throwback week



Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

  1. #1
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    " Indications are that Rams are targeting Louis Delmas at safety. "

    - Jim Thomas



    THE DREAM TEAM

  2. #2
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,869
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Not really a surprise. Hopefully he's able to play for more than half the season if they bring him in.

  3. #3
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Not really a surprise. Hopefully he's able to play for more than half the season if they bring him in.
    Spot on. Great player when healthy. I'm interested to see who the other Safety is going to be. Delmas was an easy match to see, still not even close to done yet though.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  4. #4
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,044
    Rep Power
    171

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Not really a surprise. Hopefully he's able to play for more than half the season if they bring him in.
    Or, at least, play in the most important half of the season!
    KoaKoi likes this.

  5. #5
    C-Mob 71's Avatar
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S. Illinois
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Hmm not sure how we will afford Long, Cook, AND Delmas. Here's hoping Demoff is as good as we all think he is...

  6. #6
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Hmm not sure how we will afford Long, Cook, AND Delmas. Here's hoping Demoff is as good as we all think he is...
    I read we had 15 mill (Could have been more for all we know). The cap is really easy to manipulate. Demoff is a genious, and I have no doubt in my mind he can work around the cap.
    C-Mob 71 likes this.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  7. #7
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Louis Delmas Visiting Rams Tonight!!

    " Lions free-agent S Louis Delmas visiting Rams tonight. "

    - Adam Schefter

    Better not leave without a Rams uniform! Lock this man up.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  8. #8
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Delmas coming to the Lou tonight for visit

    Per Schefter:
    Lions free-agent S Louis Delmas visiting Rams tonight.
    Per LaCanfora:
    Former Lions S Louis Delmas visiting the Rams. When healthy, he is a difference maker
    Walton knows exactly what this guy is worth and we won't overpay so I will love it.

  9. #9
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,869
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I read we had 15 mill (Could have been more for all we know). The cap is really easy to manipulate. Demoff is a genious, and I have no doubt in my mind he can work around the cap.
    But again, $6 million or so has to be reserved for rookies.

  10. #10
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    I believe we lock up Louis Delmas to a deal tonight. Lets get it done!


    THE DREAM TEAM

  11. #11
    peramoure is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Why are we excited about Louis Delmas? I was the *biggest* Delmas fan when he came out of Western Michigan and I prayed he would fall to the Rams in 09 (we go Laurinitaitis 2 picks later).

    But seriously, what has he done? He can't tackle very well, he is mediocre in coverage, and is injury prone. There's a reason why he's being let go by a team THAT NEEDS A SAFETY!! He is terrible! He has three picks in four years and doesn't play run support or have the tackle numbers that any above average SS needs. Ugh. I hope he goes somewhere else. There's a reason why nobody else has visits scheduled.

  12. #12
    peramoure is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    If the Rams sign Delmas to big money when we could have had Boldin, Harvin, Welker, Jennings or any of these other WRs just waiting to be signed, I am going to be so effing irritated.

  13. #13
    Vinnie25's Avatar
    Vinnie25 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    I like Delmas, but I like Glover Quin alot more... unfortunately I think he's out the Rams price range

  14. #14
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    Why are we excited about Louis Delmas? I was the *biggest* Delmas fan when he came out of Western Michigan and I prayed he would fall to the Rams in 09 (we go Laurinitaitis 2 picks later).

    But seriously, what has he done? He can't tackle very well, he is mediocre in coverage, and is injury prone. There's a reason why he's being let go by a team THAT NEEDS A SAFETY!! He is terrible! He has three picks in four years and doesn't play run support or have the tackle numbers that any above average SS needs. Ugh. I hope he goes somewhere else. There's a reason why nobody else has visits scheduled.
    This is very inaccurate. Delmas is actually a good tackler, and is excellent as a deep FS. I'm sure if he was "soo trash" that his OWN FORMER DB COACH wouldn't want him on his defense, unfortunately for you he seems to want him. Think I'll slide with Fisher, Snead, Walton, and Demoff on this one, sorry buddy.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  15. #15
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,065
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Rams Targeting Louis Delmas at Safety

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    This is very inaccurate. Delmas is actually a good tackler, and is excellent as a deep FS. I'm sure if he was "soo trash" that his OWN FORMER DB COACH wouldn't want him on his defense, unfortunately for you he seems to want him. Think I'll slide with Fisher, Snead, Walton, and Demoff on this one, sorry buddy.
    My thinking exactly. Walton obviously thinks highly of Delmas, who has a pretty impressive resume:

    Delmas was signed by the Lions to a four-year contract. Delmas returned a 65-yard fumble for a touchdown in Week 1 of the 2009 season against the New Orleans Saints. Delmas won September's rookie defensive player of the month award. On December 20, 2009, Delmas became the first rookie in NFL history to record an interception return for a touchdown, a fumble return for a touchdown and a safety in the same season.He is only the second player in NFL history to accomplish the feats in the same season.

    Delmas was named a Pro Bowl alternate for the NFC after the 2010 NFL Season.

    Delmas was named a Pro Bowl alternate for the NFC after the 2011 NFL season, despite missing 5 games to injuries.
    You can argue Delmas has had injury problems, but not that he's an ineffective safety.
    Nick, THOLTFAN81 and sosa39rams like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Balzer: Rams targeting CB Carlos Rogers?
    By Nick in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -03-13-2012, 03:34 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-29-2009, 02:42 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: -04-21-2009, 04:51 PM
  4. St. Louis Searches for Stability at Safety
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
  5. Rams | Targeting Bell,Priece,Claiborn
    By ramavenger in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -03-03-2005, 10:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •