Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rams4life88 is offline Registered User

Rams visit with James Hardy

Rams | Team to meet with Hardy
    Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:50:36 -0700

In an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio The SIRIUS Blitz, University of Indiana WR James Hardy said he will meet with the St. Louis Rams.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Rams visit with James Hardy

Thanks. Im hoping for him or Manningham in round 2.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I didn't get to see much Indiana football, so I couldn't tell you who Hardy is, but I agree with Manningham.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

heres his stats for ya moloch. REC 79 | YDS 1,125 | TD 16, hes 6-7 220, his high is a 4.42, seems like he would be a great pick
    Built RAM tough

TekeRam is offline Registered User

You mean that he's 6'-5 3/8" I also have him listed at 4.51 forty, but that was a combine time. I'm not sure if he improved upon that. At his height though, it looks and feels like a 4.4.

Here's his write up on NFL draft countdown.
    Strengths:
    Phenomenal size with a huge frame and long arms...A terrific natural athlete...Has big, reliable hands and can snatch the ball away from his body...A fantastic leaper with excellent ball skills...Knows how to use his body to shield defenders...Works well in traffic...Can do some damage after the catch...Has pretty good speed for a guy his size...A terror in the redzone...Was real productive...Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
    Isn't very quick or explosive and lacks a burst...May have trouble separating from pro corners...Has some character concerns...Will have to get stronger...Not much of a vertical or deep threat...Just a marginal blocker...Not a great route runner...Is not real physical or aggressive and may lack a football player's mentality...Still raw and will need to be developed...Inconsistent..Is more athlete than football player.

Notes:
    Also played on the Hoosier basketball team during the 2004-05 season starting 3 of the 23 games in which he played...Was arrested in 2006 on a domestic battery charge after his girlfriend accused him of hitting her and their son...He only began focusing strictly on football in 2005...A very intriguing physical specimen with rare measurables for the position...Might be a bit overrated since people have fallen in love with his size but in a best-case scenario he could be a Plaxico Burress - type

keith m. klink Guest

don't want anymore woman beaters please and thank you ! , and the same goes for MARIO . i don't think he will transfer to the pro life very good . But that is just my own opinion .

i would like the RAMS to target one of these guy's.

L. SWEED - 2ND
    E. DOUCET- 2ND
    A. CALDWELL - 2ND
    D. AVERY - 3RD
    E. ROYAL - 3RD
    A. BOWMAN- 3RD
    W. FRANKLIN- 4TH
    K. BURTON - 4TH
    P. HUBBARD - 5TH
    D. JACKSON - 6TH
    S. JOHNSON - 7TH

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I thought we'd be be looking for more of a speedster. A 4.5 forty is pretty good, but the scouting reports make it sound like he doesn't really play that fast. Good speed for his size but lacking burst or explosiveness sounds like Drew Bennett to me. And domestic battery charges definitely won't put him high on my wish list.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I like Hardy but would prefer Manningham. Whomever we get, I wouldnt complain.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post

Weaknesses:
    Isn't very quick or explosive and lacks a burst...May have trouble separating from pro corners...Has some character concerns...Will have to get stronger...Not much of a vertical or deep threat...Just a marginal blocker...Not a great route runner...Is not real physical or aggressive and may lack a football player's mentality...Still raw and will need to be developed...Inconsistent..Is more athlete than football player.
    Wow. If these weaknesses are valid, would he really help us much? Sounds like a Keshawn Johnson type receiver. More talk than walk. :\

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I dont like what ive read about him. i think we can find better. Hopefully Manningham will do good.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Hardy intrigues me. He reminds me a lot of Plaxico Burress.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I would take James Hardy over every receiver in this draft. Like Gholston, I believe he has the most upside and is already on par with his competition. He is also a terror in the red zone, a monumental weakness in our offense a year ago.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -03-29-2008 at 11:50 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I would take James Hardy over every receiver in this draft. Like Gholston, I believe he has the most upside and is already on par with his competition. He is also a terror in the red zone, a monumental weakness in our offense a year ago.
    I haven't seen this kid play but the "Character Concerns" are a problem for me.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I was wondering when that would come up:

"Hardy was arrested in May of 2006 and charged with domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime when he allegedly attacked his girlfriend and infant son. When the police arrived at the scene, the girlfriend's shirt was torn and she had marks on the side and back of her neck. The charges were dropped after he participated in a pretrial diversion program." (Excerpt taken from PFW Draft Preview).

Given Billy D's emphasis on good character it will be interesting to see what infractions can be overlooked, as Hardy's physical attributes alone make him intriguing ..

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM0 View Post

Same here. The kid is big and strong -- a real threat in the redzone -- but I've also read that one of his weaknesses may be lacking competitiveness or, at least an 'area for improvement' (Hoosiernation.com).

Let's see how the coaches assess him; we'll find out if they think Hardy can be coached into becoming a responsible professional.

Sometimes it's just a matter of being too immature too late. But the youngster might be ... "corrigible" and may be helped to grow up fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)