Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milan is offline Registered User

Rams want McFadden?

"As I reported earlier, the Raiders have a heavy interest in Arkansas RB Darren McFadden but they may never get the chance to turn in that card. Rams sources close to the team say McFadden is the top rated player on their board and the team that already has Steven Jackson in the backfield is not concerned with adding another stud Horse to the stable.

It could be a way of driving up the price for the 2nd overall pick or could be insurance against losing Jackson who is set to become a FA after the season and has struggled with injuries since joining the league."

This is from someone who works around the league at another forum (He has been very reliable). Hopefully it's just a smokescreen. I can't see McFadden being a better pro than Jackson.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Rams want McFadden?

Anyone who writes that jackson has struggled with injuries since entering the league cant be all that reliable from my perspective. He has missed some games of course, but i think he has been among the most durable guys in the league since he entered and i am sure that the stats will bear that out as i have previously read from others on this board.

Anyone who wants to bet in vegas on the rams taking mcfadden, its free money. Mcfadden will NOT be a ram, unless of course he has pass rushing skills of which i am unaware.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Milan is offline Registered User

Yeah, I already told him about the whole injury thing. I doubt we take him and this looks like a smokescreen or trade bait.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

This has all come from Schefter reporting that the Rams have McFadden at the top of their draft board. Its not any inside information from an NFL source, its taken from a Schefter article.

It is probably true that McFadden is top of the Rams draft board, as he is probably the most talented player in the draft. But the draft board doesnt factor in need, and need will affect our first round pick

Also, if the information does come from a Rams source, then you can bet that its just there to drive up interest in a team trading up to #2 overall. Its only a week before the draft, no way would they release any true information now.

It looks if anything that the Rams are trying to show interest in players that the Falcons and Raiders might covet. This is so they can take advantage of a trade down but still pick up one of the "big 4" in the two Longs, Gholston and Dorsey. If the Raiders do wish to trade up for McFadden, then even at the fourth spot the Rams will have a choice of two players in the "big 4"

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Anyone who writes that jackson has struggled with injuries since entering the league cant be all that reliable from my perspective. Mcfadden will NOT be a ram, unless of course he has pass rushing skills of which i am unaware.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    The pass rushing needs of the Rams surely is lacking, but no rookie lineman will change that overnight. Jackson has struggled with injuries or otherwise.
    McFadden will NOT be a ram, unless of course the Rams want to miss out on getting the best player in the draft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    The pass rushing needs of the Rams surely is lacking, but no rookie lineman will change that overnight. Jackson has struggled with injuries or otherwise.
    McFadden will NOT be a ram, unless of course the Rams want to miss out on getting the best player in the draft.
    In recent years, there have been a number of defensive ends who have made an instant impact in their rookie year including Mark Anderson (12 sacks), Elvis Dumervil (8.5 sacks), Tamba Hali (7.5 sacks), and Kamerion Wimbley (5 sacks).

Wolf is offline Registered User

For the way Jackson runs and lays everyone else out...his injuries are surprisingly rare. To say he has durability issues...makes me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Mark WHO?, Elvis WHO?, Tamba WHO?, and Kamerion WHO?
    All these guys will be on the chopping blocks soon or later. There's no WHO in McFadden and the Rams are smart by getting to know him!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I know the Rams won't get McFadden. Sure he may be compared as the next Adrian Peterson rushing running back, but when your defense is constantly getting scored on, there is a chance that your offense wont matter anyways.

What I'm saying is Steven Jackson is capable of putting up good points too. We don't need McFadden. He's just trade bait.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828
    Mark WHO?, Elvis WHO?, Tamba WHO?, and Kamerion WHO?
    Mark, the guy who helped get the Bears to the Super Bowl. Kamerion, the guy who helped make the Browns competitive for the first time in years. There won't be a "Darren Who?" because every Rams fan will remember him and Lawrence Philips in the same context.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Top player on your board just means you think he is the best player in the draft doesn't mean he is the best player for us.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

All these guys will be on the chopping blocks soon or later. There's no WHO in McFadden and the Rams are smart by getting to know him!
    you might not recognise those defensive players, but they all put up more sacks in their rookie years than every Rams DE combined did last year

whereas Jackson, despite missing some games, still put up 1000 yards rushing last year

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    whereas Jackson, despite missing some games, still put up 1000 yards rushing last year
    Doesn't a 1-2 punch of McFadden & Jackson in the Rams backfield sound enticing? I figured you would think so, Now savor that thought!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Doesn't a 1-2 punch of McFadden & Jackson in the Rams backfield sound enticing? I figured you would think so, Now savor that thought!
    Don't get me wrong, having a back field that looks like Jacksonville would be nice but...

We don't need it

We need a DE

Wolf is offline Registered User

What if we draft McFadden and see what falls possibly to the Cowboys 2 picks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast