, etc.

If the Tigers could have forced a punt every now & then, who knows how many more impact plays he would have made?

Their numbers look almost identical for '08 till you add that 1300+ in return yardage AND rush yds.

In short, Maclin is no track sprinter. He's a multifaceted football-fast player. Crabtree has his own terrific strengths, to be sure, but it's a tough call.

Even your own guy grades them out pretty close & I think the video evidence debunks a good part of the negative criticism about Maclin's perceived lack of athleticism.

it reminds me of the nit-picking you read about the top OT prospects.

Still, we are more likely to go OT. Pace may stay or go. Depends on too many factors to predict pre FA. Doubt that he will be the starting LT by game 4 in any case so why pay him a gazillion dollars?

Incognito may well be a wanker but he's only our wanker for now; the Seattle fans who booed Josh Brown last year are your wankers forever. LOL..
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -02-21-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Weddle is offline Registered User

O-Line wouldn't be a problem if we draft Crabtree. When his holiness is on the field it is estimated his team-mates instantly get between 12 - 19% better, depending on their proximity to the messiah.

If we run some bunch formations and put The Holy One next to Barron it might just be enough to eliminate his retardedness. It is thought that despite the 'Crabtree Effect' Richie Incognito will still be bad.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-19-2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: No profanity, including using symbols to get by filters

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    Yea why dont we give it up to the short kid with no shoes. The guy looked like a burner but the only guy he could burn is Warren Sapp

Who wants a 190 pound guy who ran like a OL.

However he could polish Crabtree's shoes before Crabtree signs a huge deal.

When you see Crabtree in the Rams WCO u will be left saying Jerry Rice who??? and all the Hall of Fame voters will say Crabtree should be the 1st WR to going on the 1st ballat.
    He looked good in a pass happy offense in a Conference that doesn't understand the word "defense". Note that "Crabtree who drives the storm clouds" only got hit 4 times for 30 yards and a TD when he faced an honest to God defense in the Cotton Bowl.

He may be a good player, but I doubt he's the greatest receiver who ever lived.

LOL...you're so going to "aitch- eee-double hockey sticks" for that kind of talk,Weddle.

Then again, you live in Blighty so maybe the change in climate is to be wished for.

I wonder who runs a faster 40; Barron, Cogs or Crabtree?

If you tape a candybar to his facemask, my money's on Richie.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -02-19-2009 at 03:55 AM.

I so wish I could photoshop right now.... the possibilities are endless....

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Well it's been a long time coming. We finally have a new number 1.

Ranked higher than:

The invention of the wheel
    Sliced bread
    Superman

it's CRABTREE!!!!

Seriously we are comparing his college stats to a player (Larry Fitzgerald) that plays in the NFL. The elite football league of the "WORLD"?!

If we do indeed draft Crabtree I hope he's every bit as good as some think he is. If we don't draft him I hope he's a complete bust.

BLASPHEMER!!! BLASPHEMER!!!

Thou shalt not doubt the Messiah!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Even your own guy grades them out pretty close & I think the video evidence debunks a good part of his negative criticism about his perceived lack of athleticism.
    Exactly, Azul!

Knock Maclin for being not big enough. Knock Maclin for being in a pass-happy gimmick college offense. Knock Maclin for looking to much like Marshal Faulk in the face (check him out, he does IMO). But to knock Maclin for being "not athletic enough" is silly to say the least.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

nanomoz is offline Registered User

Drummerman,

I would argue that WR's are easier to be had in FA and in the draft. Look at the past few years, how often is a good offensive tackle available in free agency? Off hand, I can't think of one. I also think The Smiths, Oher, Monroe and Britton could be gone by your 2nd pick. I'm not sure what that leaves you really...Phil Loadhold? I'm not sure he could even begin to handle the NFL's speed rushers. My ironing board has better knee bend.

The crop of 2nd-3rd round WR's is a pretty good one, IMO. Britt, Nicks, Iglesias, that freak Cal Poly guy--they all seem better values in that range than any OT I see being available.

I would prefer Crabtree for the Hawks, but I doubt both you and KC will pass on him. He's too good a player. But, I am holding out hope!

I'm not nearly as sold on this OT class as last years. If Stafford and Crabtree are both gone (likely), #4 is a bit of a no man's land. Our GM probably won't love Monroe or Oher--he's all into high effort, consistent guys. We'll probably try vigorously to trade down if the draft board falls like I think it will, but high pick trades are hard to pull of these days, I doubt we could get what that trade value chart indicates.

Before we franchised Leroy Hill (not in love with that move, too expensive for an above average LB), I was thinking Curry would be great at 4, but now we don't really have a spot for a LB. I'm of the opinion that a pick that high should come in and start immediately, with the exception of QB.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Hey guys numbers mean something in college.... .look at for instance Wes Welker he had a great college career or now Devon Bess. Both had solid college careers... Donnie Avery had a solid college career as well... Numbers count with receivers but more importantly its that it factor that receivers have... look at Fitzgerald or Bruce or Holt or Rice they just have it...

Does Crabtree or Maclin have that " IT"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast